THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Pure Wych Cult

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

2000pt Pure Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18 2021, 22:29

I hadn't initially planned to share this list but then I noticed that there was another pure Wych Cult list, so I thought it might be interesting to post mine as a point of comparison:

Cult of Strife Patrol
Master Succubus w/ Hypex (+2M), Glaive & Splinter Pistol, Parasite's Kiss, Warlord: Unparalleled Agility
5 Wyches w/ Grave Lotus (+1S), Blast Pistol, PGL
5 Mandrakes
5 Mandrakes
9 Reavers w/ 3x Heat Lance, Power Sword
Raider w/ Dark Lance
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle

Cult of the Cursed Blade Patrol
Master Succubus w/ Adrenalight (+1A), Glaive & Agoniser, Triptych Whip, Tolerated Ambition: Precision Blows
5 Wyches w/ Grave Lotus (+1S), Blast Pistol
5 Incubi
5 Scourges w/ 4x Heat Lance
Raider w/ Dark Lance
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle

Master Succubus w/ Grave lotus (+1S), Shardnet & Impailer, Traitor's Embrace
5 Incubi
Raider w/ Dark Lance
Venom w/ Splinter Rifle

2000pts (7CPs)

Mostly just messing around with a theme and also trying to keep the Cursed Blade patrols symmetrical. I wanted mostly Cursed Blade for the extra strength but thought I'd also add a single Strife cult for a little tech. Might be unnecessary, though.

Succubi builds are based on the models I'll be using. Warlord one is meant to be agile and semi-shooty (Parasite's Kiss is the best I can do on that front). Thought Hypex might help her get to where she needs to be without having to Advance (so she can still fire her pistol). I could trade out Unparalleled Agility for Quicksilver Fighter but I think the ship's already sailed on making her remotely competitive or even worth her points. Razz  Fortunately, I do have a model with a weird, chain weapon so I'm running that as the traditional Triptych build. Lastly, I have one with a different chain weapon that I think would make the most sense as a Shardnet. I also just really wanted to try the Traitor's Embrace, and it made by far the most sense on this Succubus.

I wanted to include a decent number of troops and went for lots of little squads (hopefully S5 will make up for a lack of Wych weapons). The Succubi will probably each with Wych squads in Venoms, leaving two of the Raiders to contain an Incubi and Wych squad each.

I originally had some Hellions but they were one of the things cut after the price hikes.

Anyway, thoughts are welcome. Mostly just thought it might be interesting to see how it compared to the other pure Wych Cult list.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 17:15

Nice list!
however, i'm not sure to totally understand your point: because of the point increase, Hellions had to be removed? but they are amongst the only units without any point increase, and i think makes the consensus that they are the best unit from the Cult subfaction.

IMO Wych are now a little bit overcosted (they're still really good, but their point increase hurts)

Personal opinion, instead of 2x Cursed Blade, i would do a Custom Test of Skill detachment.
That way you could save a little on the second Heat LAnce Scourge unit and maybe replace it with a Shredder unit.

But seriously, nice list you got there! looking forward to your results! and whishing you the best of luck Smile

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 20:24

Kalmah wrote:
Nice list!
however, i'm not sure to totally understand your point: because of the point increase, Hellions had to be removed? but they are amongst the only units without any point increase, and i think makes the consensus that they are the best unit from the Cult subfaction.

No, I meant because so many other units had gone up in points, so I had to cut something.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have liked to keep the Hellions but something about their point cost made them rather awkward to fit in. I kept being left with a lump of points that wasn't enough for another unit but felt excessive to be spending on random upgrades. Razz

Still, you're right, it's probably worth my having another go at fitting them in. I'll fiddle around a bit and see if I can get them in.

Kalmah wrote:

IMO Wych are now a little bit overcosted (they're still really good, but their point increase hurts)

I suspect you're right. As alluded to above, I made this list prior to the point increases, when taking a ton of Wyches looked a lot more appealing.

I generally like lists with a lot of troops but after the changes I'm honestly less and less inclined to take more than the minimum number of them. Might end up settling for lists with a lot of infantry, instead. xD

That said, one thing I do like is just the feel of having a lot of stuff to play around with (rather than a handful of big/elite units).

Kalmah wrote:

Personal opinion, instead of 2x Cursed Blade, i would do a Custom Test of Skill detachment.
That way you could save a little on the second Heat LAnce Scourge unit and maybe replace it with a Shredder unit.

That's interesting.

Only possible downside is whether I'll be able to remember which Wych unit is which. Laughing

Kalmah wrote:

But seriously, nice list you got there! looking forward to your results! and whishing you the best of luck Smile

Thank you. I very much appreciate your feedback. Always nice to hear from you, Kalmah. Smile

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 21:00

lol my bad for the Hellions Wink
They're my favorite models IN OUR ENTIRE CODEX!! so i can't even fathom a list without them lol.
And with the recent point update, they cost almost the same than Wych but with more move, toughness and potent weapons!

about your point to "recognize" what model is in what detachment, i face the same problem and i agree that sometime i find it just simpler to have 2x same detachment.......will have to figure out a way to solve this problem other than making a different color scheme :/
Usually i try to have every "captain" built differently (different helmet/head, different armor etc...) so this can help a little but this is not still not perfect except when they have a totally different weapon (whip vs sword as an example).

