THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Lotus for an Archon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Dark Lotus for an Archon Empty
PostSubject: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 16:03

This topic appeared in the discussion of the HERO’s roster.

You may take one of the Relics from the supplement if your warlord is a cult of strife character. So it is stated in the supplement. The similar thing is indicated in the codex – you may take one relic if your army is led by a Drukhari character.

As HERO said and it is probably true, these rules apply only to the free relic. So if your warlord is a Troupe Master, you may not take the free drukhari relic. But you can do it for CP.
So if your army is led by an Archon, your free relic is the Djinn blade, you may buy the Morvaine’s agoniser for CP.

But there is no limitation in the supplement for characters, who may take certain relics. For example I see nothing, what prevents an Archon from taking the Dark Lotus Toxin.
Please prove me wrong.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 16:53

It says that right at the top of the page in the Warzone book “…you can give these relics to a Cult of Strife Character…”
Unfortunately the Archon is not a Cult of Strife unit
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 17:08

fisheyes wrote:
It says that right at the top of the page in the Warzone book “…you can give these relics to a Cult of Strife Character…”

Yes it says so, but what I meant, this whole statement referres only to a free relic. If you buy a relic for CP you are not limited by this sentence.
In othe words, if you can buy it for CP with no Cult of Strife warlord in your list, so you probably can equip it to any character.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 17:30

Artifacts of the Dark city Strat says "this must be a relic they can have"
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 17:53

fisheyes wrote:
Artifacts of the Dark city Strat says "this must be a relic they can have"

It is specified in some relics, which model can have it. Like Djinn Blade is only for a huskblade model. Or the Nightmare Doll is Haemonculus only.
But in the Dark Lotus description there is no such restriction, that's the point.
I'm not a Cult of strife model? Fine, I don't need it for free. Shut up and take my Command Points!

Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 18:07

Id rule no on this one. Its pretty obvious in the wording here. No other book really allows this. I can't put a salamanders relic on a white scar and vice versa. I'm 100% positive they never tested it this way.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 20:38

Maybe I wasn't clear. The strat to give a character an extra relic forbids this. It only works on a relic you could already take, and you can't take this relic because your archon isn't CoS. CoS relics are reserved for CoS units, as per the top of the CoS relic page.

Sorry buddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lotus for an Archon   Dark Lotus for an Archon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Lotus for an Archon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: