THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

night shields/ question on raiders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

night shields/ question on raiders Empty
PostSubject: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 14:57

im sure this is elementary, but please correct me if im wrong. Did nightsheilds get nerfed? Is it legal to pre-measure during the shooting phase? and if out of range, not fire? This would pretty much nullify night shields right? well not completely, still gives us 6 inches, but am i correct in thinking this?

can someone please explain how wyches disembarking from raiders have been nerfed? I have seen a few posts saying the "new rules" have nerfed raiders and how we disembark. Is it not a 6 inch move, disembark and a 12 inch move from vehicle? so a total of 18inches effective range??? thank you guys
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 15:31

Why would it be a 12" move after disembarking? Your can move the vehicle 6" and then disembark wholly within 6" of the vehicle (which counts as your move) so a total of 12" move whilst still being able to assault 2d6" as opposed to the 12" move +2"+base size (disembark) +D6" (run) +6" assault you used to be able to do. It's slightly worse now than is used to be.

doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 17:57

not sure, i read the codex and have glanced a time or two at the rules, hard for me to do as i am deployed right now. But i am trying to piece it together by what people have said in posts. plus im completely new to the idea of assault vehicles. came from being eldar, totally different strategy necessary.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 21:07

The new rules are that you can only disembark from a vehicle if the vehicle moves <6". The disembark rule is now that you deploy the unit completely within 6" of an access point (anywhere on an open-topped vehicle). This counts as the units move. You can then assault (as open-topped vehicles are assault vehicles).

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 00:45

Night shields combined with pre measure are awesome! That said, you either go all with NS or none IMO as this ensures the enemy has no easy target priority

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 01:02

or you give them target priority and make sure those targets of opportunity are in fact being sneaky and hiding behind the night shields or in cover to take more shots
Back to top Go down
Mudpuppet
Hellion
Mudpuppet

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 14:55

Massaen wrote:
Night shields combined with pre measure are awesome! That said, you either go all with NS or none IMO as this ensures the enemy has no easy target priority

This is pretty much what i was gonna say. Yes your op can now premeasure vs your night shield, but it works both ways, you can pre measure and make sure you have positioned your vehicles perfectly with the night shields by premeasuring now too.

Mud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: night shields/ question on raiders   night shields/ question on raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

night shields/ question on raiders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: