THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hexrifles and Kabalites

Go down 
+4
Local_Ork
Archeonlotet
Thor665
Father Dagon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

Hexrifles and Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 19:06

I feel like I might have come across an interesting idea, but, keep in mind, I'm a new player, so this might violate some rules.

Let's take the following unit.

6 (or any legal number) Kabalite Warriors

Joined by...

Haemonculus with Hexrifle.

They can be in or out of a Raider. I would think that it would be better if they were so embarked.

Anyway, let's have these guys fire upon a unit. First, the warriors fire, putting a few wounds in there.
Next, the Haemonculus fires. The weapon hits and wounds, and, if it hits a multiwound model, forces the wounds test, and gives a good chance of sending the poor sap to Hell.
Now we have a pinning test. If the pinning test is successful, that is a threat neutralized for a whole turn afterward, and is fully capable of being pumped full of splinter fire next time.

I fully intend to try this in my next game, regardless of what is said here. (I recently played my first game with my Dark Eldar against some Ultramarines and won! The other guy was just as inexperienced as me, and we all know that luck is a huge component in this game, but it was very fun!) Experimentation is the key to discovery (I think...), and I will gladly share with my fellow archons as to how it goes over.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 19:27

I'm not really sure what the angle of discovery is here. What is this unit doing with 6 Warriors that a lone Haem w. Hex Rifle couldn't accomplish? It feels like your end goal is to pin - but all you need to pin is the Hexrifle, whether he's joined to Warriors or Trueborn, or Wracks, or sitting by himself he can still pin a unit.

What am I missing here?

Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 19:36

This tactic is reliant on a lot of "ifs". The hammy has to hit, has to wound and the target has to fail it's save and their pinning check. I'm not the biggest fan of the hexrifle.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 19:38

Same here. If they could be taken instead of Liquifiers for wracks, then maybe.
Sadly, GW is unable to make good sniper units. Yes, even Deathmarks are medicore at best.
Back to top Go down
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 19:40

My overall goal is kinda a mixture of killing and pinning (I'm a fan of killing, actually). The killing will possibly inflict a -1 leadership modifier. But I do see your point now.

Still going to try it, though. I could argue that the whole game is based on a lot of "ifs."

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 22:42

I'd at least maybe team them up with a s.cannon - there will be a lot of time you'll want to take advantage of the range of the hexrifle and if the Warriors/Trueborn had S.cannon(s) they'd be operating more in the Haem's range.

I will note, the Hexrifle is a pretty gawdawful piece of wargear though. It's not even good at what it's supposed to be good at. Give it a whirl, but try to stay mellow about your expected results.

Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 07:25

The game is indeed based on a lot of "ifs". Minimizing your "ifs" will make for a more effective army list.
Back to top Go down
Guidebot
Hellion
Guidebot

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 09:45

Three truborn, two splinter cannons, Haem w/ hexrifle, venom w/ 2 scannons + NS.

Probably going to be better at this?

Even so, not the most effective place for the heam, but at least you can hang back at long range with nightshields and pepper people.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 12:10

The hexrifel is another fantastic concept with crap rules, it makes me sad, using it will make you sad, don't use it No

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 12:54

Hhexrifle is weapon made for 6th edition and its change in sniper rules , before it dont even bother.

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 15:10

Any idea of the rumored change for sniper rifles?

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 16:31

You can snipe not covered, not shielded units and chose the model when doing so.Every third wound starting from first can be allocated that way.
I.E. hexrifle can target specifically IC , upgrade chars , special weapons wielders.

Guidebot
Hellion
Guidebot

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 19:51

Azdrubael wrote:
You can snipe not covered, not shielded units and chose the model when doing so.Every third wound starting from first can be allocated that way.
I.E. hexrifle can target specifically IC , upgrade chars , special weapons wielders.

Off topic I know, but do you mean every third wound from any shooting attacks or every third wound from sniping attacks?

If it's the first, then I'm officially excited. Hidden powerfists suddenly become powerfists and my tyranids suddenly become happy.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 08:41

From sniper.Every 5th from shooting.

Guidebot
Hellion
Guidebot

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 08:50

Azdrubael wrote:
From sniper.Every 5th from shooting.

And melee?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 10:06

IC can snipe judging by rumors.But i dont really sure about that.There is also protection against such tactics.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 10:22

The hexrifle is crap, even these rumoured changes would not make me willing to use it.

Great concept, lame rules

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifles and Kabalites   Hexrifles and Kabalites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hexrifles and Kabalites
Page 1 of 1