THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Plasma gets hot on vehicles?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

Plasma gets hot on vehicles? Empty
PostSubject: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 09:27

So, how does the 'gets hot' rule work on vehicles...cause I find it very confusing. Help would be very appreciated.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 10:18

I don't wish to be rude but do you actually have a copy of the 6th edition rulebook? Your questions all seem to be ones that could be easily answered by looking in the index and finding the relevant page in the rules.

gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 10:55

No that's a fair enough call. And yes I do have the rulebook. And I'm sorry if I'm being annoying with these questions. But the way it's worded is confusing me.

I do understand that when firing plasma on a vehicle you roll a die and if it's a one, u suffer a glancing hit. But it's the following sentence that I am not understanding, and I'm just wondering how people interpret it.

"a vehicle instead suffers a glancing hit on a further roll of 1, 2 or 3 each time the weapon gets hot." - pg. 37.

This is the sentence that has me confused. If you could clarify to me how this rule works, that'll be excellent. And again sorry if this question seems annoying.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 11:35

It's interpreted as; If you roll a 1 or a 2 or a 3 the vehicle suffers a glancing hit. So it's not automatically a glancing hit when you throw a 1 for your 'to hit' roll of a weapon that 'gets hot'.

Is that more clear?

gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 11:43

so are you saying that it 'gets hot' on a roll of 1, 2 or 3? instead of the usual 1?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 11:43

Basically, roll a 1 when rolling to hit = Gets Hot. But a vehicle only suffers a glancing hit on a further roll of 1-3. They could just as easily have said that vehicles have a 4+ save vs damage caused by Gets Hot! It amounts to the same thing (but would probably have made more sense).

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 11:51

gunnerboy1607 wrote:
so are you saying that it 'gets hot' on a roll of 1, 2 or 3? instead of the usual 1?

No.

Keyword is "further". So, an additional roll. Steps:

1) You fire a 'Gets Hot' weapon on your vehicle and roll 'To Hit' and you roll a 1.
2) Now you have to throw another D6 and on a 1,2 or 3 the vehicle suffers a glancing hit.

Clear? 'Cause I'm running out of ways to explain this. Very Happy

gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 12:06

AHHH THANK YOU!!! those explanations are perfect!!!

PostSubject: Re: Plasma gets hot on vehicles?   Plasma gets hot on vehicles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plasma gets hot on vehicles?
Page 1 of 1