THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

GW's new rotation

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
Archon_91
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 13:02

So it looks like GW is taking down basically the entire range of druhkari fine cast models ... I know with the "they will be back in the future" promise ... but what do yall think the chances are that those models are going to be replaced with new plastic sculpts throughout the next couple years ... or have a big model bump with our next codex in say another year or so
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 14:28

Based on past stuff, I think GW are just trying to get Finecast out of their system. I wouldn't be surprised if there was still a bit of a wait for replacements.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:12

Honestly, I wouldent have bought these models anyway. The Resin is just terrible, better off kit-bashing something.

The razorwing flocks were stupid expensive for their points

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:24

I'm sad to see the last of the 2012 Coven range go, but hopefully this means plastic grotesques and a new Urien Rakarth are being made.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:28

I own 15 Grotesques. None of them are the Resin dancing Grot.

Had such high hopes when it was released back in 7th (?), really hope they give us something cool to replace it (although many players are switching over to 3D printers anyway, due to cost/meta shifts)
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:36

fisheyes wrote:
Honestly, I wouldent have bought these models anyway. The Resin is just terrible, better off kit-bashing something.

The funny thing is, kit-bashing is precisely why I'd buy these models. Razz

Spoiler:

See, if the models were metal rather than resin, I wouldn't be able to make conversions like these because I lack the requisite angle-grinder. Wink

Not that I particularly like resin (not GW's resin, at any rate). I just prefer it to metal because it's much easier to work with when I want to convert stuff. Obviously plastic would be better, but that doesn't seem to be an option for these models at present.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 00:49

TBF, 75% of that is plastic bits. Only the chest/head is Resin (unless they made resin Scourge I am forgetting about).

But your right, much easier to kitbash resin than pewter. Ive made all my kit-bashes from pure plastic, and will never go back to the GW resin Razz

Side note, Ive been playing around with a 3D printer, and having to use super-glue is making me miss the GW plastic. I swear there is more finger skin on those models than on my fingers Razz
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 14:47

you've gotta pay somewhere for those models Wink so yeah 3D print is really something (my friend made some with a cheap 3d print, can't imagine with a professional level!)

But i got to say that, yeah GW have a lot of issue with its game (they even infuriate me), but their models are really insane and i have to raise my hat to Citadel for the quality of their model, even with the recent price increase i still feel we have something for our bucks.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 15:09

I would say the current 3D printers (Im rocking a Mars 2 Pro) are superior to the GW resin, but inferior to the GW plastic.

But the machine has already paid for itself. Just from the Wracks that have been printed.

From a Comp point of view, with its constantly shifting Meta, the 3D printer appears to be an essential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GW's new rotation Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW's new rotation   GW's new rotation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW's new rotation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-