THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon Empty
PostSubject: Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon   Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 22:15

You'll have seen on the new Dark Angels flyer, the Dark Talon, that it has lots of marble/stone features. I do rather like the effect and wonder how my peers would go about achieving such a result?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon   Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 03:14

It looks like a base of medium grey then marble lines painted in a slightly lighter grey. Then thinner marble lines painted in almost white. Then a drybrush to seal it all in. Looks like a little brown was drybrushed in here and there to break the color up.

Here's some high quality rips from this months digital White Dwarf.

Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon Photo%25203

Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon Photo%25202

Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon Photo%25203

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon   Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 13:38

I'd google marble surfaces and have a look at the different kinds of marble and the way the lines work... if there is a general pattern or a shape the lines have more often, then get a sheet of paper or spare plastic and start trying. From the pictures that Eye of Error posted, I'd suggest just about what he said. If you shade the surface before painting the lines on make sure to make another glaze / shading layer afterwards so that the lines look like inside the stone, not on top of it.

my 2ct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon   Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting marble like the DA Dark Talon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: