THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Information Database

Go down 
+3
Aroshamash
Todo13
Torpedo Vegas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Eldar Information Database Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 00:14

This is by no means and all encompassing time line, but I wanted to make a brief account of the important events that lead to the current setting in regard to the Eldar and more importantly, the Dark Eldar. The rest after this paragraph is written from the perspective of a Dark Eldar storyteller, so some things may be a bit skewed. Sources: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Necorn/ Gav Thorpe's Harlequin Codex, 2e, 3e, 4e, 5e. 40k BRB, Path of the Warrior, Dark Eldar Desginer's Round Table.

If anyone has anymore information please contact me, and I'll add it here.

Any information on the Dark Muses would be appreciated, as would any Eldar or Dark Eldar related events not on the time line ATM.

Gather round, young and old, and listen to the tragedy of the Eldar

The Birth of the Eldar
In the first days, Asuryan granted the Eldar the gift of life. But there where other things to accompany us, no flocks of prey-birds flew, or razor-fish swam among us. We were at a lose at the barrenness of our world. Seeing our horror, Isha wept a single tear which fell to the ground, and from there sprang life.

As Asuryan gave us Life, so did Isha give us Hope, so that we would know our mastery over those lesser than us. Moria-Heg gave us Forsight, that we could plan our ascendancy. Lileath gave us Joy, so that we could know the pleasures available to us from those beneath us. Vaul gave use Artifice, so we could create the tools needed to make our will reality. And Khaine gave us Hatred, so we could claim what was ours, and destroy that which we did not want.

Eldanesh, lord of the Eldar faced the armies of the Hresh-selain, and though he was the greatest warrior of the Eldar, the Hresh-selain where many. He turned to Ulthanesh, second greatest warrior of the eldar and asked for aid. Together they slew the Hresh-selain.

In time the wishes of Ulthanesh grew different than those of Eldanesh, and he was cast out into the desert. Khaine saw this, and, cutting off a single iron finger, sent it to to the ground, where it turned into a scorpion, and stung Ulthanesh. For a week Ulthanesh struggled against the poison, and overcame it. He learned that he need not depend upon Eldanesh, and so the House of Ulthanesh was born.

Before the war in heaven, Asuryan asked Moria-Heg to divine the fate of the gods, but it was clouded. It would be we who would determine their fates.

Khaine promised Eldanesh a future of conquest and victory, if he would only swear fealty to him. Eldanesh refused, and, in a fury, Khaine slew Eldanesh, and the War in Heaven began.

The War in Heaven

Khain unleashed untold evils upon the Eldar. Ulthanesh refused to enter the conflict, claiming Khaine's quarrel was with the House of Eldanesh, but Khaine's wrath was not limited, and in Khaine's thrall, the followers of Eldanesh fell onto the Houes of Ulthanesh. Ulthanesh took up his spear, but not to battle Eldanesh. Instead, he allied himself with his former friend. But the Houses where in such love of war that Khaine held them in his thrall, and the slew any in their path, and the War God was pleased.

Khaine slew many Eldar warriors. Isha, in her love, went to Asuryan and begged him to intervene. Also worried for the fate of the Eldar, Asuryan demanded of Isha a lock of her hair. The tress of Isha was bound into the hair of Eldanesh, so he and all his descendants would be healed by Isha's love.

Khaine trapped Mother Isha and Khurous the Hunter in his dungeons, but the forge god Vaul secured thier release by forging 100 swords in exchange for thier freedom. However, when the time came to exchange the prisoners for the blades, Vaul had only forged ninety-nine. He gave Khaine a mortal blade, and through this deceived the War God for long enough to allow Isha and Khurous to escape.

Khaine's fury was terrible to behold, and there are many accounts of the battle fought between the Gods and Demi-Gods, the Yngir. Alliances where made and broken.

Vaul reforged the final blade, Anaris, and made to do battle with the War God. Though he did Khaine terrible harm, the War God's martial prowess overwhelmed the Forge God, and Khaine's strength caused Vaul to topple from Heaven. Khaine chained the crippled Forge God to his anvil with his own iron chains, and so the War in Heaven was won by the War God.

The Eldar Ascendant and the Fall

We held the galaxy in our grasp. Suns where quenched and worlds transformed by our whim. Through our science we where friend of the restraints of caring for our society, all work was done by constructs or slaves. We were left to enjoy life and all it had to offer. But no one, not even we, can reach such heights and fall to such depths freely. In the warp, a horror was brewing.

Worhsip of the Old Pantheon waned, and our gods where weakened, as our decadence and hedonism grew. Some saw what we had become, and fled. They are now known as the Exodites, who left the heart of our empire for the very edge of the galaxy, living simply on verdant Maiden Worlds. Commorragh was established as a trade hub and an escape for the most decadent and hedonistic Eldar. Nearing the time of the Fall, the Craftworlds were built and set sail.

But it was not enough. In a single instant, She Who Thirsts was born, ripping a whole in space itself, and
the Her psychic scream tore through our minds, killing billions.

Our gods, weakened by neglect, where no match for Her. Asuryan was slain, Vaul killed. Khaine, the strongest and most warlike, entered into a great battle with She Who Thirsts, but even He was not strong enough, as was defeated. She Who Thirsts and the Lord of Skulls battled over Khaine's remains, all the while Cegorach, laughing at our folly, slipped into the Webway. Khaine crumbled before he was devoured, and his pieces fell into the Wraithbone hearts of the Craftworlds, where they smolder still. Some say that, before being devoured by She Who Thirsts, Isha cried out for aid, and Nurgleth, the Plague Father, the Great Unclean One, rescued her from She Who Thirst's maw, trapping her in a rusted cage near his cauldron.

Time Line:

Approx 60 million BC, the War in Heaven (Old Ones vs Necrontyr begins)
Approx 30 million BC, War in Heaven Ends, from here through
18,000 , The Eldar Empire thrives

18,000 , Commorragh is established. the Twilight Cults are established.

19,000-24,000, The worship of the Murdered Pantheon wanes

30,000- The Exodites leave the heart of the Eldar Empire on great ships

31,000- The Fall

31,000-32,000-Commorragh grows as the True Kin begin spreading through the Webway, first Noble Houses founded

32,000-Supreme Overlord Vect is becomes known, first Kabal established

35,000-the War of the Sun and Moon

35,745-The Chaos-pirates of the Thaxar Rift are wiped out by an Imperial Battlefleet, which is in turn wiped out by the the Severed.

35,000-36,000-Vect toples the Noble Houses and the modern system of Kabals is established
If anyone wants to add something to the timeline, or has found another bit of information on the ancient Eldar, PM me or post it here and I'll update this post with the relevant information.

37,000-Vect slowly connects the outer-laying regions of Commorragh together. The Dark City grows as its sub realms are brought under Vect's iron grip.

The Murdered Pantheon

Isha, Mother Isha, Goddess of the Harvest

Kurnous, Father Kurnous the Hunter, God of the Hunt

Asuryan, The Phoenix King, Lord of the Eldar Gods

Lileath, the Maiden, Goddess of Dreams

Vaul, the Artificer, The Smith, God of the Forge

Moria-Heg, the Blind Crone, Goddess of Fate

Those that remain

Khaine, the Bloody-Handed, the War God

Cegorach, the Great Harlequin, the Laughing God, The Trickster

The Dark Muses

Shaimesh, Brother of the Cosmic Serpent, the Lord of Poisons

Lhilitu, the Consort of the Void

Vileth, the Arrogant One

Hekatii, the Red Crone

Qa'leh, Mistress of Blades

Steel Fang, Mistress of the denied blade

Last edited by Torpedo Vegas on Thu Jun 09 2011, 19:22; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 09:13

awesome timeline! Thanks this will be useful when writing fluff, where di you find the dates?
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 11:51

My only critique is that I assume that the noble Houses are the ones from the Ancient Eldar Empire, so they'd have been established before Commorragh was. Other than that, it seems awesome.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 15:59

Todo13 wrote:
awesome timeline! Thanks this will be useful when writing fluff, where di you find the dates?

The War in Heaven dates are my guesses based on the necron and Eldar codices, the rest is from the Eldar codices.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 10:43

I'm to intoxicated to stare at a wall of text... What a Face I'll save this for later.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:16

Awesome work. I expect the War in Heaven to be retconned a lot with the upcoming Codex: Necrons.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 15:36

I'm struggling to write up a summary of the War in Heaven. Is near impossible to separate what's allegory with What happened.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:36

I like what you've done so far. I'd honestly write it like a harelquin telling a story to a dark eldar youngling. I think it has a good feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:43

If only I could convey dance into words.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:49

I'd just try to approach it from a storyteller prospective. Something akin to how the Native Americans tell their tribal tales.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 04:52

I may end up re working it in that way after I've compiled enough information.

Back to top Go down
Tivarox
Slave
Tivarox

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 02:43

This is awesome.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 19:21

Where did you found all dark muses, its in DE dex?

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 19:25

Page 43 of Codex: Dark Eldar, and Page 42 of White Dwarf 374

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 08:09

I found a bit of background that says Isha survived (myth told on one craftworld, so maybe, maybe not true) in the daemons codex(p82). In that version she is "rescued" by Nurgle and kept in a cage to tests new plagues on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Information Database   Eldar Information Database I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Information Database
Page 1 of 1