THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep Striking Vehicles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

Deep Striking Vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Deep Striking Vehicles   Deep Striking Vehicles I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 23:24

I've been flirting with the idea of doing something with sliscus and the skyshield landing pad; the fact it offers a 4+ invuln makes the backlash from coming in piecemeal(which isn't quite so small of pieces now) a lot less painful. That coupled with it's size guarantee's you will never be wanting for something to hide behind(which is great for those time's where not a lot of terrain is available). Tell me your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Vehicles   Deep Striking Vehicles I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2012, 09:42

The problem with that is that it lets your opponent know where your vehicles are going to land, which kind of defeats the purpose of deep striking. Unless you fake them out and arrive somewhere else entirely? Anyway, if they decide to aim lots of weapons at the landing pad, 4++ isn't going to help. It will soon be a platform covered with wrecks that you can't land on.

I don't think we're the army to hold a fort. Our biggest asset is our ability to be where our opponents don't expect us to be. Our weapons are surprise, speed, and cool dance outfits : )
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Vehicles   Deep Striking Vehicles I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2012, 12:31

The skyshield is useful with shield up for static units to provide long range firepower. DE don't really have any of that unless you want to unload your trueborn on it. The other alternative is to make sure your deep striking units don't scatter. IIRC though fortifications have to be placed in your own deployment zone, so unless you're banking on your enemy getting into your deployment area before scourges/hellions etc arrive to my mind you're just as well off deploying them from your own table edge.

Didn't stop me buying a skyshield though to either use as an objective or for my marines/tau etc.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Vehicles   Deep Striking Vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 21:12

Well , deepstriking vehicles is certainly better idea now.
As disembark now 6" from vehicle, that allow for some shotting tactics.Like smart placing of templates or using some really nasty short range weapons like Dark Gate.

Correct me if im wrong, if t take for example 3 Razorwings do they count as units that must start game in reserve, and therefore not lowering my overall count of units i can send in deepstrike?

Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Vehicles   Deep Striking Vehicles I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 05:14

Azdrubael wrote:

Correct me if im wrong, if t take for example 3 Razorwings do they count as units that must start game in reserve, and therefore not lowering my overall count of units i can send in deepstrike?

yup they sure dont
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Striking Vehicles   Deep Striking Vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Striking Vehicles
Page 1 of 1