THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) Empty
PostSubject: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 23:11

This is worth the watch.

On Art of War check youtube this afternoon Nick Nanavati (Drukhari) was going to play John Lennon (Ultra Marines). At the Last moment Nick leaves and Richard Siegler comes in and pilots the Ultra marines which he thinks was list tailored to beat Nicks's List and makes John switch to the Drukhari on the spot.

John wins 80 vs 60 something but looses all offensive tools, and he says that he wishes he had one or 2 more transports at least. Chat is doing some math and they inform John that Nick's Druhkhari list is only 1717 points.

Well played John well played.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 11:00

The AoW guys are putting out some good Dark Eldar stuff right now.

I recommend a watch, if you got the 3 hours to spare
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 05:14

They're the only guys I can watch. Other ones are just.. pretty bad. As in, high production quality, but bad players with bad lists.

Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 06:59

HERO wrote:
They're the only guys I can watch. Other ones are just.. pretty bad. As in, high production quality, but bad players with bad lists.

I'm a bit surprised - I'd have thought SkaredCast would be on most drukhari players' list of viewable battle reports. Skari isn't what I'd call a bad player? My understanding is that he's quite competent and regularly plays in tournaments and acquits himself admirably, and his videos certainly have good audio quality and employ at least the basic and competent editing that's tragically missing from a lot of video BRs.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 07:18

mynamelegend wrote:
HERO wrote:

I'm a bit surprised - I'd have thought SkaredCast would be on most drukhari players' list of viewable battle reports. Skari isn't what I'd call a bad player? My understanding is that he's quite competent and regularly plays in tournaments and acquits himself admirably, and his videos certainly have good audio quality and employ at least the basic and competent editing that's tragically missing from a lot of video BRs.

Oh, yeah, except for Skari. He's a friend of mine and the only other player I'd watch. Me and him are actually the oldest DE content creators (I write, he youtubes, used to write Razz) and are in a chat together.

He knows how I feel about his lists, but he has tons of DE experience and makes his lists work out of sheer knowledge of the game and the army. I still think his lists are jank, but he makes them work so I'll give credit where credit's due Smile

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 16:13

Skari is Co-Captain of Team Canada in the WTC. Dude has a mind for 40k, no question

Go Canada! Wink

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 17:50

I love Skari's lists, I find them well thought out and balanced for tournament play. He is also in constant communication, with Nick Nanavati, Brad Chester, and Sean Nayden as he is a coach for the Art of War. I feel his lists should be considered bleeding edge for his playstyle.

Now Adrian at Tabletop Titans, his lists drive me batty. They just need to get more people in to play so he can focus down the armies he plays.

Lawrence over at Tabletop Tactics, His lists are good and work, just not my playstyle.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 18:27

Nanavati’s AoW stream house RTT list is very interesting in that it contains not one, but TWO, Court of the Archon units. I heard John Lennon on a podcast also speaking highly of these. Is it possible that we all underrated Courts since I’ve heard nothing about them other than they’re still bad since the book came out?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 19:52

sweetbacon wrote:
Nanavati’s AoW stream house RTT list is very interesting in that it contains not one, but TWO, Court of the Archon units.  I heard John Lennon on a podcast also speaking highly of these.  Is it possible that we all underrated Courts since I’ve heard nothing about them other than they’re still bad since the book came out?  

Its more than just them, lots of Competative players seem high on them. Especially Sslyth and Urguls. the cost per wound is just great and these 2 units have power from pain and a 5+++, good melee output and some shooting. He said he is using them for While we stand in certain matchups. No one wants to dedicate the resources to kill them.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 13:03

That game is happening today, right?

Didn't like how they used the abusive Razor flails/competitive edge combo to kill Gman in the last game vs Ultras. Hopefully they play it different this time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)   Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Art of War battle today (April Fools to John Lennon)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: