THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grey Knights v Dark eldar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

Grey Knights v Dark eldar Empty
PostSubject: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 12:38

Soooo all, i have a game against grey knights coming up on friday night, this will be my first game of 6th ed against them and a first for my dark eldar too. Sooo without further delay here is his list (or at least what he says he will be using).

HQ

Inquisitor Coteaz

Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour

Inquisitor with Inferno Pistol & Power Sword (Allied HQ )

Elites

Jokaero Weaponsmith x 5

Eversor Assassin with Executioner Pistol

Troops

Grey Knight Strike Squad

Grey Knight Strike Squad

Grey Knight Strike Squad

Grey Knight Purifier Squad

Fast attack

Stormraven Gunship

Grey Knight Interceptor Squad

-----------------------------------------

Allied units

10 Battle Sisters
10 Battle Sisters
Sisters of Battle Penitent Engine

Yeah nice hey, btw this is a friendly match as he is still new to the game and has only played 4 games now....tho i still want to crush him ^^.

My list atm is:

x1 Lord
x1 Succubus
x1 Haemonculus

5 Incubi
3 Grotesque

10 Wracks (in two units of 5)
20 Wyches (in two units of 10)
30 Kabalite Warriors (in 3 units of 10)
1 Raider

3 Reavers
5 Scourges
5 Hellions

1 Cronos Parasite Engine
1 Razorwing Jetfighter

(Basically what i have in my collection atm, tho i can either add to that a small eldar allied force of a farseer, 5 rangers and 10 howling banshees or my 30 kroot with 5 hounds)

7th ed score:

Wins: 4 Cool 
Loses: 7 scratch 
Draws: 1 study
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 12:39

iv got a feeling it will be fun.

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 13:50

Is your opponent using the outdated the witch hunters codex? Because his ally detachment is not legal (Inquisitors are no longer a HQ unit for Sisters of Battle). The Jokaero are Troops (because of Coteaz) and the Purifer Squad is an elite choice.
How many points are you playing, because you use 2 Organisation Charts?
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 14:40

yes he is, as he does not have the WD update. Also yeah sorry that was a mistake on my part when i was copying the list he sent me, computermessed up and i didnt notice they were not in the troop part sorry, same with the purifer squad.

And really there is no points limit as its just for fun and he is still learning so we agreed to no points, just bring what we got atm and have some fun basically lol.

Also on a side note, am not sure if that is his full list or not as i know he has a few more Grey Knight units which he has yet to make so maybe come friday night he will have a few more units. (like a land raider redeemer Crying or Very sad )

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 16:27

Ok iv been able to talk with him about what else he has that he can bring..if he can get them made in time for friday he also has a Land raider redeemer, GK terminator squad and a Castellan Crowe....should i be worried lol?

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 22:03

Probably. You do not have much anti tank or transports, which might be a problem when dealing with the Land Raider and the Terminators. Crowe is no slouch.

Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 22:36

1 of the reasons why we can handle GK is the amount of ap2 fire power we can bring and so much concentrated poison i cant see much ap2 in your list and with all the wracks and wyches you look a little shy of fire power too, i think you will struggle if he manages to field the termies and land raider
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 23:28

Dark_Kindred wrote:
Probably. You do not have much anti tank or transports, which might be a problem when dealing with the Land Raider and the Terminators. Crowe is no slouch.

Yeah iv been trying to get my hands on a few more raiders but iv either not had the cash at the time or my two local stores have not had any raiders in stock -_-.

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 23:36

baster wrote:
1 of the reasons why we can handle GK is the amount of ap2 fire power we can bring and so much concentrated poison i cant see much ap2 in your list and with all the wracks and wyches you look a little shy of fire power too, i think you will struggle if he manages to field the termies and land raider

Guess i will start praying he dont lol, also i have a small advantage in that its only his 4th game, while iv been gaming since i was 8 (and am now 22 lol). but yeah i see your point there.....but i was thinking of using them as speed-bums to slow down his army while my more shooty units shoot the hell out of everything they can.

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 00:30

ok game is tomorrow at 2pm, i will try and remember to take notes on how it goes.

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 06:03

i have enjoyed on many occasions the look on an opponents face when i say this squad of warriors shooting those paladins and forcing so many saves 2 or 3 fall over lol
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:33

baster wrote:
i have enjoyed on many occasions the look on an opponents face when i say this squad of warriors shooting those paladins and forcing so many saves 2 or 3 fall over lol

Yeah, I tabled my friends Grey Knights a few weeks back in 4 turns (could have been 2 turns if one dice roll had gone my way).

Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 17:02

Well it was quite fun, i lost in the end (game lasted 7 turns).

In the end he was able to get the Land raider redeemer, GK terminator squad and a Castellan Crowe all made for the game (despair on my part).

Key moments being:

Stormraven Gunship v Razorwing Jetfighter....great dog fight, was fun to watch, got a lucky couple of rolls which saw my Razorwing down the stormraven. It then went on to take out a full 10 Battle Sisters squad before flying off the table...

The Eversor Assassin taking on 10 Wyches and wiping them out...then he took on my Succubus and floored her...then tried to take on my Lord and his bodyguard...killed 2 Incubi before my lord took him out.

The land raider getting immobilized on turn two after i only fired 2 dark lances into it (it was then destroyed by my Scourges who deep strike behind it)

Inquisitor Coteaz + Grey Knight Strike Squad + Sisters of Battle Penitent Engine vs Haemonculus +Grotesque. This was an epic fight, lasted 3 turns. in the end my coven forces all died but they did tie down those 3 units

7th ed score:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights v Dark eldar   Grey Knights v Dark eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Knights v Dark eldar
Page 1 of 1