THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?

Go down 
+3
DominicJ
Nomic
Archon Kheraq Sionyx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Kheraq Sionyx
Slave
Archon Kheraq Sionyx

Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 00:26

As it states in the 5th edition codex, the Dark Eldar see themselves as the true inheritors of the old Empire. Then, upon reading Path of the Renegade, an insight into this matter appeared. According to Haemonculus Bellathonis tells Yllithian that during the Fall, the Eldar became divided; not just in culture but in spirit. The Exodites represented the rustic farsightedness of the Eldar, the Craftworlders represent the monastic austerity of their racial spirit. Then it comes to our beloved Commorites, who epitomise the wild, free and darker side of the Eldar spirit. Ultimately I arrived at the conclusion at the conclusion that there is no such thing as a "true" Eldar, their racial spirit having been divided by the collapse of their Empire and the birth of She Who Thirsts.

Did anyone else ever reach this conclusion when they read Path of the Renegade

Battle chant of the Kabal of the Bleeding Claw[i]

In the depths of the Dark city, cute little bunnies and rainbows ain't good for an Archon's health.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 06:32

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Dark Eldar certainly like to think of themselves as the true Eldar, unlike the backwards Exodites and the cowardly Craftworlders who deny their true nature out of fear of the consequences. However, in truth there are no "true Eldar", the Fall shattered their race and what was left are all shards of the same broken mirror.

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 13:33

Nar, the Craftworld are the "true" Eldar.

The exodites are a weird "back to the land" cult, the Dark Eldar are the dark eldar, the Eldar are the Pre Fall Eldar who survived

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 14:22

Like the harlequins say, all eldar are one! clown

But, if there is a "True Eldar", I have to say that we are the closest thing to that, and by far the most numerous.
Yet still exodites have planets Evil or Very Mad

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 15:32

Dark Eldar are one facet of the Eldar race, albeit, one of the oldest facets. They claim to be true Eldar and in many ways are, dating many of the cabals back to the noble houses before the fall. However, they have been changed along the way into darker more sinister shadows of their former selves.

Exodites and craftworlders turned away from what their race was becoming at the time of the fall. They are far from true eldar IMHO.

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 18:51

Remember, the fall happened quite quickly.
The Twilight Cults started in 18,000 AD

The Eldar cast down the Necrons and C'tan 65 million years BC

For 65,018,000 years, the Eldar were the Eldar.
For 22,000 years, there have been DEldar of a sort.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 19:55

Yes, I reached this conclusion too. The reason they see themselves as the True Kin is because Exodites are filthy creatures that belong on the end of a blade and Craftworlders have such tasty souls! Have you never heard of Kentucy Fried Craftworlder?

Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Archon Kheraq Sionyx
Slave
Archon Kheraq Sionyx

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:18

Lol, I wondered why my Kabalites were flipping waystones on a barbecue.

In the depths of the Dark city, cute little bunnies and rainbows ain't good for an Archon's health.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:19

To be fair, the Deldar are effectively descended from the kings of the Eldar, so have a sold claim to be the true descendants.
But the reality is, if you went back a million years, you would find eldrads, not Vects.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:34

DominicJ wrote:
To be fair, the Deldar are effectively descended from the kings of the Eldar, so have a sold claim to be the true descendants.
But the reality is, if you went back a million years, you would find eldrads, not Vects.

I disagree. I think that you would find something completely different. Without the Fall to learn from they would not have been so cautious as Craftworlders. If upon the fall their spirit split in three then I'd say that True, pre-fall, Eldar were closer to an amalgamatio of the three than any single faction. The reason DE like to think of themselves as True Eldar is because they did not repent. They were so set in their ways thinking that everything was theirs that they saw the others as weak and foolish when they left. They continued doing what their arrogance and superiority over all others let them: destroy themselves.

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:39

Probably a little less stoic, but the blood thirsty pleasure hunting streak was a VERY new thing.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:44

They were a race created for war. They could have got as obsessed with murder just as easily as any other faction of Eldar, but instead they developed technology which meant that they never had to leave their homes to fight their foe. The stagnation of this streak, and the fact that they couldn't indulge in it, could be why the Pleasure Cults became so violent.

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 21:04

They could, but didnt.
Which is exactly my point, DEldar are Eldar who went mad. Eldar arent Deldar who went sane.

Archon Kheraq Sionyx
Slave
Archon Kheraq Sionyx

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 21:06

Given the mindset of Eldar Aspect Warriors donning the war mask, which is probably a more disciplined comparison to average Commorites; you are actually on to something there. Given the extremes an Eldar mind ascends and plummets to and that they were created for war ... It would actually make sense. Certainly explainswhwhy the Eldar empire became an enormous coliseum/S&M club.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 21:28

I wouldn't say that other Eldar were DE gone sane. The Exodites left long before the fall and those that became the CWE hadn't been around long enough to witness the height of the depravity, other than Ulthwé. Nobody likes them anyway. Razz

Back to top Go down
leinmann
Hellion
leinmann

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 04:21

the way i always thought of it was this - some saw the fall and tried to warn the race, commorragh was already built by this point. some true eldar fled to the outer edges of their space and set up new frontier worlds, birthing the exodites. next, some left in leviathan craft, honing their spiritual selves over the years, becoming the CWE. as the last of the true eldar fell and She Who Thirsts was born, those in commorragh were protected and able to continue their old ways. so essentially, each of them retains a part of the true eldar, its just dark eldar retain all the juicy bits Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?   Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar are "true" Eldar?
Page 1 of 1