THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13

Go down 
+7
SirTainly
hellios
Thor665
Sorrowshard
Sky Serpent
abjectus
Gobsmakked
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 21:52

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IMPERIAL-ARMOUR-VOLUME-ELEVEN-THE-DOOM-OF-MYMEARA.html

GBP42.00

Official blurb:
Quote :
The Imperial ice world of Betalis III is under attack from the combined might of three massive Eldar war hosts. Their motivation for attacking this seemingly insignificant planet is unknown, but General Myndoras Odon of the Cadian 6th Armoured Regiment is intent on bringing about the total destruction of these Eldar invaders. Wielding the might of three Imperial Guard regiments and joined by the savage strength of Bran Redmaw’s Great Company and the colossal power of Titans from the Legio Gryphonicus, the Eldar of Craftworld Mymeara, Craftworld Alaitoc and their Corsair allies may soon regret attacking one of the Emperor’s worlds.

Imperial Armour Volume 11: The Doom of Mymeara provides a detailed account of the Eldar invasion, as well as background and rules for its protagonists, the Eldar of Craftworlds Mymeara and Alaitoc, their Corsair kin and the forces of the Imperium. Also included are profiles for new special characters, machines of war, and a new Eldar Warrior Aspect squad, the Shadow Spectres. This 224-page full colour hardback book, written by Talima Fox, is packed with vehicle and infantry profiles, three Apocalypse datasheets, a campaign section and an Eldar Corsair army list. In addition the book also contains a detailed background and technical section covering the existing Forge World Eldar range.
Orders for this book will be dispatched on Friday the 16th of December.

Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 IA11_cover

Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 Contentsia11

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Feb 15 2012, 20:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Imperial armour 11 out on dec 16   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 22:54

There is a corsair list in it. Rumour had it the list was a dark eldar / craftworld hybrid with a couple unique units. I have been waiting for this list since the fw corsair models came out. Depending on how much dark eldar is allowed in it, it could be a way to use some craftworld stuff in 'true' eldar army.

Merged topics here into the DE News & Rumour since most discussion will probably revolve around the Corsair aspect of this release. Gobsmakked.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 22:03

There is now an interview with the author of IA11, Talima Fox on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKCj38E8G-I&feature=youtu.be

Nothing substantive, as you may have guessed, but at 3:10 it shows some of the Corsair units available - Wasp walkers, jetbikes, Flacons and Venoms. And while it is rather blurry, it looks like a Falcon can now carry 10 models.

edit - And I can't really be sure, but the Venom looks like it says 45 points?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 08:26

It looks like the venom has a twin linked shuirken catapult and shuriken cannon, and no flicker field. Looked like it had option for scatter laser, eldar missile, or star cannon. The falcon looks like it carries 10 to me too, but it looks like the pts are higher.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 19:34

This from Fable on Warseer. Not many DE elements at all, basically Kabalite Warriors and Venoms.

Fable wrote:
The Corsair army is interesting with the option for most of the army to have Jet packs

HQ
Corsair Prince- lots of options, including nightfight, deep strike and orbital bombardment shinanigans
Corsair Blade Sworn Retinue- the Prince's best mates, nice CC unit
Corsair Void Dreamer- Psyker, can use either a destructive, defencive or LD enhancing power each turn

Elites
Voidstorm squad- Veteran CC unit, good source of melta bombs but fragile
Harlequin troupe- nothing new here
Eldar craftworld outcasts- single fast attack or elite unit taking from the Eldar codex
Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors

Troops
Corsair squad- can be given Falcon or Venom as a transport
Wasp assault squadron- cannot excede number of corsair squads in the army
Jetbike squadron- scouts and can give leader a powersword/ fusion pistol

Fast Attack
Hornet Squadron
Nightwing interceptor
Night Spinner

Heavy support

Phoenix Bomber
Warp Hunter
Fire Storm

And according to Fraggle, both the Nightwing and the Phoenix have Aerial Assault.

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 09:01

I wonder if they finally let the harlequins take a venom, or if they cut and pasted again.
List has less dark eldar then I hoped, to bad they didn't have a "select one from this slot in dark eldar codex" like they do for craftworld.

Still should be nice change of pace to paint, and compliment my dark eldar in apoc and 2 force chart games.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 20:32

The original poster said nothing new re: the Harlies, so I am taking that as a no, sadly. Even though the jump-pack Corsairs themselves can get a transport.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 19:23

Mine came in the post today but alas it is a Xmas present so won't be opening it until the 25th, really looking forward to having a good read.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 16:41

Found some posts on other sites about the corsairs. The Harlequinns apparently are identical, except they can take a venom. Very Happy The basic corsairs don't come with jump packs, its an upgrade option. The voidstorm was described as storm guardians with jetpacks.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 08:35

They can take a Venom? Woot! So maybe we will get a FAQ to that effect sometime after the Eldar update in 2012.

