THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 point list (first list C&C needed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xandruh
Slave

1000 point list (first list C&C needed) Empty
PostSubject: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2012, 18:02

Hey I have started playing 40k again now that 6ed has come out and relearning all the new rules from 6th ed most of the matches i play are friendly with a group of friends (Nids, Marines, Chaos and Necron) we all play 1k point list. When i was browsing i found this place and was thought this would be the best place to ask about DE!!

So i have just gone out and brought the new hallon models because they are amazing models!! and want them in this army but I would like some C&C on the overall army list anything can be replaced as i am trying to update to the newer models except for the hallons.

Anyway here the list

HQ

Baron Sathonyx XXXpoints

*Please do not post exact costs for special characters for copyright issues - Kwi

Succubus 85points
Haywire Grenades, Power Weapon

Troops

Wyches 228points
x9, Razorflails, Haywire Grendaes, Hekatrix with PGL and Agoniser
with Raider with NS
Hellions 169points
x9, Heliarch with Agoniser

Fast Attack
Scourges 130points
x5, Heywire Blasterx2

Heavy Support
Razorwing Jetfighter 165points
2x Monoscythe Missile 2x Necrotoxin Missile, NS
Ravager 115
3 Disintegrator Cannons, NS

Total:997points

Question if it says power weapon does that mean we can say anytype of power weapon or is it just count as a power sword?

Anyway would love some feed back and advice on this list Smile
Thanks again Smile
Back to top Go down
Mnemonic
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2012, 19:29

Any type of normal power weapon. But at 1000 point are you facing more 2+ saves than that ravager can handle? If you don't need an axe I would swap that out to an agoniser or other unique power weapon.

On the hellions: what are you using them for? If they are for shooting the agoniser is a waste. And even if you are assaulting: are you sure you won't Miss the stunclaw?
Back to top Go down
Xandruh
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 02:47

I normaly see a group of 5 terminators or there HQ/MC has a +2 save so i was thinking that that one ranvager should be enough.

On the hellions they where going to be used for both assult and shooting(what ever is needed at the time) I havn't used the stunclaw before, I choose the agoniser for the ap 3 and the aways wound on a 4+ On a few games nexdt week i will test out the stunclaw Smile
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 07:00

That 1 Ravager should be good for killing 1-3 Termines not in cover.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 04:48

Well Xandruh, welcome to the dark kin and may your coffers be always soulful.

The choices you made in the list are quite solid, and each of the individual choices are fairly popular configurations. My apologies if the comments are a little long-winded, I'm just looking to explain one of my basic tenets when playing with DE (and I'm sure some will agree, so if this advice doesn't work for you, ignore me!)

My only question to you is whether or not you have more/other models in your collection to work with?

I ask because, even for 1,000 points of Dark Eldar, the list feels quite small. My usual goal is to drop 45+ wounds in 1,000 points, with 35 models at the absolute least (counting vehicles as one wound, as a single solid AT shot can drop them--- also, force of habit really).

You're looking at 29 models and 32 wounds. Another part of the problem is that the choices that are in your list, are actually quite fragile. (the 5 scourges for example, and even the 10 hellions).

DE are a glass cannon as it is, and this list is even more so. You're essentially looking at 5 combined units to start with, and your opponent will unlikely suffer from target saturation.

Also, you have a lot of upgrades. 160 points worth to be exact. Now, a great number of these are necessary (like the haywire blasters on the scourges), and I strongly recommend character upgrades on units that will be carrying ICs (hellions and wyches). What you really have to ask yourself is if the upgrades are worth it.

For example, HG on the wyches? Almost always. PGL? Honestly, the only point at which it is worth it is if you are assaulting an enemy unit, and you are 8" or less away, and starting your move in cover, in order to protect you from overwatch.

The succubus with a full wych squad? You're running the danger of obliterating the squad you're charging, and getting exposed to shooting that first turn.

*If* you have the models for it, I would think about dropping the succubus and a few wyches (3?), the razorflails, the PGL, maybe some of the night shields, and the necrotoxin missiles (honestly, monoscythes are so good at AI, and you have enough poison to handle MCs...). That at least is 165 points. Enough for a squad of reavers, a talos, second ravager, mandrakes, talos and BM squad, or grotesques on a raider with the succubus (amazing with the new wound allocation rules IMO), reverting to 10 standard hellions-- could even switch out scourges for reavers with heat lances, and you'll have a more points efficient squad thats just as good at AT and capable of doing more damage elsewhere as well as the versatility of 4 attacks on the charge.

Anyway you slice it, I'd give it a second look and ask myself:
(1) does this upgrade/choice really further the purpose for which I chose this unit?
(2) is this really a points effective choice?
(3) what is the cost in terms of other bodies? i.e. a PGL and razorflails is 20 points, that's almost another scourge, more than another hellion, 2/5 of the way to a second wych squad.

So there it is! Take it, leave it, I hope it helps. If you don't have other models at this point, I hope this helps in the future.

Best of luck and happy harvesting.
Back to top Go down
Xandruh
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 09:02

Hey roc, first off thanks for the Indeepth reply Smile it gave me much to think about. To answer your question models are not a problem . Now would it be better to get a squad of warriors on a radier with splinter racks or just go for a ravenger? Or another group of 10 standard hellions for just shooting. I like the idea of removing the succubus and I will remove the pgl and the agonisrr from the witches and add a venom blade also remove the missile upgrades and NS from the razorwing. I will prob add a wytch to make it a squad of 10.

I will edit my army list when I'm next home. Just wanted to ask what would be better as I normally don't use warriors Smile
Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 01:22

I like the instinct to add another scoring unit. I would go with that. Plus the warrior's give you shooting flexibility that the hellions don't, and they'll add another 2 dark matter shots.

Between the wyches, the raider, the ravager, and scourges, you already have 4 possible anti-tank units, and the warriors will add another (i might consider swapping the dissies back for three DLs, but try it with the dissies first for a few games and see if you like it).

Also, another ravager is great, especially at 1,000 points, but you really need some additional bodies and targets (warriors will give you 11 models and two targets, vs. one model/one target for the ravager).

They're the way to go in this list I think.

Though I will admit that I really dislike 9 man hellion squads with sathonyx. The more models he can spread his bonuses to the better, and 9 likely won't be as effective as you hope. I would try to find room for another three. Also, since you're dropping both the agoniser and succubus, I'm not sure the hekatrix is worth all that much. She's there to either (a) accept challenges and protect an IC or (b) issue challenges and scare someone off. She's not scary enough to scare anyone, and you no longer have anyone to protect (unless you are thinking you might attach sathonyx to the wyches after they disembark every now and again).

If you're not interested in the flexibility of adding the baron to your wyches, i might drop the 'trix completely, and pare the squad down to 8 wyches.

If you do that, maybe shave off a few more NS, you've freed up at least enough points for a standard-issue versatile warrior squad (10, raider, blaster, SC), and you might be able to find a way to add in just one more hellion (though I'm doing the calculations by memory, so i may be off 20 points or so).

Let us know how it shapes up!

p.s. do the math on the splinter racks. because they don't extend to cannons, not sure they're really worth it. (but I'm skeptical and like to give my warriors the versatility of a blaster-- both for AT and anti-meq, I'm sure you can find people who are much bigger fans of it than I am)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (first list C&C needed)   1000 point list (first list C&C needed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 point list (first list C&C needed)
Page 1 of 1