Tomorrow i'll be playing a fluffy Chaos Daemons of Tzeentch list game with 3 friends, all with 8th edition codex just for fun (Chaos SM, Genestealer, T'au), but after that i'm coming back all-in with my first love: Drukhari!!!!
i'm already building some lists, i'll share them with you soon for some comments and suggestions Smile

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 22:26

Kalmah wrote:
lol my bad for the Hellions Wink
They're my favorite models IN OUR ENTIRE CODEX!! so i can't even fathom a list without them lol.
And with the recent point update, they cost almost the same than Wych but with more move, toughness and potent weapons!

Oh yeah, Hellions look amazing. Only reason I'm hesitating is that I don't have many built at the moment. I have a bad feeling I disassembled many of the ones I did have for various, ill-fated projects. Razz

Still, I'll have another search as I'm sure I should still have a bunch of them somewhere and I do really want to give them a go.

I also have some conversions I could use for them but they're much more of a palaver to make so that would rather limit the number I can field.

Kalmah wrote:

about your point to "recognize" what model is in what detachment, i face the same problem and i agree that sometime i find it just simpler to have 2x same detachment.......will have to figure out a way to solve this problem other than making a different color scheme :/
Usually i try to have every "captain" built differently (different helmet/head, different armor etc...) so this can help a little but this is not still not perfect except when they have a totally different weapon (whip vs sword as an example).

Using different sergeants is a good idea. I've been working on some quite unusual sergeant models for my Wych units, so I'll see if I can split them into visually-distinct groups for this purpose.

Kalmah wrote:

Tomorrow i'll be playing a fluffy Chaos Daemons of Tzeentch list game with 3 friends, all with 8th edition codex just for fun (Chaos SM, Genestealer, T'au), but after that i'm coming back all-in with my first love: Drukhari!!!!
i'm already building some lists, i'll share them with you soon for some comments and suggestions Smile

Oh cool. Are you doing teams or is the game going to be a free-for-all? Either way, best of luck.

And I very much look forward to seeing what you come up with on the DE list front. Twisted Evil

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 13:42

I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but Hellions are REALLY good. Especially in lists that already include Reavers. The Animus Vitae relic also makes them bonkers great.

Lately I have been running in my CoS Patrol
5x Reavers with only +1A drug
10x Hellions with the +1A drug

If you run into the Hive Guard spam list, you can set up the Reavers 36" away, pop Deadly Rivals (+1"M), auto advance 27", charge with +1" for CoS (35" total). Throw in a command point re-roll for Charge distances and you have a good chance of shutting down the attacks before they happen

Animus Vitae allows you a Turn 1 advance and charge, CoS allows your Reavers to charge thru walls for 1CP.

Into a Vehicle heavy army (GK, AdMech planes, etc) you have the Hellions to reroll all wounds with their D2 profile. Very nice to take out a Dreadknight (and pop the 4++ after to make them have to Smite you to death).

Test of Skill is also super tastey. If CoS wasnt so amazing, I would be going that way...

Thats my $0.02 anyway!

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30 2021, 20:05

Yeah reavers, hellions and the animus are great. I hardly if ever leave home without them.

I love hellions. They are fast, don't require a transport and hit pretty dang hard. Reavers are a great utility unit.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01 2021, 11:40

Thanks for the additional responses, guys.

I've revised the list a bit:

Cult of Strife Patrol
Master Succubus w/ Hypex (+2M), Glaive & Splinter Pistol, Parasite's Kiss, Warlord: Unparalleled Agility
5 Wyches w/ Grave Lotus (+1S)
5 Mandrakes
5 Mandrakes
Beastmaster w/ Adrenalight (+1A)
5 Khymerae
5 Khymerae
Raider w/ Dark Lance

Master Succubus w/ Adrenalight (+1A), Glaive & Agoniser, Triptych Whip, Tolerated Ambition: Precision Blows
5 Incubi
9 Reavers w/ Splintermind (+1BS, +1Ld), 3x Heat Lance, 3x Grav Talon
Raider w/ Dark Lance

Master Succubus w/ Grave lotus (+1S), Shardnet & Impailer, Traitor's Embrace
10 Hellions w/ Adrenalight (+1A)
Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance
Raider w/ Dark Lance

2000pts (7CPs)

I've dropped two Wych units, an Incubi unit and their 3 Venoms and have added a unit of Hellions, a Ravager (technically not Cult but it's basically just a Raider with extra guns), and also some Khymerae just to mix things up a little.

The warlord Succubus will run with the beasts as she has the same movement speed, thanks to Hypex. She can't buff them or anything so it's just for fun, really. Beastmaster will naturally also go with the beasts, though I might throw him away to prevent Overwatch with the Strife stratagem.

Other Succubi will go in the all-Wych Raiders.

I'd have liked to split the Hellion unit into two but I ran out of FA slots. Razz

Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01 2021, 21:39

For the record a Ravager is missing <Cult> while a Raider has <Cult>

So a Ravager is *not* technically a Raider with extra Guns. Someone far more knowledgeable than I mentioned this to me as a possible issue when running pure Cult. And he mentioned that this probably explains why the Reaper has the same keywords as a Raider but the Ravager does not
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01 2021, 22:31

Grimoire wrote:
For the record a Ravager is missing <Cult> while a Raider has <Cult>

So a Ravager is *not* technically a Raider with extra Guns. Someone far more knowledgeable than I mentioned this to me as a possible issue when running pure Cult. And he mentioned that this probably explains why the Reaper has the same keywords as a Raider but the Ravager does not

Oh yeah, I just meant from a fluff standpoint.

The Raider in this list will just be a random Kabal (makes no odds which).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pure Wych Cult   2000pt Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Pure Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1