THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday

Go down 
+2
Kalmah
Skulnbonz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2021, 17:02

Here is a list and brief overview of the tournament.

2000 points
3 patrols
patrol 1- Dark technomancers and Obsessive collectors

Drazahar, Warlord
5 wracks
5 mandrakes
2 reapers
3 raiders with dissies

Patrol 2- Red Grief
Succubus, +1 attack drug, blast pistol, blood glaive
9 wyches +1 s drug blast pistol, hydra gauntlets
8 wychesm +1 ws drug, blast pistol, hydra gauntlet
10 reavers, 3 heat lances, +2 movement frug
10 reavers, 3 heat lances, +1 toughness drug

Patrol 3- Flayed Skull
Archon, Djinn blade (-1cp) blast pistol
3 units of 5 warriors, blaster, blast pistol
2 sslyth
8 Incubi
3 venoms

Who I played against:

Death Guard turn 1
(Mortarian, termies, etc)
Won 53-18. Jetbikes flew all over taking out poxwalkers and evicerating flyby any lone characters. Only got to turn 4. Mortarian was wiped turn 3 by the reapers.

Sisters Turn 2
3 immolaters, repentia (multiple units) meltas and heavy bolter spam
won 100 - 20. The speed of the Jetbikes and an aggressive movement made it so the sisters never got out of their deployment zone. I am not kidding... they never were able to leave their zone. Amazing.

Necrons turn 3.
Silent King, Void Dragon, some other guy you need a 4+ to wound, deathmarks, scarabs, immortals etc...
Again, the speed of this army decimated my opponent. He was confident going into the game, but as it went on he saw me just throwing away garbage units to keep him off of objectives. We only got to turn 3!!! (very pissed at this) but he was pressed back to his Dz. I had all my heavy hitters left (the Incubi never had to get out of the vehicle!) and was in a great position.
Drazahar charged and killed the void dragon, then was consolidated into by the silent king, and ripped him a new one. Drazahar rerolling wounds is a beautiful thing.
Won 43-18. One more turn, would have had 15 more primary, 10 for scramblers and 3 for engage.
Ugh.

I was penalized 10 points per game (30 total) for not being all painted. (sslyth and reapers)
Took second place
beat two of the top tier armies in the game according to most people (sisters and Necrons)

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2021, 17:22

Congrats for your fabulous week end!
Not only did you win, you literally wiped them out by a big margin!
Good to see that you were facing ''9th edition power level'' and still found your way to victory!
Long live Drukhari!!!!!! Can't wait now to see what awaits us in our next codex! Smile

I imagine that the Death guard was playing using the 8th edition rules?
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2021, 18:59

Were you playing with the change to Dark Technomancers where multiple one's cause mortal wounds?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2021, 20:07

Congratulations! Always glad to hear tales of the True Kin showing the lesser chattel races who the true masters are Wink

I assume you went with the new point costs and rules for last turn?

And why Obsessive Collectors over more usual MoM or EC?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2021, 23:23

The wracks were just tax and deployed scramblers as they hid on an objective in my deployment zone.
only the reapers and the raiders were in play, and as rare as it would be, the vehicles could heal themselves if they killed something in hand to hand.
they didnt of course... but they could have Smile

sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2021, 02:23

Very impressive. Did you find the change to DT has much of an impact on how long your Reapers and Raiders lived? Also, do you think 20 man Wrack squads might have been useful at all?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2021, 05:09

Congrats, but TBH that sisters list is bad, Immolators are just bad (I play SOB also and in comps).

Over all that your list was tamed, GJ!

Do you have any pics to add?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2021, 12:44

The changes to DT did not effect me at all. at most, it was 6 shots, and I think I only rolled a 1 to wound three times over the whole day, which I CP rerolled. Never was an issue.
I would NEVER take DT on a venom though... it is great for low volume high strength shots though.

For Example.
I shot at an excorsict. Hit 4 times, he saved one on an invul. Told him to pick it up because the MINIMUM damage I could do was 15 wounds.
That type of dependable firepower was freaking amazing.
5-7 damage per wounding hit.. possible 6 hits. 42 possible wounds in one shot.
Reality was I was RELIABLY doing 18 wounds per vehicle per shooting phase with these things.

sweetbacon and JRG like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2021, 13:02

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2021, 15:04

Good to know thanks. We will see how this all shakes out in the new DE book. I expect Dark Technomancers to stay in the new book but we will see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday   Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went undefeated at a 15 man tournament Saturday
Page 1 of 1