THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Empty
PostSubject: New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite   New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 20:36

These arrived on the FW site today, having been previewed recently in Spain. Price is £36.00 for three. Supposedly one of 3-4 new kits in line for Necrons (meshing with IA12?), with a super-heavy being included at some point.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/NECRON_CANOPTEK_ACANTHRITES.html

Their stats and weapons are not overwhelming, but would be interesting nonetheless. I might be inclined to kitbash some for considerably less $$$.

Forge World wrote:
Resembling monstrous, artificial insects enfolded in shadowed wings of tenebrous force that propel them through the skies, Canoptek Acanthrites are murderous Necron constructs created for a single purpose – the destruction of those who have dared to claim the worlds of the ancient Necron empire as their own. Their agile, coiling tails are tipped with hyper-phased voidblades and they are armed with high-powered thermal cutting beams, and this potent armament allows them to carve and dissemble solid matter with horrifying speed. Unsurprisingly, when these devastating weapons are turned upon frail flesh the results are terrible to behold.

Canoptek Acanthrites are often encountered in the vanguard of Necron assault spearheads and extermination campaigns, and their numbers vary from a mere handful to vast hosts of these abhorrent machine-locusts, capable of stripping a city down to rubble and slaughtering its inhabitants in a merciless tide of destruction.

Models designed by Will Hayes. You can download Experimental rules for these rapacious constructs now, and this set is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 31st August.

New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Achanthrites
New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Achanthrites8
New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Achanthrites1
New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Achanthrites4
New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Achanthrites3
New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite Achanthrites6

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite   New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 21:48

Oh, I would strongly disagree that their stats aren't overpowered! 45 points for T5, 3W, 3+ save JUMP INFANTRY with a S6 melta gun AND the void blade thingy? affraid Cool models though. Twisted Evil I just hope that I don't have to ever play against them.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite   New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 23:24

Me likey, Necrons are likely to be my next project, so I may be tempted...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite   New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 09:23

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Oh, I would strongly disagree that their stats aren't overpowered! 45 points for T5, 3W, 3+ save JUMP INFANTRY with a S6 melta gun AND the void blade thingy? affraid Cool models though. Twisted Evil I just hope that I don't have to ever play against them.

Wraiths are 10pts less, have a 3++ and ignore Difficult & Dangerous, have +2 Str and an extra attack, but have one less wound.

Both are Jump, and have Rending and Fearless. The Dragonflies also gain Stealth and have the Melta, +1 T and Entropic. But this melta is only Str6 and AP2, with a 12" range.

Don't get me wrong, these guys are very good and quite desirable, and I will definitely be making a few and using them at some point, but I don't think they are an OMG must-have unit. They will need that higher T and extra wound in order to be at all effective with their spiffy Cutting Beam.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite   New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 14:17

Gobsmakked wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:

Wraiths are 10pts less, have a 3++ and ignore Difficult & Dangerous, have +2 Str and an extra attack, but have one less wound.

Both are Jump, and have Rending and Fearless. The Dragonflies also gain Stealth and have the Melta, +1 T and Entropic. But this melta is only Str6 and AP2, with a 12" range.

Don't get me wrong, these guys are very good and quite desirable, and I will definitely be making a few and using them at some point, but I don't think they are an OMG must-have unit. They will need that higher T and extra wound in order to be at all effective with their spiffy Cutting Beam.

Did I mention that I hate Wraiths too? Razz Necrons make me grumpy.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite   New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FW release - Necron Canoptek Acanthrite
Page 1 of 1