THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Disembarking after moving more than 6"

Go down 
+4
Erebus
DominicJ
Mushkilla
The Shredder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Disembarking after moving more than 6" Empty
PostSubject: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 15:09

Is there any way for passengers to disembark from one of our transports if it moves more than 6"?

I can't find anything in the rulebook, but I thought I'd ask. I guess it just seems odd that our supposedly fast/open-topped transports can't get our troops further than any other transport. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 15:29

Nope there isn't.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 17:48

All I can think is some sort booby trap type thing.
Not sure if they exist, (they used to), but a vehicle could move 12" enter terrain, be destroyed, passenger debus?

Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 19:13

The Shredder wrote:
I guess it just seems odd that our supposedly fast/open-topped transports can't get our troops further than any other transport. Neutral
While they can't disembark after moving more than 6", it's worth pointing out that as our transports are all open-topped, we can charge after disembarking (something you can't normally do).

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 19:32

Actually you can using Emergency Disembarkation, it's just not reliable.

You need to put yourself into a situation where you force a difficult terrain test and get immobilized or wreck. If needed also pass a pinning test.

Then emergency disembark 3 inches. Then you can assault.

Just does not always work and can put you in a bad situation leaving your troops open to an assault themselves (and/or massive shooting)...
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 23:50

Balisong wrote:
Actually you can using Emergency Disembarkation, it's just not reliable.
You need to put yourself into a situation where you force a difficult terrain test and get immobilized or wreck.
Actually you need to get immobilized while moving flat out, because becoming immobilized normally doesn't wreck a vehicle and doesn't force it's occupants to disembark.

Balisong wrote:
If needed also pass a pinning test.
A unit that disembarks from a wrecked transport always has to take a pinning test.

Balisong wrote:
Then emergency disembark 3 inches. Then you can assault.
After an emergency disembarkation a unit cannot then perform any voluntary actions for the rest of the turn, but they can disembark 3" following normal disembarkation rules, which are effectively the same for us, because of our open topped transports.

Balisong wrote:
Just does not always work and can put you in a bad situation leaving your troops open to an assault themselves (and/or massive shooting)...

If you use it with Ld 8 it will work in 12% of the cases, with Ld 9 it will work in 14% of the cases and with Ld 10 it will work in 15% of all cases. If you're desperate you can try it, but I wouldn't rely on it, especially, because you have to sacrifice your transport.

Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 03:50

You are correct good sir!

Not worth the risk!
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 16:41

I thought due to the vehicle being a skimmer, if it becomes immobilized no matter the distance travelled or not travelled that it becomes a wreck automatically. Am I incorrect in thinking this?

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 18:37

doomseer11b wrote:
I thought due to the vehicle being a skimmer, if it becomes immobilized no matter the distance travelled or not travelled that it becomes a wreck automatically. Am I incorrect in thinking this?

Not to be annoying to you, but I rather teach people to fish instead of giving a fish. Why did you think this? Find the page in the rulebook where you saw this? That should always be the start when a question pops up.
To answer your question, you are incorrect. Page 83, Skimmers and Damage Results. So only after going flat out...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking after moving more than 6"   Disembarking after moving more than 6" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disembarking after moving more than 6"
Page 1 of 1