THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

razorwing jetfighter,

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

razorwing jetfighter, Empty
PostSubject: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 01:12

Hello everybody,
I read something about razorwing's rule and I saw skimmer.
Now I'm thinking why a jet that seems like a F-14 TOMCAT has to be just a ridiculous skimmer.
I understand that there are a lot of benefits with this rule but I think that with a flyer as special rule we can obtain a anti-vehicle airplaine without nobody charge it or also shot it (although they can shoot it with snapshot).
I read Faq about Dark Eldar and I tried to contact the gw for some answer about this explanation but for now nobody answered me...
Does someone know if they have changed this rule ?
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 02:20

The ruling is pretty clear in the FAQ.

Pg2, bottom of the left column

Hellion
Roy89

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 02:47

So is it a flyer? Because(I'm newbie ok?) I read that the supersonic rule is only for flyer or I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 03:16

BRB FAQ p.2 wrote:
Page 46 – Razorwing Jetfighter, Unit Type.
Ignore this entry – refer to the Profiles section in the
Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.

If you look into said rulebook's Profile section, you will find it to be a flyer, indeed.

Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 09:48

Oh right...I completely forgot that section...my mistake...now we have a flyer that it can move at least 18 inches and shot with 2 missiles and 2 weapon....amazing...
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 04:34

Roy89 wrote:
Oh right...I completely forgot that section...my mistake...now we have a flyer that it can move at least 18 inches and shot with 2 missiles and 2 weapon....amazing...

Its output is actually worse then 5th ed.

You would fly in (most of the time from reserve) and be able to fire all 4 missiles and all 3 of its cannons in the one turn. Now its been somewhat nerfed

Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 09:17

1++ wrote:
Roy89 wrote:

Its output is actually worse then 5th ed.

You would fly in (most of the time from reserve) and be able to fire all 4 missiles and all 3 of its cannons in the one turn. Now its been somewhat nerfed

Indeed, the nerf makes upgrading the splinter rifles to a splinter cannon worthless - in an IDEAL game, you would not be firing the splinter cannon until Turn 4 at the earliest.

It also makes me leery of upgrading more than 2 missiles, due to the tendency of flyers to fly on, fire one salvo, and then be annihilated. That and monoscythe missiles are pretty good by themselves.
Back to top Go down
wittykid
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 01:29

yep, that whole 2 missile only and no splinter cannons is why I converted to using a Voidraven instead strictly for AA and AT

Hellion
Roy89

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 10:52

I thnk the voidraiden it's faster than every other vehicle for destroy enemies vehicles. If think the implosion missiles are more expensive but They could destroy a enemy elite unite or sometimes flier monstrous creatures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: razorwing jetfighter,   razorwing jetfighter, I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

razorwing jetfighter,
Page 1 of 1