THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points Empty
PostSubject: Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points   Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21 2021, 11:48

Here is my competitive list for future tournament. I like both CoS and CB cults and I try to max out advantages of both sub factions with heavy fire support from the Obsidian Rose.

== Cult of Strife Patrol Detachment == +2CP [180 pts]

HQ1(warlord): Master Succubus [75 pts], razorflails, Grave Lotus, WT: Competitive Edge, RELIC: Dark Lotus Toxin

TR1: 10 Wyches [105pts], Agoniser, Painbringer, HEKATRIX OF THE CRUCIBAEL RELIC: Morvaine’s Agoniser,

== Cult of the Cursed Blade Patrol Detachment == 0CP [545 pts]

HQ2: Master Succubus [75 pts], Adrenalight, WT: Precision Blows, RELIC: Triptych Whip
HQ3: Drazhar

TR2: 10 Wyches [105pts], Power Sword, Random Drug
TR3: 10 Wyches [105pts], Power Sword, Random Drug
TR4: 5 Wyches [50pts], Random Drug

EL1: 5 Mandrakes [75pts]

== Kabal of the Obsidian Rose Patrol Detachment == 0CP [1275 pts]

HQ4: Master Archon [85], Huskblade, WT: Ancient Evil, RELIC: the Djin Blade

TR5: 10 Kabalite Trueborn [135 pts], Dark Lance, 2 Blasters
TR6: 5 Kabalite warriors [50 pts], Blaster
TR7: 5 Kabalite warriors [40 pts]

EL2: 5 Incubi [80 pts]
EL3: 5 Incubi [80 pts]

HS1: Ravager [140 pts], 3 Dark Lances
HS2: Ravager [140 pts], 3 Dark Lances

DT1: Raider [90 pts], Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies
DT2: Raider [90 pts], Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies
DT3: Raider [90 pts], Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies
DT4: Raider [85 pts], Dark Lance
DT5: Raider [85 pts], Dark Lance
DT6: Raider [85 pts], Dark Lance

How does it work? 2 Succubi go shred things. Drazhar goes near by. Most important assault is supported by the Archon who forces the enemy to fight last in order to prevent the counter offensive strat.

I have a Cult of strife detachment with a succubus warlord to gain access to relics and stratagems. (I know you can buy CoS relics for CP, but this moment needs clarifications and I don’t want to dispute with anyone about this. Moreover it doesn’t matter in this list who is your warlord as soon as all the necessary characters gain WT).
CoS wyches got their No Retreat Agoniser and +1 T drug in order to hold the enemy in combat longer.

The Succubus got +1S instead of +1A as I think she has enough attacks and she can generate even more with her WT. But with the strength 5 she is capable to wound harder targets more effectively. As the goonhammer article is correct, this choice is solid.

Cursed Blade wyches benefit from random drugs as they already have Str 4. There is no bad results in the combat drugs chart, even +1 LD/+1BS is viable. But with good rolling you can potentially have 6 attacks with str 6 from one Wych on overdose.

Mandrakes go for scramblers/banners or deny the enemy infiltration or bait the enemy to charge them. A good unit.

Incubi are riding a boat with 5 wyches as a safety bag and 5 kabalites with blaster in the other boat. They are also accompanied by the Archon and Drazhar.

5 Naked kabalites are for home scoring and home scramblers.
Trueborn and ravagers and raiders are for anti-tech/anti-biker/anti-terminator purposes.

Initially both my Succubi were in the same CoS detachment, they had precision blows on razorflails and competitive edge on the triptych. Then I decided to make both of them Master succubi for additional annoying my opponent.

So what do you think guys?

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points   Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22 2021, 17:06

You sure you only want the two CoS units? Seems like a lot of effort just to get some tricks on a 10 man unit of wyches.

I personally hate the Razorflail Succubus combo, and would never use it. But if your in a super cut-throat meta, you do you buddy.

I must admit I like all those boats. Would look very intimidating on the tabletop!
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points   Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23 2021, 15:41

What Secondaries are you thinking of taking? I always try and have 2 built into my list so I can either choose the Mission Secondary or one based on my opponent.
Engage is an easy one for us, Scramblers will be tough unless you want to sacrifice a turn of your Wyches doing work to Scramble.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points   Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23 2021, 16:03

List looks good. I'd be tempted to try to scrounge up some points to get splinter racks on the Trueborn's raider but other than that, looks pretty solid.

SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points   Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 10:09

fisheyes wrote:
You sure you only want the two CoS units? Seems like a lot of effort just to get some tricks on a 10 man unit of wyches.

Yeah all those tasty stratagems are just for one unit of wyches. This is definitely downside of this list.

fisheyes wrote:
I personally hate the Razorflail Succubus combo, and would never use it.

I know, this combo is super dirty, but this list is for the big tournament where everyone shows their worst units.

SCP Yeeman wrote:
What Secondaries are you thinking of taking?

I prefer to take table quarters/anti-quarters, scramblers, mission specific secondaries like Overrun, Scan, Priority Target and some missions which depend on my opponent, like killing characters, taking down warlord and so on.

Count Adhemar wrote:
List looks good. I'd be tempted to try to scrounge up some points to get splinter racks on the Trueborn's raider but other than that, looks pretty solid.

Honestly I’m not a big fan of racks. I think it doesn’t worth 10 points for just an additional wound to a space marine.

PostSubject: Re: Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points   Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive list with Cult Strife and Cursed Blade 2000 points
Page 1 of 1