THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model

Go down 
+25
Skulnbonz
Barking Agatha
ursvamp
Sarcron
Devilogical
Grimoire
dumpeal
Gelmir
Dalamar
Archon_91
SCP Yeeman
Darklord
sekac
Soulless Samurai
The Strange Dark One
False Son
albions-angel
Scrz
Burnage
AzraeI
mynamelegend
DevilDoll
Karr4x
havik110
Genomir
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model Empty
PostSubject: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25 2020, 15:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlnfxNgcAg
Back to top Go down
Genomir
Slave
Genomir

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25 2020, 16:19

Well I guess it is now 100% clear, atleast for me, that it is a new Leilith model. I wouldn't say she needed one desperatly, just painted her Finecast model a few weeks ago and it still holds up pretty damn well.
Also it seems GW has given her a little bit more to wear but the pose looks really promissing. Pitty that wyches and cult in general are not that great right now. Well one can hope for our new codex and maybe Leilith gets some sweet new rules too.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25 2020, 17:16

Thank god someone bought that poor girl some pants.
Like... New Lelith wasn't even in my top 10 "new things the drukhari need", but at least it's possible to look at this one without your sister immediately christening her "Commander Ass" and insisting that her wargear includes a "Tactical Battle Thong".
Purely hypothetically, of course.

red_head, Rusty293 and Archon_91 like this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25 2020, 17:21

I don't know I'll miss her old outfit

It was really iconic, the last remnant of the crazy bdsm elves and it was funny to watch the meltdown when people complained about the "bikini warriors"

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25 2020, 22:54

Either way, it's very promising. New models for us are almost always a good thing, and a new Lelith is not only wanted, but it also gives ideas for hopefully plastic Urien and the like.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
havik110
Slave
havik110

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 01:53

im gonna say a blood bride kit and not a Lelith kit. The model cleatly had a shoulder pad and back when they were introducing Yvraine they said she wasnt "Naked" because that was Lelith's thing. That said...

Lelith's Hair?

I wouldnt be surprised if we got a new Lelith model since Drazhar got 1.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 05:42

AzraeI wrote:
I don't know I'll miss her old outfit

It was really iconic, the last remnant of the crazy bdsm elves and it was funny to watch the meltdown when people complained about the "bikini warriors"

Nah, her "Old" outfit was heavily armored, her 5th model is just Kruellagh's 3rd model (I'm not joking) for some reason form 3rd to 5th they removed Kruellagh and gave that model to Lelith.

First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model Heroes10

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 09:31

Judging from the hair + barefooted + knives, I think it's indeed a new model for Lelith.

But if it really is her, I don't like how she is wearing way more things than usual (pants, backpack, pauldron ...)
Her minimal attire is not only iconic, but it's also part of her character. Not only to differentiate her from other Wyches models, but more than that, it enforces how she is a perfect natural killer and how she only needs the bare minimum to take down the strongest foes.

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 19:14

Poor Lelith isnt allowed to show skin anymore
Im willing to bet in the fluff she cast of her murdering raping schizophrenic cybergoth nature to follow the righteous path of the "good" elves
Wouldnt surprise me if she is Ynnari only as well

Yeah Say hello to the latest victim of PC culture...

AzraeI and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 20:44

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 22:11

@amishprn86 I wouldn't call that heavily armoured

And to me it does look more like they merged the two model designs

But I aslo don't think that it's Lelith anymore, if you look closely you can see that the new model doesn't have that much hair and a chainflail in her right hand

If the new releases fall in line with the Palanite for the sisters, we may be getting a Syren
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 22:31

We don't see her right hand in the video, there's something attached to her belt.

First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model VX5btvy

Based upon angles she also has a lot of hair.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2020, 23:28

I think her body obscures the right hand that holds the flail
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 15:00

It would be great if they brought back the discount versions of the generic HQ models like The Dracon, The Syren and The... haemonculus. ... intern...?
Since we are forced to take 3 HQs if we want to take the patrol detachments.
If like they say, they want us to play with elites, tanks and monsters, we should also get bloodbrides and trueborn back.
...and the duke
And the lady
And the baron
And the supreme overlord
And... The Headchop guy.

Squirrel!

Dr.Morbid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 17:07

Much as I'd like to see our lost special characters return, I'd be far more interested in seeing our pathetic list of generic HQs expanded.

3 would be a meagre number even if our army hadn't been pointlessly split into three subfactions.

And if our army is going to be stuck like this, then it would be especially nice to have options for a Mandrake Lord, Scourge Lord and/or Incubus Lord. As in, HQs that can be taken by any of the subfactions without losing them their bonuses.

Scrz and Dr.Morbid like this post

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 18:45

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Much as I'd like to see our lost special characters return, I'd be far more interested in seeing our pathetic list of generic HQs expanded.

3 would be a meagre number even if our army hadn't been pointlessly split into three subfactions.

And if our army is going to be stuck like this, then it would be especially nice to have options for a Mandrake Lord, Scourge Lord and/or Incubus Lord. As in, HQs that can be taken by any of the subfactions without losing them their bonuses.

I tend to agree, but I can't help but crave an awesome Grotesque kit even more. Something, big, bulky fleshy and monstrous like Skaven Stormfiends but lots of Coven nastiness instead.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could choose between a melee loadout and a ranged loadout? At least in AoS GW likes to make kits with different loadouts. And a decent ranged unit is the only thing Coven is lacking to become a well rounded and formidable faction just on its own.

Sigh. I know it's a pipe dream, but one can always hope.

As for the HQs, I think there are many ways you could at the very least mitigate the problem. The Lhamean and Sslyth could make some good "second in command" units which you could use as HQ units if there is an Archon in your army.

As with Cults, I think the Beastmaster should at the very least be an HQ. A low cost mobile HQ option would make beasts more attractive too, while a Succubus can be higher priced HQ assassin instead. And why isn't the Ambull available in our beast repository?

And why is there no Forgeworld conversion kit for Wraith units?
Darn it all.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 19:52

So combining this with the other threads, we have established that:

1) coven are set to be the DE meta for a while, everyone wants coven models, and we arnt getting any.

2) Everyone is happy with Kabal and Cult models as they are, just in time for them to drop a new model AND make those two sections of our army less useful.

Im not feeling the love right now.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 19:59

The Strange Dark One wrote:

As with Cults, I think the Beastmaster should at the very least be an HQ. A low cost mobile HQ option would make beasts more attractive too, while a Succubus can be higher priced HQ assassin instead. And why isn't the Ambull available in our beast repository?

Or, at least a version of the Beastmaster, like a Beast Lord or something.  Instead, the Beastmaster is not only not a HQ, they can never have a WLT, because screw you.  Other than the possible smoothbrain confusion of a Beastmaster trying to take a Succubus specific WLT, what is the point of singling out the only other character model in the Cult list?

As for the Ambull, i'm hardly surprised.  BSF is weird about how things can be taken by factions.  I'd like it, because that would give us a huge range of unit types from swarms (Razorwings), troopers (Khemera), bruisers (Clawed Fiends) and minor monster/Dreadnought (Ambull).  If Ambulls could be Heavy Support, that'd be nice, too.  Cults can't even form a Brigade if they wanted to, because no HS.

I'd also like to see something big.  Like, titanic big.  There are some great monster kits in AOS, and what a waste to not have something of that quality in our ranks.  I'd even take a Chaos Daemon type crossover where they say, yes, it's a AOS model, just kick off the rider.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 20:37

[quote="False Son"]

As for the Ambull, i'm hardly surprised.  BSF is weird about how things can be taken by factions.  I'd like it, because that would give us a huge range of unit types from swarms (Razorwings), troopers (Khemera), bruisers (Clawed Fiends) and minor monster/Dreadnought (Ambull).  If Ambulls could be Heavy Support, that'd be nice, too.  Cults can't even form a Brigade if they wanted to, because no HS.

I'd also like to see something big.  Like, titanic big.  There are some great monster kits in AOS, and what a waste to not have something of that quality in our ranks.  I'd even take a Chaos Daemon type crossover where they say, yes, it's a AOS model, just kick off the rider.

I have always thought that. Like, we know from books, codex lore, tons of stuff, that in the pits and dungeons of the dark city, there are TONS of things. Hell, we know that people have been capturing, modifying, and feeding TYRANIDS as PETS! Like, original, un-evolved, horribly huge monsters! And are you telling me we can make grenades out of "tortured wraithbone" but no one has figured out how to poison and corrupt a wraithlord? With its shell cracked and tubes sticking out of it, oozing horrible purple puss?

I cant help but think a DE raid isnt complete without a starcraft Ultralisk bursting out of the ground right in front of the poor guardsmen who were about to open fire on an incoming ravager. Of course the Wych cults and Haemi covens have huge monsters at their disposal. WHY CANT WE FIELD THEM GW!?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 21:15

albions-angel wrote:

I have always thought that. Like, we know from books, codex lore, tons of stuff, that in the pits and dungeons of the dark city, there are TONS of things. Hell, we know that people have been capturing, modifying, and feeding TYRANIDS as PETS! Like, original, un-evolved, horribly huge monsters!