Jump packs are an upgrade option for Corsairs? I always assumed that they were base/standard, because they are integral to the FW conversion kits.

I really have to get this book too. After we pay off our new fence and dishwasher. Grrr!

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 09:43

Maybe we will be really lucky, and the fw corsair entry will give option to dark eldar and craftworld eldar.

What I have found so far says the voidstorm has jet packs standard, and the hq & corsair squads have it as option. I saw a post correcting someone calling them jump packs, apparently they are the 6"move, shoot, 6" move relentless type.

The nightwing and pheonix can be taken in regular eldar armies according to fw facebook. The void dragon and normal phenoix entry is combined. So, since the we could take the void dragon before, we may be able to take the new pheonix, now 2/3pts with 6 weapon loadout combos I hear. I have fingers crossed about nightwing being dark/corsair/craftworld usable, not likely, but a 3 razorwing and 3 nightwing list would look sweet.

My copy should be here tomorrow according to the UPS site's calculator.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 12:02

Saw the book last week, it turned up at my mates two days after it went live on the FW site ?!

Anyway I had my wicked way with it for a couple of hours and it's a fantastic book, wont be doing a corsair army meself but look forward to seeing it.

There is some lovely stuff in there, I'll do a full review on the blog at some point, but it is worth getting if you like Eldar and can afford it, I just struggle to thrown down £40.00 for any book Surprised/

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 16:21

Sorrowshard wrote:
Anyway I had my wicked way with it for a couple of hours
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 22:52

Avast ye, or something like that.

I now have the book so if anyone wants a particular rule clarified then please do ask.

The nice thing is everything is BS 4 and I love the reintroduction of the Gyrinx, game terms it's a 5pt reroll for anything.

Very tempted to start a Corsair army but will wait until the 6th edition Eldar codex I think.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
hellios
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 08:34

I would be interested in knowing if anything stands out... With 20,000pts of CWE and a DE army on the go... and Harlequins in both... pirates must join them at some point for the big APOC games Very Happy

Must wait... 7 Months before I get my copy >.< new Eldar codex might be nearly done by then Razz
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 04:47

Curious that nowhere amongst the copious artwork in this book is an image of a Venom, even though it has it's own entry in the Corsair section. The armament listed for it is all CWE, so I wonder if that's not a good indication that the Craftworlders will be getting their own, distinct version of it when they finally get an update?

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 06:55

Hopefully they will, and hopefully the harlequins will be FAQed to have it also.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 17:51

I think that's a given, probably a combined Venom Vyper kit, hence why the CWE version has a twin shuriken catapult instead of the second splinter cannon/splinter rifles.

Last edited by SirTainly on Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 18:15

SirTainly wrote:
I think that's a given, probably a combined Venom Vyper kit, hence why the CWE version has a twin shuriken catapult instead of the second splinter canon/splinter rifles.
Good call! I truly hope that you are right. CWE could use a transport that comes in at under 1,000,000 pts Mad

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 19:03

Evil Space Elves wrote:
SirTainly wrote:
I think that's a given, probably a combined Venom Vyper kit, hence why the CWE version has a twin shuriken catapult instead of the second splinter canon/splinter rifles.
Good call! I truly hope that you are right. CWE could use a transport that comes in at under 1,000,000 pts Mad
But do have to remember that Wave Seprents are one of the best transports in the game for what it does. But not for its points Razz
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2012, 00:28

^No doubt^ It's not hard to have a Wave Serpent go over 125pts-the average cost a Venom spam Kabalite +blaster unit. Yikes. Bitching aside, they really are awesome transports. When I get back to playing my CWE I'll probably be shocked that I have transports alive at the end of games Razz

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: IA11 Doom of Mymeara updated FAQ released   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 18:04

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/IA11Q&A.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 18:37

I was wondering where those Rangers were in the list....I've gotta say-that Corsair list is AWESOME! Next project on my list for sure.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 19:01

Oddly - I'm mostly excited that they just made Bran Redmaw any good whatsoever with that update.

The Corsair list does look fun, if I ever get my Eldar painted up enough for Apoc I may combine them with some DE and Corsair stuff for true win on the battlefield.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 20:56

Merging with orginal IA11 thread.

I must say that this is very nice to see, I have always felt that Rangers make a lot of sense for a raiding party to have.

Maybe now I can find a use for Kabalite Ken and his varmint gun from the Great Kabalite Exchange Very Happy

Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 Kabaliteken

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13   Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara  - update FAQ'ed February 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial Armour 11 - The Doom of Mymeara - update FAQ'ed February 13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next