THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Black Halo 2012

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 14:26

so with the end or beginning of the tournament season, I can never keep up with it, I am wanting to change up a few things with my standard list.

Its a slight twist from my more typical list I ran all of last year.

Here is what I am thinking for right now.

Succubus w/ agonizer and haywire

2 haemi w/ liquifier guns

trueborn(x4) with 4 blasters
venom w/ dual splinter cannon and nightshields

warriors(x5) w/ 1 blaster

Wyches (x8) w/ haywire grenades
hekatrix w/agonizer
Raider w/ Flickerfield

hekatrix w/agonizer
Raider w/ Flickerfield

hekatrix w/agonizer
Raider w/ Flickerfield

2 ravagers w/FF

1 Razorwing jet fighter
Splinter cannon, dual disentigrators, FF & NS.

SO they changes are:

drop 2 unit of scourges with haywire blasters
Drop unit of wracks in venom
one less ravager

added a third unit of wyches in raider
and the razorwing jet fighter

Points don't seem to add up right but it is what it is.

Typically I run my wyches as tank hunters first, tarpits second. They do a great job of cracking open transports and getting to the soft juicy parts inside.

The warriors seem to spend most of their time hiding out camping on objectives. Every now and again they do something, but for the most part they are kind of non-factors other than claiming objectives. I think they would be much better against orks and nids, but over the lasyt year I have only faced orks once and nids not at all. I have faced a lot of Blood Angel FNP spam.

The ravagers have done well, but I think I would like to give the jet fighter a go and see how it does. I gave it dises because I am wanting to not dual purpose, so I opted to go anti infantry, which I will need once I open up transports or in the later turns of the game. I can reserve this to keep it from being shot off the board before it does anything.

I lose some deep striking, gain a tank hunting unit and add a jet fighter with its larger blasts missles, which can be pretty handy for most games in the later turns.

Thoughts?

Black Halo 2012 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 15:20

i like it. might personally lose the succubus for a 3rd haemie and ns on the wych raiders but either way i think it will play just fine.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 16:32

+1 to Baron, although I will admit she turns her squad into more of a anti-infantry force than a tarpit, but she also goes against your whole "tank hunt, tarpit second" idea, as she would want to get stuck in with infantry to make her points back.

Also I dont think you need the dissies with the succubus and crew running around, but give it a try and see. personally I would switch those back to DL though

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 20:01

This is almost EXACTLY the list that I am working on right now! I'm in the "buying all of the transports that I need to make it work" stage, but am trying to gear my painting projects towards this goal. Let me know how it does in games if you get a chance to playtest it. I'm sure that it will perform very solidly. I see the reasoning behind the dissies on the Razorwing, but I'm not sure that I can ever turn down a coupe of more DL's...

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 22:26

Don't get me wrong about the dissies. Its just something to try out in the context of the whole army.

My wyches have proven to be my best tank hunters, and they dual purpose really well. However, I feel they can't be the only threat. Warriors with blasters forces the "target priority" issues there is always an apparent threat.

The razorwing is mostly for fun, try and shake up the 3 ravager heavy choices which is common to most competitive builds, and for good reason.

One thing that got me thinking this way is playing against some leaf blower lists. The parking lot is fairly resilient to the ravagers, but wyches just OWN armor that is not moving, I did well with 14 wyches last time around, so I am hopeful that 24 or so wyches will e about right and give me the edge against heavy non moving mech.

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 20:46

So let me change this up a little bit more.

Might work, might not.

Succubus w/ agonizer and haywire

3 haemi w/ liquifier guns

5 incubi

warriors(x5)

warriors(x5)

hekatrix w/agonizer
Raider w/ Flickerfield

hekatrix w/agonizer
Raider w/ Flickerfield

hekatrix w/agonizer
Raider w/ Flickerfield

3 ravagers w/FF

More killy close combat with the 5 incubi. Statictically, they should kill one marine each, 6 or 7 on the charge. I have them mostly to deal with other assault units and units with FNP, ike those @#$& Blood angels, which I know I will be facing.

Leaves my wyches a little more free to go tank hunting.

I lose some warriors, but still have 2 to claim objectives and stay out of short to mid range fire.

Wyches will in your face, incubi will supplement wyches, no grenades means no running off on your own unless target unit is in the open.

I am a little concerned I may be going to CC heavy and not balanced, but I have 5 venoms, 3 raiders and 3 ravagers. I think it is balanced, but would like your thoughts.

thanks

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Halo 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Halo 2012   Black Halo 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Halo 2012
Page 1 of 1