THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator   Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 01:32

Here is a little Datasheet I've made, please give feedback Very Happy

Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator 400 pts

UNIT: 1 SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator

TYPE: Super-heavy vehicle

STRUCTURE POINTS: 2

POWER FIELDS: 3

ARMOUR
BS FRONT SIDE REAR

- 12 12 12

EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL RULES:
-Shield dome generator
-Earth caste repair system
-Drone control network
-Nuclear reactor
-Failsafe detonating system
-Immobile

Shield dome generator: Gives al models within 18” a 3+ invulnerable save against any attack originating from more than 18” away, as long as at least one Power Field is active. Other super-heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures do not benefit from this rule, as they are too large to be fully protected by the shield.

Earth Caste repair system: All destroyed power fields can be reactivated on a roll of a 5+ during the player's movement phase.

Drone control network: Due to Earth Caste drone control systems set up in the Emitting Tower, the Earth Caste engineers are able to defend and repair the SX-316 without putting themselves in unnecessary danger. The SX-316 may buy up to 20 drones from the armoury of Codex: Tau Empire. For every four drones you can buy one Technical Drone. So in a squad of 20 you can have 5. The drones count as a single, separate unit with the Fearless special rule and must stay within 12” of the SX-316. Drone models that do not stay within 12” count as destroyed. Once the SX-316 is destroyed then the drones are destroyed as well.

Nuclear reactor: if the Shield Generator suffers an Apocalyptic Explosion result on the Catastrophic Damage chart, its reactor goes nuclear! This is the same as an Apocalyptic Explosion except that the range of the blast is 6D6”, and models within range suffer a Destroyer hit.

Failsafe detonating system: The Earth Caste would rather see their technology destroyed than to have other races such as Greenskins and Gue'la defile it. Within the direst of circumstances the Tau Shas'o may order the Failsafe Detonating System to be activated. At the start of the player's turn the SX-316 Shield Generator then counts as having no structure points left and the player must roll on the Catastrophic Damage chart.

Immobile: The shield generator cannot be moved after it has been deployed, and ignores any effect which forces it to move.

Tau Technical Drone 30 pts
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
2 2 3 3 1 4 1 n/a 4+
Equipment: None.
Unit Type: As owner, or Jet Pack Infantry if independent dependent

SPECIAL RULES
Combat Engineer: In each of your Shooting phases a Technical Drone may choose to repair a single friendly, damaged vehicle. The drone cannot use this ability if he has gone to ground or is falling back.
To repair a vehicle, the Technical Drone must be in base contact with it or embarked upon it. Roll a D6. If the result is 5 or more, you may restore a Hull Point lost earlier in the battle or repair a Weapon Destroyed or Immobilised result suffered earlier in the battle, effective immediately.

Here is a WIP picture of the model
Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator 17022010

Last edited by Elzadar on Tue Feb 19 2013, 18:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator   Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 15:07

I dont like the nuclear rule tbh. Combined with the failsafe, you basically have a 6d6 D weapon that you can explode at any time. Personally I would not feel confortable to fight against this, as you could just drive it up anywhere and explode it, killing alot of stuff easily

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator   Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 18:16

Don't worry it's meant to be immobile, I've now added it in the rules Wink

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator   Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 08:00

those shield generators look nice, and it looks like all you did was use plastic plates, Genius! lol srry if im wrong
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator   Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 14:50

Lord_Alino wrote:
those shield generators look nice, and it looks like all you did was use plastic plates, Genius! lol srry if im wrong

Yeah those are plastic plates Razz Got the idea from some picture on the net though Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator   Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Datasheet: Tau SX-316 Experimental Shield Generator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: