THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. Empty
PostSubject: Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.   Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 18:17

I just want to double check that this is correct. Say I have 10 Kabalite Warriors inside a Raider. I can't have the the Dark Lance on my Raider shoot at a vehicle and have the Warriors inside shoot their Splinter Rifles at a group of infantry. They have to both shoot at the same target, right?

If this is the case, then I really shouldn't put a Dark Lance on a raider holding units that do no damage to vehicles. The advice I've always got is "make sure that every turn you make the most shots you can". So I shouldn't mix a dark lance that's good against vehicles with a group of splinter rifles because if I want to use the dark lance on a vehicle the warriors have to sit in the raider for a turn and do nothing. All those shots wasted.

Am I getting this right???

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.   Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 18:43

They can shoot a different target

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.   Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 18:51

As the vehicle is a different unit to the infantry you are free to choose separate targets for their shooting attacks

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.   Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 19:36

My opponent was saying that because its a 'dedicated' transport, not just a transport that this doesn't apply. I haven't found anything in the rulebook... I'll do another hunt, so next time this comes up I'll have be ready.

Thanks so much guys. Where would I be without The Dark City!
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.   Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 21:13

Pg. 80 They can fire overwatch at enemies assaulting the transport they are in.

pg. 78 Passengers can fire at seperate unit than the transport did.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.   Transport and passengers must shoot at same target. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transport and passengers must shoot at same target.
Page 1 of 1