THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents 1500

Go down 
+2
Crazy_Irish
Sky Serpent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 21:20

This is an army I am planning on fielding in pick up competitive play and possibly 3 tournaments, posted below it is my current/old army list for comparison, which is better and what changes would you make? I play in a very stand off stance, striking hard and fast when I need to after skirting 36" away. Biggest change is obviously the drop of the Blasters and transports in favour of Sniperborn teams.

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

3 Trueborn, 2 Dark lances, 86pts

3 Trueborn, 2 Dark lances, 86pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 75pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 65pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades, 60pts
Raider, 60pts

Raider, 60pts

Ravager, 105pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 155pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 155pts

Ye Olde List

Duke Sliscus The Serpent, 150pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 146pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 146pts

9 Kabalite Warriors
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 156pts

9 Kabalite Warriors
Raider, Splinter racks, 151pts

5 Kabalite Warriors
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 110pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades
Raider, 120pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades
Raider, 120pts

Ravager, 105pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 145pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 145pts

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 22:07

Well you have nearly 1DL per 100points, 3 venoms, 2 splinter racks sporting raiders,10 haywire grenades, 8 one shot pizza plates and 4 of your DL are AA. That looks like a solid list.

Seriously, I like it. It really fits the dukes style.

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 15:25

Irish, not sure if you're reading the right list?

I don't know if my ratio of Raider to Venom is right, I need the Raiders for first turn darklight but now my lanceborn should help out a lot more with that so one more Venom?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 14:04

I would almost take another raider actually sky. You have alota AI with those missiles (if they arent busy shooting down other planes) And 10 Lances that you have now really only mathhammer equate to 3 results against AV12. But I would say play around with it a few times before you take it to any tournament and see what you find works best for you.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Canyoneromikos
Hellion

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 18:10

As i say all the time i'm not a massive fan of our flyers.

Id rather go for a aegis and a quad gun (your trueborn can use it possibly)

The thing that really sticks out for me is the lack of anti blob. How can your army kill 50 guardsmen? I'll guarentee (especially if you go to Brighton) you'll probably end up playing one.

(Aswell as the Varitable necron hordes but frankly i think you got that covered)

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 18:49

he has 8 S6 pie plates... ontop of his splinterfire... Im sure he can take care of a 50 man guard blob...

Ontop of that why does he have to kill it when he can outmanuever it??? Unless he gets a KP game, it still can only hold one objective at a time per blob. If he takes out the other elements, then he can just dance around it and never worry about it at all.

if it is a KP game... then its a trap to try and draw 1 kp out of that unit anyway...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 21:31

What can I say, I like it! I'd rather see 2 Ravagers to every flyer though! Smile

Hellion

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 06:25

Shadows Revenge wrote:
he has 8 S6 pie plates... ontop of his splinterfire... Im sure he can take care of a 50 man guard blob...

Ontop of that why does he have to kill it when he can outmanuever it??? Unless he gets a KP game, it still can only hold one objective at a time per blob. If he takes out the other elements, then he can just dance around it and never worry about it at all.

if it is a KP game... then its a trap to try and draw 1 kp out of that unit anyway...

the 8 str 6 pie plates will do nothing to a blob as they dont ignore cover.

As much as we bring it to the table splinter fire isnt great to a 2+ coversave
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 07:29

with the planes you can focus fire at the back of the guard blob and negate the 2+cover save, a 50 man guard blob cant hide up against ADL from the air, so if it absolutely had to go their are ways to do it.

i like the list, i started out with the foot 3 TB with 2 lance, it suited the way i played, i have changed to blaster born recently with much success tho. my next list will include the duke he is soooo cool
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 13:30

how is he getting a 2+ coversave??? did he order them to dig foxholes behind a ruins??? so thats +2 to coversave... a plane is higher than most ruins (and the ADL), so at most he is getting a 3+ (5+ from area terrain, +2 for going to ground) ontop of that if the entire 50 man guard blob is in area terrain... youre playing too much terrain (or they are super bunched up... enough said). If they arent, then he can choose to focus fire, and no matter where his templates hit, those with only a 5+ coversave (due to digging foxholes) will die.

Oh and lets not forget if a 50 man guard blob is sitting behind a ADL... Then your using them wrong... and I go back to my original statement of he can just stay away from them...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 18:37

Mike, how would you deal with blobs in 1500?

Thanks for all the feedback all, I'll be going ahead with this iteration of the list for now but will be treating my 1850 as a separate list altogether.

I'm looking at basing that list around Duke behind a defence line and Eldar allies.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sky Serpents 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1500   Sky Serpents 1500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents 1500
Page 1 of 1