THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!

Go down 
+11
thelordhellion
RocketRollRebel
Cavash
CaptainBalroga
Melkor
Crisis_Vyper
Orthien
Mushkilla
Shadows Revenge
Evil Space Elves
Lacks Embellishment
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacks Embellishment
In Exile

Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 19:49

Hi fellow archons

Hows everyone after being completely screwed by GW?
my head has been bleeding for over a month...!!!!
Any suggestions on how we can overcome this terrible situation we have found ourselves in..?
Band Aid..?
Who knows..!!!??

This post has been edited for Language infraction. Please read the rules before you post. -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

edit - Evil or Very Mad
i bet shakespeare was never modded...!!

Double Post Merged - Baron T
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 20:10

Lacks Embellishment wrote:
Evil or Very Mad
You're not Shakespeare. Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Lacks Embellishment
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 20:17

tis not young squire>>!! santa
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:07

personally I have had no problem with this edition. HPs arent a big deal, as our paper airplanes already got blown out of the sky before, now atleast they do it without killing our troops Razz Also makes S8 spam awesome

Assault isnt that bad either, if you use other units to tie things up before hand (wracks, grots, harlies) then charge in with wyches.

Challenges are nice to pick out ICs and PF sargies so they dont do much damage

rapid fire changes make our gunboats and venomboats even better

nightfight changes make us king T1 with nightfight on

we save points on flickerfields now because of jink

AP2 means we play on the 5th ed vehicle damage chart, while everyone else plays on the new one

I see no problems here. Maybe if you are alittle more direct, I can help you

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:18

I have had a great experience in 6th ed so far and I'm running an assault/mobility army. Reavers have been fantastic, haywire/plasma grenades have been amazing and even wyches have performed well. I'm really enjoying this edition.

What is it in particular are you having trouble with?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:45

I have a feeling someone is just here to troll.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 01:18

Hi fellow archons

Any suggestions on how we can overcome this terrible situation we have found ourselves in..?
Band Aid..?
Who knows..!!!??

This post has been edited for Language infraction. Please read the rules before you post. -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

edit - Evil or Very Mad

For some reason, the reason unknown,
I feel like giving an advice in an unusual fashion.
So here's something I made, all on my own,
Hopefully this will help you answer your frustration.

A new edition is like a relit candle,
The new flame comes and the old flame perish.
A new experience is hard to handle,
But properly mastered, it can be taken with relish.

Exploit everything written in the tome,
Everything within is a saving grace.
Once the time of troubles come
Own them you will, on top of the race

Be afraid and hide in the shade,
Less everything turn to ash.
Be so fast that you fade,
Less you stay put and crash.

Be ready to bear the lances,
Crack the armoured shell.
Once they out taking their chances,
Cackle loudly and give them hell.

Poison in numbers is never an excess,
For it is a must to inflict pain.
Position yourself to create an access,
For it shall break them in twain.

These words heeded and you shall not sway,
And you shall be happy for the rest of the way.

lol!

Hellion
Melkor

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 01:50

*finger snaps*
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 05:37

Crisis_Vyper wrote:
lol!

Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! Shakespearepicture

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 13:34

Crisis Viper, you just won an Internet Medal. Like a Star @ heaven

That's great advice given in an awesome form, Lacks Embelishment, you could learn much from it.

Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
RocketRollRebel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 15:40

Bravo Crisis Viper! haha

Anyway I've been running a mixed lists with 12" moving dudes and vehicles and been having success in 6th. Granted about 50/50 (my regular opponent is very good and we have stupid close games constantly haha) but I've really been enjoying it and think I will get better with more practice.
Back to top Go down
thelordhellion
Hellion
thelordhellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 15:36

crisis viper, u just made ma day!

and 6th is all good

Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 08:00

Crisis_Vyper wrote:
Hi fellow archons

Band Aid..?
Who knows..!!!??

edit - Evil or Very Mad

For some reason, the reason unknown,
I feel like giving an advice in an unusual fashion.
So here's something I made, all on my own,
Hopefully this will help you answer your frustration.

A new edition is like a relit candle,
The new flame comes and the old flame perish.
A new experience is hard to handle,
But properly mastered, it can be taken with relish.

Exploit everything written in the tome,
Everything within is a saving grace.
Once the time of troubles come
Own them you will, on top of the race

Be afraid and hide in the shade,
Less everything turn to ash.
Be so fast that you fade,
Less you stay put and crash.

Be ready to bear the lances,
Crack the armoured shell.
Once they out taking their chances,
Cackle loudly and give them hell.

Poison in numbers is never an excess,
For it is a must to inflict pain.
Position yourself to create an access,
For it shall break them in twain.

These words heeded and you shall not sway,
And you shall be happy for the rest of the way.

lol!
That was beautiful Razz

Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 10:13

Hehe, great :-)

WFB has one thing above 40K, actually two:

- in WFB magic is a dangerous force, which is strange not to see in 40K, considering the warp is a very unstable thing? She That Thirsts will agree with me...

- rippling effects of fear and terror! I can see my whole goblin army breaking and running away when one unit breaks, however if I play the psychology effect in 40K I can only break one unit? Sad, so sad...

For me, all other considerations are secondary.
Back to top Go down
Goran
Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 11:02

Crisis_Viper you made my day! Bravo! cheers
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 15:50

Orthien wrote:
I have a feeling someone is just here to troll.
Crisis Viper scared the troll away Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 16:57

I'm still a big fan of the Flickerfield. You don't always get T1 and/or night fighting. Still paying for the FF has saved me a lot of hassle on T1.

I also love HP, before a raider still got wrecked or immobolized on a glance. Now I laugh at glances. In the last few games I played my opponent was forced to glance my ravagers to death in over 4 turns, I kept making my cover/FF saves. Also, HP against my enemy work in my favor. I had times in 5th that 1 ravager would get 3 glances in one volley and only stunned or shaked something. One game I hit a dread with 1 ravager and got 3 glances to wreck it for first blood.

Wyches now have auto-include PGL. The stealth from defensive grenades has helped a lot against overwatch. If im in cover I get a 4+ or out of cover I still get a 6+ better than just using FNP alone against overwatch.

I tried chucking a plasma grenade in my last game with my dutchess (duke). I rolled a 6 for scatter but my BS6 made it a direct hit. I killed 7 IG in a blob with the blast.

Another trick I have been doing is letting my Hellion blob get assaulted. First on my turn I shoot 32 shots (15 hellions and baron) and I killed 2 TH/SS Termies, then I got assaulted, overwatched killed 1 termie, in the assaulted killed another termie, hit and ran out and shot him again on my turn. Out of all that I only lost 3 hellions and wiped out a TH/SS with a Termie Libby.

So far i'm loving the changes. Only thing I don't like is all the reserve rules except the 3+. In 5th I played WWP since the codex released. Now I have to learn to play again without WWP.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!   Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the 6th edition masterclass, blasters locked and loaded, prepare to have your mind blown!!!!
Page 1 of 1