THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights

Go down 
+4
Mushkilla
Enfernux
disel24
somerandomdude
8 posters
AuthorMessage
somerandomdude
Hellion

Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 05:03

WARNING: The following is an attempt to abuse the rules, is no where near fluffy, will possibly receive an FAQ to counter it, and would most likely get people you play with to roll their eyes and pick up their models.

Okay, this is a little off the wall, and definitely outside the box. I also shamelessly stole this idea from Stelek over at YTTH. I don't like a lot of his attitude and what he actually says, but every now and then his off-the-beaten path logic can be very entertaining and definitely helps me think a little bit. It is an interpretation of the allies rules, and how they interact with certain abilities (more specifics down below). It also stems from an article that I'm attempted to write for this site that breaks down our allies and the options they provide for us. I was noticing a trend of not really seeing any benefit in most of our allies, when I decided I wasn't really looking hard enough. Hopefully this can lead to a series of lists by me, at least one with each ally.

Here goes nothing:

Urien Rakarth - X (edited out to protect the innocent)
4 Master Haemonculus Grotesques, Aberration, Raider, Enhanced Aethersails - 235

Haemonculus, Shattershard, Venom Blade - 70
4 Master Haemonculus Grotesques, Aberration, Raider, Enhanced Aethersails - 235

5 Wyches, HWG, Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshields - 135
5 Wyches, HWG, Raider, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshields - 135
3 Wracks, Acothyst, Hexrifle, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons - 120
3 Wracks, Acothyst, Hexrifle, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons - 120

Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

Grey Knight Grand Master, Psycannon - 220
5 Grey Knight Terminators, Hammer, Psycannon - 225

Total: 2000

The power of this list is with the Grey Knight Grand Master. His special ability, Grand Strategy, says to roll a d3 and pick that many units from your army. It doesn't say to pick friendlies (which would not affect Desperate Allies), or Grey Knights, but just "units in your army."

Part of Grand Strategy is making a unit score as though it were a troop. This is where the Grotesques come in. Suddenly, we have T5, multiwound, FNP, FC, Fearless ( starting with all three thanks to Altered Physique and Urien), SCORING units! They're also S6 (7 on the charge) thanks to the Master Haemonculus, and they can quickly get to the enemy line thanks to their rides. We could also alter it by putting them on foot, dropping the Raiders for almost two more in each unit, and switching the Terminators for a cheaper troop from the GK codex. There are two units because nothing else in the army can benefit from the Scoring Grand Strategy, and you've got a better chance of rolling 2+ on a d3 than just 1. Also, who DOESN'T like running multiple units of Grotesques?! Very Happy

There's no Liquifiers because you WANT to be in assault, and you don't want to lose out on that because of the new allocation rules.

Oh yeah, and we have Terminators, that could Deepstrike into the middle of things if we want and provide a lot of firepower with stormbolters and two psycannons. NOTE: The Terminators do not score/deny because of the Desperate Allies rules.

I then added the (nearly) obligatory Haywire units, plus two cheap sniper squads (mainly for the Venoms) and stock Ravagers for more ranged anti-tank, but they could easily by made into Disintegrators to get rid of bubble wrap (same with the Raiders).

Other things that can be done would be to drop a Wrack squad, enlarge the other one, and add a Techmarine in an Elite slot, who then Bolsters ruins for a large Wrack squad that is sitting on your home objective. Another option is a Vindicare, giving you a much more reliable anti-tank unit on the backline to help take out Dreadnoughts that our Wyches can't get to or specific models that might worry our assaults (Hammers in Grey Knights, for example).

There's obviously a lot that can be changed in this list to make it better, and this is assuming the rules can truly be read this way. This was a sudden epiphany that really hasn't fully sunk in, so I figured I'd at least put the idea out there and see what everyone thinks..

P.S. If this works, then it needs a fancy name too.
Back to top Go down
disel24
Slave
disel24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 06:30

I think this is a sick list and I have to use it to humiliate a friend lol
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 08:49

i would say go with the vindicar, for if the opponent has invuls, a vindicar says: ok, im shooting you and removing your invul for the rest of the game. If he hits and wounds, done. AND he can very much destroy any vehicle with turbo penetrator.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 09:57

Hehe, someone has been reading YTTH. Nice list, scoring grots are fun! Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 13:37

Brainstorming, trying to be descriptive of both the Dark Eldar and Grey Knight armies: Grand Master of Pain, Grand Master of Flesh, Inquisition of Flesh. That last one sounds really creepy and the wife thinks it sounds a little perverted, so, there you go! Mwahahah! Let's make it fancy!

The Coven of the Inquisition of Flesh.

Last edited by mukslinger on Thu Sep 06 2012, 14:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
somerandomdude
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 14:02

Like I said, I oftentimes don't like what I read. Very Happy

This was the first time in a couple months that I actually visited the site, and only because I was curious if he had any commentary on the NOVA open. I stumbled onto this article, and later in the day it hit me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 14:12

somerandomdude wrote:
Like I said, I oftentimes don't like what I read. Very Happy

Every now and then something useful crops up. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 15:00

It's an interesting concept but I'm fairly sure it will be FAQ'd out of existence at some point.

One also wonders why, if this idea is so damn wonderful, Stelek didn't use it himself at NOVA? He might have won more games with it and finished higher than 72nd

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 15:37

Count Adhemar wrote:
He might have won more games with it and finished higher than 72nd

Ouch, 72nd...

Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 18:25

Isn't that quite often the case with Stelek? Every year before the ETC he rambles on about how the US lists are superior to anything ever being played in other countries, and then team US finishes in the lower half Razz
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 22:12

Stelek does extremely well in competitive tournaments. Unfortunately, his list of competitive tournaments is limited to those in which he plays and does well. Anything else is garbage.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 15:15

I like the list alot, and my one point I would add is that I dont think the hexrifles are worth it, and would rather get more wracks for more wounds in your light backfield scoring units

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights   Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar and Allies: Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: