THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 22:01

Greetings fellow inhabitants of the Dark City!

Really looking forward to working on this project, it has been in my "to do" list of hobby things to do for a long time.

Premise of the project is creating a Dark Eldar army with lots of Eldar bits. I love the color scheme for the Il-Kaithe Craftworld, and my favorite color is green so that helps too.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Il-kai10
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Il-kai11

Wave Serpents, Falcons, and other Eldar tanks will be used as counts-as for Raiders and Reavers, with a healthy helping of skulls and spikes to "drukhari" them up a bit. I also want to include plenty of Kabalites, Wyches, and Reaver Jetbikes in the army too.

Credit for much of the inspiration for some of these ideas goes to this reddit post, along with many other beautiful images I have found on the internet of amazing Dark Eldar armies, including this forum (reason I joined!!!).

List of what I have on the painting table so far:

• Succubus
  • Fuegan- to be converted as an Archon
  • 20x Kalabite Warriors
  • 20x Wyches
  • 2x Venom transports
  • 2x Wave Serpents- to become Raiders
  • Fire Prism- to become a Ravager
  • 7x Reaver jetbikes

The list will include more reavers in the future, and definitely at least one flyer. Possibly some wracks and a hamonculus too if I can come up with a conversion I like.
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 22:05

First up on the painting table are my test Kalabites and one of the wave-serpents.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden38
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden40
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden39

I also have the Succubus and the reavers primed and ready to be painted.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden41

Here is my early progress on the future Raider and one of the test minis (who for now will be my forum avatar as well):

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden43
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden42

Hope you like the direction this is heading!
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 17:00

Current progress, basecoats are done for the tank and the infantry:

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden44
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden45

Next up will be highlights and fixing the light green on the hovercraft that went on way too thick.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 17:20

nice paint job buddy!
is it me or there is a necron attached to the ship?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2021, 19:05

Hahaha! These look nice and spikey! I like the combination of the Gurardian and Warrior kits, they seem to mesh well.

Highly recomend magnets on your vehicles. They are incredibly helpful as the game/points change.
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26 2021, 22:24

Kalmah wrote:
nice paint job buddy!
is it me or there is a necron attached to the ship?

Thanks! It is a poor hapless necron who ended up on the wrong end of the Eldar torture chamber, now a war trophy. Still hasn't passed his reanimation protocols Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders 1f600

fisheyes wrote:
Hahaha! These look nice and spikey! I like the combination of the Gurardian and Warrior kits, they seem to mesh well.

Highly recomend magnets on your vehicles. They are incredibly helpful as the game/points change.

I have used magnets for the turrets so far, and will be doing so for a lot of the underslung weapons as well. And I am really enjoying mixing up bits from both of the miniature lines, with a healthy does of extra heads lying around!

I took a break to assemble my (gasp) deathwatch marines, and now I am moving back to getting some painting done. I never shared the pics of this guy, but here is the new archon for my force:

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden47

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden46

He is the ancient metal model of Fuegan, now turned Archon for my force of not-so-dark Eldar. Plan is to name him Landru after an old Original Series episode.

Sadly I did look up the rules for the Archon models and was surprised to see that they don't have many long ranged options? In this model's case I will have to assume that his giant gun is just for show, and to impress all the lady Archons out there.
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27 2021, 14:48

Did some painting last night, and have two more kabalites much closer to completion.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden48

They need some more work, and I am very intimidated about having to do those super tiny eyes, not sure how I will do that yet.

My first hovertank also has more work done. I am very happy with how the bones look now, and enjoyed painting the windows.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden49
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28 2021, 17:48

My two test kabalites and the wyches on my hovertank are now also complete!

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden51

It was a challenge to add tiny highlights to prevent the helmets from coming across as pink instead of purple.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden52

I need to practice doing more drukhari runes, but from what I can tell there isn't a drukhari alphabet out there?

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden50

Here are the wyches:

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden54

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden53

They look fantastic on the tank, I am more confident in preparing to paint the rest of my wyches now.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden55

Next up is more infantry and finishing off this tank, and that Archon!

Gizamaluke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders
Page 1 of 1