THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Recent Game v Adeptus Mechanicus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

Recent Game v Adeptus Mechanicus Empty
PostSubject: Recent Game v Adeptus Mechanicus   Recent Game v Adeptus Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2024, 12:11

I haven't posted on here for a while but thought I'd just leave a few musings on a recent game I played.

Firstly I'm a casual club gamer who only really plays Drukhari with the very occasional game with Craftworld or Quinns. I don't play tournaments. My opponent mainly plays Orks but has recently started to develop a Adeptus Mechanicus force. He plays and occasionally wins competitive competitions.

So 1000 points ( as I said his force was in the building, trial stage) game. Not too heavy on objectives etc , a friendly test game.

He basically ran a couple of small mounted units,  3 small units of Ironstrider Ballist plus several units of infantry. He used the Skitarii Hunter Cohort Detachment and The Protector Imperative. So Stealth and Cover to everything, all ranged weapons are HEAVY, plus it improves Ballistic Skill of all ranged weapons by 1. Battleline units (or units with this ability within 6” of Adeptus Mechanicus Battleline units) minus one to hit in melee.

I ran a Beast pack, Court and Archon, Full Incubi unit and Archon plus a unit of Warriors split into a unit with the court and a foot unit. Two raiders, two Ravagers plus Venom completed my force

So his 48" range lascannons were basically hitting on 2's most of the time. I was hitting back on all my shooting on 4's!  His Ironstrider's also have a better 5++  invun.

To say I struggled would be an understatement 🙂 . Outshot, outmanoeuvred etc etc. Having looked back on the game I'm not sure what I could have done differently but as I say he is a very savey player ( as well as being a good sport).

So if you come up against a similar force in the future BE PREPARED! 🙂
Back to top Go down

Recent Game v Adeptus Mechanicus
Page 1 of 1