THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobRobSix
Slave

Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list Empty
PostSubject: Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list   Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 02:39

Hey guys as the title says i am very new to dark eldar and relatively new to 40k in general. I am about to start getting my hands on some models and this is a quick list i drew up.

HQ
Archon - agoniser, combat drugs, phantasm grenade launcher, shadow field 145

Elites
5 Incubi - Raider 170

Troops
10 Kabalite Warriors - dark lance, Raider 175

10 Wyches - 2 hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, hekatrix, agoniser, Raider 230

10 Wyches - 2 hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, hekatrix, agoniser, Raider 230

Total 950

Now i have 50 points to play with im just not really sure if i should put them on a few upgrades on the raiders or if i should get my warriors a leader and a blaster. My plan was to put the archon with the incubi and let them lead the attack with the wyches while my warriors hang in the back field and shoot at tanks and go after objectives late in the game.

Now this list is really just for friendly games but i would like to try and at least put up a fight while i learn how to use the army and what i need to add to it.

Just 1 note I really prefer the clean and sleek side of the dark eldar rather than the genetic horrors and experiments they unleash. So for now at least i would prefer to leave out the coven side of the army.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated and helpful
Thanks guys
Rob
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list   Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 02:46

It's not a bad start at all!

Personally though, I would suggest the following...

Drop the hydra gauntlets from both wych units and swap the agoniser for a venom blade on both hekatrix. This saves you 70 points. You can then take the spare 120 you now have and add a ravager with nightshields. Those last 5 points by the archon haywire grenades.

Next I would drop the warrior dark lance fir a blaster and splinter cannon (zero points difference).

This gives you ranged AT from the ravager, a mobile shooty unit and 3 assault units

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
RobRobSix
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list   Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 03:42

Now that is why I posted on here I just needed someone to be able to trim some unnecessary upgrades and swap a few things around.

I think i will listen to all of your suggestions. I was thinking that I would need to wait until I expanded a bit to get a ravager in.

Now here is a question, once I do expand would you leave the wyches as is or start adding special weapons, agonisers etc?

Also when I do expand to around 1500 pts I was thinking about getting 3 ravagers. Should i have one of them with disintegrators or should i leave them all dark lances?

Thanks again
Rob
Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list   Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 08:48

Definitely agree with Massaen. Don't get too caught up paying for upgrades in your lists. Having an extra Ravager instead of Hydra Gauntlets & whatnot is a massive change!

A handy tip I find useful when writing a list: get down the bare bones of everything; The units & equipment you just can't do without. Then see how much is left, & assign more upgrades/add more units as necessary.

Have a go with 2 Ravagers with Dark Lances and see where you are from there. If your lists are still lacking anti-tank fire, then grab a Ravager with Dark Lances, but if you need anti-infantry then go for the Dissies, or I'd say a Razorwing Jetfighter. Serious firepower there! You can load the Razorwing with Dark Lances so that it does both if you really want to...

A nice hard hitting assault force your getting built here though! Nice to see someone giving this kind of DE army some love!!!

Good luck fella
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list   Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very new to dark eldar 1000 pt starting list
Page 1 of 1