THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.

Go down 
+3
Xelkireth
Vanq
rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rider
Hellion

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. Empty
PostSubject: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 10:49

This will be my project log for my developing Dark Eldar Raiding Force.

BACKGROUND
My thoughts are to have it lead by a Haemonculus who has been approached to do some "work" for a Drachon (who has his eye on being Archon), in return for various privledges.

The Kabalite element belongs to my own Kabal of the Rose Eternal, a relatively small Kabal born from the ashes of a once greater Kabal that Vect attempted to wipe out. As such the Kabal is still in it's infancy and there are a lot of internal power struggles between the handful of true born that still hold sway over it's members. The current Archon has become complacent and Dracon Maidar Des'kenrak has employed a scion of one of the Haemonculi covens to begin preparing a batch vat-born with which to overthrow him.

The Dracon is sparing no expense and is throwing his hand in by utilising a number of the Kabals materiel and funding the recruitment of the Sky Hawks Reaver gang. Master Hamonculus Al'ran Drakai has an uneasy agreement with the Wyches of the Cult of the Red Grief. Baron Sathonyx has been known to accompany the raids on ocassion, folowed by his rag-tag band of hellions, though no-one as yet knows why.

FLUFFY BIT

Brother-sergeant Valerian ducked as the dripping blade whistled in high, instinctively lashing out with his boot into the monstrosity’s knee, dropping it to the ground. He slammed the butt of the boltgun into it’s blankly masked head creating a bloody wet mulching sound. The rest of his brothers were down. He was the last. The creatures were everywhere. They’d come from nowhere.

Too late Valerian saw the creature move in from his blindside, his helmet lens having been warped and cracked by a splurge of putrid fluid. The pain was intense. Agony coursed through his veins.

The shrivelled thing looked at him through black, pitiless eyes. It cocked his head, regarding him with fascination. It spoke in a form of Low Gothic.

“Exquisite, isn’t it? The toxins are like molten fire are they not? You should be proud. You are enduring where others have simply…… ceased.”

The marine made a sound that could have been a curse.

A glimmer of a smile played across the lips of the Haemonculus. “Oh, come now, little monkeigh, don’t be so upset. We are going to have fun now and play nice, yes?”

He turned to his pets now standing breathing heavily around the fallen marine. “Take it back to the Raider, we leave for Commorragh. And don’t break it.”

The gnarled form of Al’ran Drakai turned away from the Wracks and left them to it. He glided towards the shrouded form of that wretch Sathonyx. It occurred to Al’ran that the Hellion lord was proving as much of a hindrance as a help, but he considered the rivalries between the “Baron’s” lackies, the idiots of the Reaver gangs and the psychopathic, sociopathic Wyches to be at least spurring them all on to do something useful. As long as they were all busy “occupying” the monkeigh, Al’ran and his brother were free to carry on their work.

The Baron turned as Al’ran approached. A grin spread across his face. “Ah, Master Haemonculus, such a good days hunting, no?” The Baron looked years younger, he’d obviously had a good hunt right enough.

“We are leaving.” It pained Al’ran to deal with this lowlife. “The Raider is full of specimens and the work needs to continue.”

“Very good, I shall see you on the other side.” replied Sathonyx. With that he made a gesture that Al’ran barely caught and the pack of hellions mounted up and raced off with their Lord leading the way to the portal site.

Al’ran sighed. This was proving more work than it was worth. It was time to meet with the aspiring Archon and “negotiate” some new terms…

CURRENT ARMY LIST AND PROGRESS

HQ
Haemo w/ Liquifier
Haemo w/ Liquifier
Baron Sathonyx

ELITES
Trueborn
4 w/ Blasters
Venom w/ 2nd Splinter Cannon

TROOP
Wyches
9 inc Hekatrix (poor lelith gets a demotion!!)
Agoniser, Razorflail, Haywire - PURCHASED, UNDERCOATED, ASSEMBLED
Raider w/ Flicker field - PURCHASED, UNDERCOATED
(Haemo joins here)

Wyches
9 inc Hekatrix
Agoniser, Razorflail, Haywire
Raider w/ Flicker field
(Haemo joins here)

