THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

“You’re Shorter Than I Expected”

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

“You’re Shorter Than I Expected” Empty
PostSubject: “You’re Shorter Than I Expected”   “You’re Shorter Than I Expected” I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2019, 11:39

I want to start kitbashing Drukhari that are all significantly taller and longer limbed (between 50 and 75% taller and longer-armed).  I would be ok with allowing it to look like these are actual mechanical enhancements, but ideally they would look like these are their actual limbs.  Any recommendations for how I could get the parts for this conversion cheaply, or what I could use?

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: “You’re Shorter Than I Expected”   “You’re Shorter Than I Expected” I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2019, 12:08

Bloodbowl miniatures arew a slightly larger scale than 40k. Using the Dark Elf team would give you taller Drukhari.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: “You’re Shorter Than I Expected”   “You’re Shorter Than I Expected” I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2019, 21:17

I appreciate the tip, as depending on where I go for my limbs I might need bigger bodies, but I’m in the market for a more extreme difference. Thank you though!

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: “You’re Shorter Than I Expected”   “You’re Shorter Than I Expected” I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2019, 19:52

I think you may need to go the ol' "Truescale" route that people use for space marines.
Put a spacer between the torso and legs, cut either the shin or the thigh, insert a spacer, and file smooth. It'll definitely be harder with drukhari armor than with power armor, because it is so tapered and has so many segments, but I think you can do it!
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: “You’re Shorter Than I Expected”   “You’re Shorter Than I Expected” I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2019, 22:29

I am thinking I might use sprue bits to fashion extended prosthetics. The fluff for the force I want to bring to the tabletop is that my Drukhari are stranded in real space on a swampy post-apocalyptic imperial planet. They have modified their bodies to allow them to stand above the water and reach for low-hanging vines to climb into trees to escape from imperial reprisal or the attempted predations of the native plant and animal life. I know I'll be modeling for [i][dis/i]advantage, as they will all be harder to hide (I'm still not sure how I'll be able to fit them on 25s or whatever size bases Drukhari infantry come in these days). Thank you for your help guys! If I figure out a system and make anything worth showing I'll do a tutorial.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “You’re Shorter Than I Expected”   “You’re Shorter Than I Expected” I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

“You’re Shorter Than I Expected”
Page 1 of 1