THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Contributions & Donations

Go down 
+3
Evil Space Elves
Kinnay
Sky Serpent
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Contributions & Donations Empty
PostSubject: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 14:51

We are very lucky that our forum, The Dark City, is very cheap to run. We use the Forumotion service and have 3 things that need upkeep:

Domain name - We have to renew our domain name each year.

Advertising - You've probably never seen it but if we didn't disable the ads then would be an ugly thick bar of ads beneath our logo, we like to keep the site ad free for members and guests.

Copyright Links - This removes Forumotion's copyright on the forum and asserts our own, allowing our links at the footer of the page and keeping the place all grim and dark and nice.

These cost all together roughly 3000-5000 credits which is about £25-£50 depending on what needs updating and when. If you enjoy the forum and feel that you'd like to help out in some way then please donate using the 'Contribution' link in the forums footer. You are under no obligation to do so whatsoever. As a small thank you I have set up a really small reward system - 2000 credits gets you a custom rank and 1000 credits will enable you to change your username - if you have any feedback on this or more suggestions then please let me know.

This thread will serve as clarification on donating and be up to date with information on when we need to swell our coffers as well as thank yous to anyone who has helped out.

Thanks everyone,

Sky.

Ads and Copyright Links currently both run out end of December 2014

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Mon Dec 22 2014, 19:03; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 18:13

Just a quick idea, but how about we had some kind of "Contributor!" badge or signature instead of the custom rank? I always thought the ranks were there to be able to identify moderators/muses/administrators?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 19:22

Can I donate again to get rid of my current custom rank? Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 21:10

Kinnay: A badge is a good idea, it'd have to go alongside a custom rank I believe but at least that will mark out the donor for some kind of recognition.

ESE: I'm afraid not Smile

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 21:47

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Can I donate again to get rid of my current custom rank? Razz

Nope Twisted Evil

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22 2014, 19:06

Hi all,

The time has come to finally bump this thread as our soul chits have run low and in a weeks time we will be assaulted by mon-keigh adverts and copyright links.

We are in need of just under 3000 credits to keep everything looking Commorrite and grim so if you can spare a small donation, please find the link in the footer.

Sky.

Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22 2014, 19:17

Where do you go to donate?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22 2014, 19:19

Hi barenone, there is a 'Contribution' link in the forum's footer.

Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22 2014, 19:19

Oh Duh, I looked at the top but not the bottom lol.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22 2014, 19:22

And then another question, What is the cash to credit conversion? judging from your initial post I would guess 20 Euros would be 2k credits or am I wrong.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 00:18

Done

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 13:38

Thank you Count for the very kind donation.

I have paid for the copyright links up until the Summer and will be doing so for the adverts once we have enough donations - this is because I think it would be much fairer fundraising in the Summer as everyone has much bigger priorities in the seasonal period.

Therefore we are still looking to raise 800 credits by the 29th before the adverts come back up.

Sky.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 21:08

Thanks to a Commorrite who would wish to remain anonymous and also Count Adhemar, we have enough funds to get us through to 2016. Your kindness has touched my black heart.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2016, 15:25

Hi all. The time has come to ask for help for the first time in a few years. We need a few thousand credits to update the copyright which is as of now out of date and also to stop adverts which changes in a few months.

Sky

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2016, 15:41

How much is needed in monetary terms? Not exactly flush at the moment due to the wife giving up work to look after the kids but I'll chip something in.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2016, 15:52

Probably £25 for the whole year.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2016, 19:03

Hi all, we are still looking for some help if anyone wishes to pitch in with this.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2017, 22:43

Thank you to the donator who has helped remove adverts and copyright links for the next couple of months, we are still looking for further donations to keep this up Smile

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 17:35

Sky Serpent wrote:
Thank you to the donator who has helped remove adverts and copyright links for the next couple of months, we are still looking for further donations to keep this up Smile

Sky-send me the details and I'll put an announcement in the February Splintermind

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
RootsToSever
Slave
RootsToSever

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 12:41

Are you still looking for donations and if so how much would get you through the year add free?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 01:01

Hi all, still looking at donations to get rid of these pesky adverts and copyright links at the bottom of the page. The Dark City is extremely cheap to run, I think it costs about £30/$50 all in for everything for the year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contributions & Donations   Contributions & Donations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contributions & Donations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Announcements
-
Jump to: