THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff Empty
PostSubject: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 19:26

Of all the denizens of The Dark City, none are so ostracised as Baron Sathonyx. Banished from a city of outcasts for breaking the sacred rule of a lawless race, the Hellion Lord vied for dominion over the exiled. Shrouded in the cloak still fretted with the crystal-veined Seer's bones, he remained clandestine to all who wished to seek his bounty until one day, as he cast the bones into the blood chalice filled with the essence of his last conquest he began to feel something. Something he'd not felt this strong before and yet something that had always been there. As he stared into the temporal ether he could see through the flickers of fantasy and reality. That which was began to perish, that which is began to change and that which had not yet come to pass started to cloud itself before his very eyes. He was as a blind man standing on the precipice of fate. He gazed deeper than he'd ever dared to before. He could still feel the soul of his enemy, writhing in bespoke agony as he lurched further and further, tearing at the strands of his spirit in a desperate endeavour to unveil this enigmatic presence. There were feelings beyond the pain and agony, desires beyond mercy and wrath, thoughts beyond those of his and his victim's. As one life faded another grew stronger. Someone was staring back at him. He had been found.

There is nowhere safe in the Galaxy for anyone who is linked to the psychic world, nowhere one can be alone, for the Eldar Farseer Elros Uthar had sought and he had found. His mind had foraged an entire century to find Sathonyx, for he knew that they were kin. They were brothers in their exile. Each had broken the vows of their people and been punished dearly. Elros had succumbed to the dark perils of lust and desire and only the Baron could show him how to complete the darkness that was growing within. It was on this day that a forbidden alliance took place between these two and they began to carry out their esoteric plans. An act so abhorred by the Dark Eldar that nothing could reprieve this ineffable treachery. The Kabal of the Broken Oath was born.

The Kabal of the Broken Oath

Dark Eldar

The Baron ***pts - Edit

Haemonculi - 50pts
3 Wracks - 30pts

15 Hellions, Helliarch w/stun claw - 255pts

5 Wyches w/HWG, Venom w/2xSC - 125pts

9 Reavers w/3xHL - 234pts

Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts

CWE Allies

Farseer Elros Uthar w/Singing Spear, Jetbike, Mind War, Guide, SS, RoW - 163pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes - 66pts

= 1,498pts

Last edited by mug7703 on Thu Oct 18 2012, 14:00; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 22:44

At 1,500 points I don't think you have nearly enough troops. Personally I would suggest dropping one of the Ravagers and adding more wracks to that unit or getting another unit of hellions.

Unless an objective is within your deployment zone you are going to have a hard time making it anywhere without losing at least one of your wracks. Even if you bump the unit size up to five you'd be better off cause you won't have to take a leadership test if you lose just one guy. Also I'd recommend giving the Haemonculus a liquifier. It'll provide some support in case the objective you're on gets contested. And with the points left I'd add a couple more hellions to your squad. Hope that helps Smile

Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 00:40

Deyfluff wrote:
At 1,500 points I don't think you have nearly enough troops. Personally I would suggest dropping one of the Ravagers and adding more wracks to that unit or getting another unit of hellions.

Hi Deyfluff and thanks for your analysis. The Wracks are there primarily to provide a PT to the Hellions. I'm aware they'll die instantly if they get shot so they're only meant to sit on an objective deployed somewhere in cover in my deployment zone and go to ground. The Haemon isn't equipped with anything as he'll join them. They're not meant to see action as they'll die however they're equipped. Aside from them I have 4 other scoring units although I'm aware the wyches are fragile. After play testing I'll decide if two units of Warriors with a blaster in the same Venoms will be more efficient as they cost the same points.

Another slight variation of the list sees the Wych Venoms swapped for two units of 7 Wyches w/HWG and Hekatrix w/VB in Raiders at the loss of 1 Hellion and the spirit stones, mind war and guide swapped for just doom on the Farseer. This'll provide stronger units of Wyches for CC potential whilst still threatening tanks and two disintegrators to threaten armoured infantry. Or possibly more DLs.
It'll all take some play testing and the Hellion blob squad should be difficult to take out if played right. When I build up the army I intend to do a series of battle reports on it and possibly a painting blog so stay tuned over the coming months.

I hope people like the fluff story I wrote today as well. First words of creative writing I've committed to the page in years. It was quite fun as my DE Codex arrived through the post a week ago. Smile
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 02:07

I think DOOM is a better option for your army - esp if you face either Horde or TEQ

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 00:48

1++ wrote:
I think DOOM is a better option for your army - esp if you face either Horde or TEQ

Yea this is a good point although it's annoying when people make saves against it.

I have a variation on this list for when I get more models. Less points on things but more things. I swapped a Ravager and some upgrades for a large unit of Wyches which means I have 6 scoring units.

The Kabal of the Broken Oath

Dark Eldar

The Baron ***pts

Haemonculi - 50pts
3 Wracks - 30pts

13 Hellions, Helliarch w/stun claw - 223pts

9 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/VB. Raider - 183pts

9 Reavers w/3xHL - 234pts

Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts

CWE Allies

Farseer Elros Uthar w/Singing Spear, Jetbike, Doom and RoW - 128pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes - 66pts

= 1,499pts
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 15:54

remember you cant guide DE as it states "Target Eldar Unit" and as per FAQ, DE does not equal Eldar. Fear not though, as Eldar have access to the best book lore available (Divination) and the Primis Power is a super guide, and it even works in close combat (a boon for your hellions)

As for the list. I like the first one better, as having 5 troops is more than enough in 1.5k. My one suggestion is to drop the stun claw as it really doesnt do anything, and give them some sort of power weapon (giving you some ability to go through armor)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
ShotDownMind
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 15:26

I think you are on the right track but not investing in enough poison or troops.

The wych venom teams are completely unnecessary when you have the big squad, reavers, and ravagers. You dont need all of these anti tank elements at 1500, specially if you want to win on the top tables.

I dont like the single reaver unit at 1500 either. Specially at a whopping 234 pts. You have 4 near-throw-away units to kill tanks with, and 3 of them are your troops. Neither guardians or hellions are reliable when the rest of your troops are papering your opponents tanks or troops. Not at 1500 where other codex will bring more tools and more bodies and better saves then you.

Night shields arent that great of an investment for Ravagers. The wych raider will get much more benefit across the weight of games and opponents.

Where/what are you plying this list in? A tournament? GT? Is there margins of victory to win each mission/round? Do you now the missions or order of missions etc?

This list is lacking real strength. Sure you might ambush the mech msu list, but I dont see many objective victorys, especially if there is a margin of victory - on objective missions this list will not massacre often. Nothing in this list is overwhelming for any other top table tournament list at 1500. Paper only defeats rock.

As for suggestions, pretty much NEED the mission parameters to build a competitive DE list to win on the top tables:

To start with I would rework your Reavers into a venom for the wracks, and another troop venom either wyches or warriors. I would then get rid of the tiny venom wyches for warriors.

You dont need night shields or stun claw (or even a squad leader in the hellions.) Those points can be 2 more hellions at least.

The wyches dont need to be 9 strong at this level or for this type of build. Probably dont need the hek with phantasm either. The way your list is built this unit is being force to be a counter attack or go kill a tank or dread. So its un supported as a real cc unit, and tarpitting with wyches is really not the best use of 200+ pts. Specially since you are poison light, you shouldent be counting on those wyches to stop or kill much on thier own. So the hek and grenades, at least the venom blade, and one or two of those wyches are not needed for what you are planning to do or able to do vs other competitive lists.

I think prescience is better than doom in this list, specially if you increase the poison dramatically (more hellions, venoms and warriors.) Its a major boost to the hellion unit specially late game. You always have the option to swap for book powers, but its 5 points you might need elsewhere at 1500, specially since you should prefer prescience vs most opponents.

As much as I love wyches I would then replace them in this list to then run 2 ravagers and 1 razorwing/voidraven or 1 ravager and 2 flyers. Possibly sniperborn with any remaining points.

At 1500 I am running this list or variants, for 6e tournament that uses all book missions, book everything (terrain placement, mysterious stuffs, missions, secondary, etc, etc) This is important mainly because 5/6 potential missions are objectives. Scourging and Relic being very important archtypes to be prepared for. There is also a margin of victory each round. You have to win the mission by 5vps to earn massacre:

Baron
Haemonculus w/wwp

3 wracks w/venom (2xsc)

5 warriors w/venom (2xsc) [x3]

15 Hellions

1 ravager
2 void ravens (2x shatterfield, flickerfield)

Farseer on bike with spear, warding, and mind war
3 guardian jetbikes

Just as an example. Mission parameters should impact your DE list heavily.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 01:08

Shadows Revenge wrote:
remember you cant guide DE as it states "Target Eldar Unit" and as per FAQ, DE does not equal Eldar. Fear not though, as Eldar have access to the best book lore available (Divination) and the Primis Power is a super guide, and it even works in close combat (a boon for your hellions)

As for the list. I like the first one better, as having 5 troops is more than enough in 1.5k. My one suggestion is to drop the stun claw as it really doesnt do anything, and give them some sort of power weapon (giving you some ability to go through armor)

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I didn't really post a synopsis for the strategy but the Farseer in the first list will always swap his powers for BRB divination ones. I was just buying cheap Codex powers for him.

The stun claw is there for a potential tactic for dealing with really hard Warlords. I can snatch him and have a combat with just the Baron fighting him and then potentially leave the combat and shoot him to death. I'll have to try it out and see how it goes though. I haven't had many games yet and none with this list as I haven't got the Reavers, Hellions or Eldar yet but they're on their way!

@ShotDownMind - Many thanks for your extensive analysis. You raise some interesting points and I realise I need to play test all this stuff. The list has been devised taking into account the conclusions from some interesting debates around forums. The list isn't designed with any mission parameters in mind. I'm not playing tournaments atm, but I want a competitive list that can win games and fair well against as many opponents as possible.

- This is why I've included 9 Reavers in one unit as the chance of popping a tank in one volley is quite favourable. Also with the Farseer deployed in this unit his bonuses will affect more models, likewise with the PT from the Hameon.
- NS on the Ravagers seem to be quite standard and I've liked them in all the games I've played (I've even wished they were on every flyer but I know that's a large points investment in some lists).
- The Wracks are just 30points to give the Hellions a PT, likewise the Haemon can either give them a second PT or give one to the Reavers depending on how well these options work and the circumstances. These two will then hide on a nearby objective.
- The 5 man wyches I've taken instead of Warrior squads because I like the idea of having an almost all wych army, they can also theoretically help with multi assaults with the Reavers, Hellions, other large wych squad and each other. I will play some games and see how they fair and will then see how the list plays with 2x 5 Warriors w/B in Venom w/2SC at the same points cost.
- The Hellion leader is to accept (or decline) challenges I don't like the look of and then be useful in stealing that IC afterwards.
- I'm really thinking Prescience will be better than doom but in the second list I like the idea that I can choose depending on opponent and other factors such as CD roll. If I get a 4 I think I'll always take Prescience. I also like the idea of twin linking a Ravager on the first turn.

I need to try Flyers a few more times but I was quite underwhelmed last time I used one. I'm also not that up for converting a model to get a Void Raven and the Razorwing isn't really that great against other flyers. I'll have to see through play testing though. It's interesting that people have different views on which lest is better. I'll have to see if I start finding I'm low on troops choices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff   Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baron + Eldar Allies refined 1,500 point competitive list with fluff
Page 1 of 1