THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Fusion rules

Go down 
+2
krayd
False Son
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darklord
Hellion
Darklord

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 09:57

Hello

Today I read this article on BOLS : multi-meltas-are-hot
New Fusion rules Multi-melta-2020

I think it could be good for heatlances Scourges (I dream of Assault 2...).

Edit : In fact is a Primaris news (except update in next FAQ).  
        I forgot we are now in "Primaris 40K".
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 12:43

Definately more powerful than the old rule of "roll two dice and pick the highest"

Flat D2+d6 would be wonderful on our Heatlances, but I highly doubt we will get that rule. But who knows, maybe pigs will fly (after a visit to the friendly local Haemonculus).

I would like to be surprised, and we really need some help dealing with Vehicles at range now that Disintegration Cannon spam is dead.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 14:31

What's this? Space Marines aren't best enough?! Better continuously upgrade everything they have access to until there's no reason to play any other army.

I swear they just want to turn 40k into 30k.

megatrons2nd and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 15:39

We will see if the love gets spread around. 50/50 chance IMHO.

If you chose to play the True Kin because you thought that we would get all the latest and shiniest of toys, welcome to Disappointment Town, Population: Everyone Razz
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 15:53

fisheyes wrote:

I would like to be surprised, and we really need some help dealing with Vehicles at range now that Disintegration Cannon spam is dead.

Until the strength of Heat Lances is raised they will be an afterthought for attacking monsters and heavy armor. Where they really shine is becoming a more viable category everyday, light vehicles, bikes and large base infantry. I know the folks around here are down on Heat Lances, but they work really well against Outriders, Grots, Bloodcrushers, even characters.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 16:25

I chose Dark Eldar many years ago because I love them. I don't mind being largely neglected. But the rate of power creep for space marines is only accelerating. This change obviously leaves lascannons behind as an anti-tank weapon so that's going to need another boost.

How long until space marine lascannons are Str 10 Ap-4?

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 19:08

The strange thing about this is that Multimeltas are a strictly Firstborn weapon, as far as i know. Strange to see GW throwing them a bone.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05 2020, 21:07

False Son wrote:
The strange thing about this is that Multimeltas are a strictly Firstborn weapon, as far as i know.  Strange to see GW throwing them a bone.

Well, until GW produce errata that modifies the existing datasheets to have this rule, only the primaris unit that has this weapon profile on its datasheet will be taking advantage of the new rule. So, the bone has not been thrown just yet. Granted, they could be waiting until the new Marine dex, but if that is the case, then multi-meltas in other Imperium armies will still be under the old rules, without errata.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 00:06

The primary place for multi-meltas is on all the first founding vehicles. Right now, there is a distinction between first founding and primaris vehicles, but I don't think that distinction will remain forever. I could see rhinos and small dreads getting swept out as old marines are replaced, but I could see their flyers and especially the land raider sticking around. Once the changeover is complete, they can just say those vehicles are now being piloted by primaris.
Back to top Go down
Darklord
Hellion
Darklord

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 10:57

in fact, it seems that is a rules only for the Primaris buggy.

Invader ATV:

for example Eradicators keep basic rule.
Eradicators:

It makes me smile Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 14:14

That Eradicator datasheet will be replaced as soon as the codex drops. I expect that will change.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 19:43

I certainly would not build any lists around the hope that we get the new Melta rule.

Was listening to something on youtube this morning, and the guy was saying that Multimeltas were increased a "fair amount" with the new points, making them more costly than Lascannons. Our heat lances were given a price cut, so I dont think we will get this fancy new rule.

Instead we get a new Succubus model that nobody asked for, so yay?
Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2020, 20:58

Yes meltas were on first founding vehicles
But cawl is around from Heresy days and marines seem to be going legion in there make up
All the grav and heresy tech coming out
Primaris Heavy weapons teams seem to be going like those in the legions of old

Hoping our drukhari weapons get updated
Its going to happen 🤞
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Fusion rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fusion rules   New Fusion rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fusion rules
Page 1 of 1