Yep. Everybody agrees on that, even GW. When they announced the Ambull they even suggested using an Ambull for arena fights in Commorragh:
... A Drukhari arena battle pitches Wyches against an Ambull and a number of other xenos beasts.

albions-angel wrote:
And are you telling me we can make grenades out of "tortured wraithbone" but no one has figured out how to poison and corrupt a wraithlord? With its shell cracked and tubes sticking out of it, oozing horrible purple puss?

The thing is: They did. It was part of the grand finale in the Dark Eldar book trilogy.

albions-angel wrote:
WHY CANT WE FIELD THEM GW!?

Well... technically we are indeed able field them.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 22:13

I tend to agree, but I can't help but crave an awesome Grotesque kit even more. Something, big, bulky fleshy and monstrous like Skaven Stormfiends but lots of Coven nastiness instead.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could choose between a melee loadout and a ranged loadout? At least in AoS GW likes to make kits with different loadouts. And a decent ranged unit is the only thing Coven is lacking to become a well rounded and formidable faction just on its own.

To be honest, as far as HQs go, it's more about the rules than the models. e.g. I can and have converted Mandrake-themed HQs, but without rules for such I might as well have converted a goldfish in a wheelchair for all the difference it makes.

If we could get rules for HQs without needing specific models for them (as we used to), I'd be more than happy to convert them myself (and thus I'd be more than happy to advocate for other stuff - like new Grotesque models). Sadly, GW has decided that isn't allowed.

You're right, though - Grotesques definitely need new models. In fact, I'd say they probably needed new models far moreso than Incubi (they were also finecast but at least they were nice sculpts and you could get a min-sized unit without having to buy the same model 5 times).

And yeah, ranged Grotesques would be very nice. Twisted Evil

False Son wrote:

Or, at least a version of the Beastmaster, like a Beast Lord or something.  

That would be cool, as well. If it was good, you might even see beasts on the table.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 00:01

Soulless Samurai wrote:

To be honest, as far as HQs go, it's more about the rules than the models. e.g. I can and have converted Mandrake-themed HQs, but without rules for such I might as well have converted a goldfish in a wheelchair for all the difference it makes.  

If we could get rules for HQs without needing specific models for them (as we used to), I'd be more than happy to convert them myself (and thus I'd be more than happy to advocate for other stuff - like new Grotesque models). Sadly, GW has decided that isn't allowed.

You're right, though - Grotesques definitely need new models. In fact, I'd say they probably needed new models far moreso than Incubi (they were also finecast but at least they were nice sculpts and you could get a min-sized unit without having to buy the same model 5 times).

And yeah, ranged Grotesques would be very nice. Twisted Evil

False Son wrote:

Or, at least a version of the Beastmaster, like a Beast Lord or something.  

That would be cool, as well. If it was good, you might even see beasts on the table.

Although I would like plastic Grotesques, I have already accepted Crypt Horror conversions as Grotesques. If you'd ask me what I would like to see as a new model, Grotesques don't even come to mind because frankly I keep forgetting that the finecast model even exists. This in itself says a lot...

Anyway, yes, I would mostly want any other HQ choice than the very few we have. The current Lelith is fine for me. Give me something new! I don't even care that much what 5th edition HQ they dig up from the forgotten pits that house the GW archives. Anything will do! But don't make a plastic version of an already fine model, and expect me to be satisfied.

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 01:32

I'd love to see the generic HQs expanded
-Make a lesser version of Haemonculi and call the current one an ancient.
-Make a lesser Archon and call it a Dracon
-Make the beast master an HQ (for the love of God, please!!!)

If they ever did think about the design of our army long enough to adjust it, what auras would generic HQs have? Re-roll 1 to wound for poison would help give kabals something. +1 FNP for the Haemonculus? Too powerful?

I'd also like to see Lelith clothed. Unarmored fits her fluff, not undressed. I haven't worn armor in years, doesn't mean I wear a thong out and about.

Back to top Go down
Darklord
Hellion
Darklord

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 09:22

sekac wrote:

-Make the beast master an HQ (for the love of God, please!!!)

If I like this idea, but I think we would need a real synergie rules.

Arena pack:
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2020, 11:17

Probably also worth thinking about "ultra-cheap" HQs. The Dracon or Syren does not need to be a new model. It could literally be a Kabalite or Wych model, but with some extra ability and wargear options. That would even fit the fluff, as its a lower level warrior who has risen, through guile and skill, and commands some limited level of loyalty and fear.

I mean, several other armies have cheap HQs. AdMech has the Engiseer for example, who has no aura, is rubbish, but can heal one single vehicle once per turn. For 35 points. 35. Just being able to fill out HQ without it costing the earth would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model   First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First look at the (Possible) New Lelith model
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next