THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rise of a new Archon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starstrider
Kabalite Warrior
Starstrider

Rise of a new Archon Empty
PostSubject: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 13:22

Greetings fellow denizens of Commorragh! pirat

I first stepped into the Games Workshop hobby a few years ago, starting off in LotR SBG. I am more than a painter than a gamer but enjoy both aspects of the hobby a great deal and find great joy in taking to battle with my lovingly painted models. For several months that was all I played although I did notice how few LotR players there were compared to 40k, which was by far the most popular game at my local store. So, I decided to make a move into the universe of the 41st millenium. Straight away I knew I wanted to collect a xenos army and both Eldar and Dark Eldar really appealed to me. In the end, I went for that which, at the time, had the nicest models and newest Codex: the Eldar.

And so, for about a year I frequently challenged opponents with my Alaitoc force, as usual horribly losing my first games but then quickly getting the hang of a hybrid Eldar force. Then came my first Games Day at the same time the Dark Eldar were updated at last and I fell in love with the Codex, the models, the fluff, the playstyle, everything.

Over the last year and a half or so, I have gradually built up my Kabal of the Black Heart, largely focussing on Kabalites although a squad or two of Wyches from the Cult of Strife are regular inclusions. Thankfully the hard lessons learnt with the Eldar enabled me to have many successes with the dark kin. Cool

Now, upon my search for advice on how to adapt to 6th edition I have stumbled across this forum. I hope that I can both receive and give advice to the community here and enable us to continue to raid the lesser races in this new edition of 40k. Twisted Evil Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing you on the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 15:28

welcome to the Dark City!!! Hope you enjoy your stay!!!

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Starstrider
Kabalite Warrior
Starstrider

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 18:33

Thanks for the welcome Shadows! I'm sure I will... I 'm sure I will... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 18:53

Glad to see that you found us Starstrider, we always welcome fresh sources of blood advice!

It certainly sounds like you are already off to a solid start with The True Kin, and there is always plenty of further inspiration to be found here.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Starstrider
Kabalite Warrior
Starstrider

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 19:26

Laughing Haha! Thank you Gobsmakked, I was a bit of a terror to the lesser races at my local store in 5th ed but whether that shall continue into 6th ed... we shall see. I hope I can learn a great deal from my fellow Archons here to continue to bring terror and strife to realspace. Fingers crossed for more misery and destruction, The Dark City hungers! I think a new edition is very interesting as it puts everyone back down to a, relatively, level pegging and causes many shifts in gameplay. Exciting times indeed!

Thanks, I will be sure to put some pics of my models up in the gallery once I've gotten some more painted and photos taken.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 18:20

Welcome to the Dark City, home of pain and the suffering of the masses.

Rise of a new Archon YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Starstrider
Kabalite Warrior
Starstrider

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 18:53

I appreciate the welcome to this... intriguing, city Cavash. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of a new Archon   Rise of a new Archon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of a new Archon
Page 1 of 1