Wracks
10 inc Acothyst
2 Liquifiers, Agoniser
Raider w/ FLicker field

Warriors
5 inc Blaster
Venom w/ 2nd Splinter cannon

Warriors
5 inc Blaster
Venom w/ 2nd Splinter cannon

Hellions
9 inc Helliarch - 5 have been based and skyboard done, riders undercoated and assembled
Agoniser
(joined by the Baron)

FAST
3 Reavers w/ blaster

3 Reavers w/ blaster

HEAVY
Ravager w/ dark lance
Ravager w/ dark lance
Ravager w/ dark lance

So far i have bought a box of wyches, lelith, their raider and a box of hellions. next purchase is the battleforce.

Pics of the skyboards will hopefully be up tonight.

Last edited by rider on Wed Jun 22 2011, 00:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 23:59

as promised pics of the skyboards.

Skyboard 1:
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5908
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5909

Skyboard 2:
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5910
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5911

Skyboard 3:
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5912
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5913

Skyboard 4:
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5914
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5915

Skyboard 5:
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5906
Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5907
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 03:06

Love the skyboards! Very similar scheme to mine, just with much better markings hahaha Basing is fantastic too.

Are you going to carry that scheme throughout your forces?

Cool fluff though...dirty Dracons, always plotting Laughing

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 04:33

Those skyboards are sweet.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 07:35

Awesome freehands, and basing on those. I like the colours too.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 07:49

thanks guys.

the fluffiness helps to allow me to keep the black and red colour scheme with white contrasts that i'm using through the force.

the hellions themselves will have mostly black suits with red armour plates.

the red grief wyches will be similar.

the rose eternal kabalites will be either red with black or black with red, or somewhere inbetween Razz

the theme on the bases i'll carry through the rest of the larger bases too. i did it on the flying stands for the simple fact i hate that big expanse of clear plastic! the idea is to make it look like the raiding force are sweeping in on an Imperial city after suitably softening up the target with voidraven runs. the bits on the base are left overs form the Imperial Sector that i bought. oh - and the first raider base features a "deaderised" marine - i need to choose a chapter for him though. i think something that shows up on the base, but isn't so bright as to detract from the raider - i'm thinking dark angel or a darker dirtier ultramarines. any votes for your most hated chapter are gladly accepted!!
Back to top Go down
Vanq
Hellion
Vanq

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 09:42

Space Wolf or Ultramarine would probably work, light grey/blue will stand out, but complement Red instead of detract from it imho

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 00:36

so, a little bit of progress..... not as much as i'd like but work, a wife and 3 kids really slows things down.

hellion riders are assembled - though i've decided they are a bitch to pose well......

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5922

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5923

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5924

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5925

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5926

and the first squad of wyches (i built 10 by mistake - one will be ascending to the bitz box....)

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5927

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5928

hopefully get some paint on these soon!!

Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 03:26

Hellions are pretty tricky, but sticking them on awesome terrain really helps!
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 12:54

well, i did what i said to myself i wouldn't...... i thought this time i would finish something before buying anything else but having 6 weeks free from work (one of the few perks of teaching....) i thought what the hell and set myself the goal of getting through this stuff as well as the above lot by the end of the hols.

so the reinforcements are:

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. DSCF5986

which give a playable, but not optimal 750points. though i can cobble together 3 more warriors from the "hangers one" in the raider and venom to take it to 800points.

i also aim to convert one of the hellions into a temporary Baron Sathonyx. model a big flowing cape from greenstuff and add some bones to the lining should do the job......

i really only have 4 weeks to do this, and then it's only the evenings as i have 3 kids and a wife to deal with too.......

ah well, the challenge is set..... wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 16:59

Love the Hellion bases!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 15:34

Nice stuff! Still plugging away on them?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 15:37

very very very very very slowly. life is too hectic at the mo for much. really only got the base for the raider near done and the test figures for the hellion rider and a wych are on going....

pics when they are done. soon..... hopefuly.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 15:47

I feel your pain Mad

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2012, 09:33

Oh dear god. I've just seen how slowly this is actually progressing.....

Might need to go break out some paint!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.   Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemonculus Drakai's realspace raiding force.
Page 1 of 1