THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar 1500 point army

Go down 
+6
Skyboard surfer
Sky Serpent
DingK
Azdrubael
Blutvogt
ShamPow1999
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

Dark Eldar 1500 point army Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 00:47

I have been playing several games in 6th edition and so far one particullar list has been doing well. Venom spam. I only own 3 venoms and intend to buy 3 more however I feel i should ask before i go for it. I play against the green tide, imperial guard with two flyers and a ton of chimeras, blood angels with a hybrid list and almost evry single tau unit. Space marines, tyranids and eldar show up sometimes but im not really worried about any of them. Heres the list.

HQ Haemonculus
Elites 3 blasterborn with raider times 2 (darklances on both)
Troops 5 kabalit warriors with a blaster ina venom with dual cannons times 6
Heavy support ravager with 3 lances times 2
Razorwing with ff and splinter cannon upgrade

Tadaa! Help would be appreciated thank you!
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 06:34

Maybe effective, but if you ask me...boring.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 06:50

HQ is bad, it is taken from 5th edition. It will give away Slay the Warlord.

DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 16:36

Azdrubael wrote:
HQ is bad, it is taken from 5th edition. It will give away Slay the Warlord.

And where would the Haemy go? There are no CC units, so less profit from his pain token. No wracks that turn scoring, either, so I think you'd be better served with an Archon.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 17:13

The most lame Venom Spam 1500 list I wrote was:

Haemonculus

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 2 Dark lances, Venom, additional Splinter cannon

3 Wracks, Venom, additional Splinter cannon

Ravager, 3 Dark lances
Ravager, 3 Dark lances
Ravager, 3 Dark lances

Aegis Defence Line, Quad gun

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 19:29

Sky Serpent, you got me! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 19:53

Neither list looks a whole heap of fun to play pale

I would now like to claim my prize for stating the bleeding obvious.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 20:31

I have a few 1200pt venom spam lists.
They can be dangerously boring.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 20:52

yup, a pretty basic list. You have your AT, your AI, and your AA all in balance with each other. What exactly are you looking for help wise??? Tactics??? there really isnt much we can say to change honestly, its a cut and dry list with so little upgrades its hard to really suggest one thing or the other.

@DingK the idea is the haemie gives a blasterborn squad FNP, it was useful last edition due to the cheapness of the HQ option, and FNP keeping the squad useable after the crashing of the vehicle. This edition though with slay the warlord... its iffy if the tactic is worth it (as he has to be close to get those blasters in range) But some argue that you are doing so much damage, who cares about basically giving the opponent 1 VP every game... so its kinda a toss up and depends on your meta.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 23:41

I might be tempted to give the blasterborn venoms and switch the raiders to troop choices, lowering their profile and allowing them to be shielded by the raiders if needed.

For the troops, you can easily inject some variety as 5xwyches with HWG and 5xwracks with LG cost the same as the warriors. Wracks would be handy as protection for your HQ (obviously 1st dropping their number to 4, or riding in a raider).

Not sold on Razorwing vs IG flyers - likely it will die quickly.

You really could do with some assault threats, or something to mix things up a bit, but i suppose that's not the idea of a spammy list.

Back to top Go down
ShamPow1999
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 01:23

It seems that they flaw to thislist is the fun of it which for most dark eldar players is a nice assault unit. At first i would look at a huge beastmaster unit but i donot have the resources to burn. So instead,how about this. Taking your advice with the haemonculus being basically usless i have created the Kabal of Random Things! *need better name

Hq haemonculus with liquifier gun, venomblade
Elites 3 blaster born in venoms times three
Troops 5 kabalite warrirors, blaster in a venom times 3
Wyches with hekatrix, powerweapon in a raider times 2
Heavy support voidraven bomber with 2 shatter field missiles, FF times 2

This way we have actual anti flyer, assault and shooting without losing some of the competitive ness blasterborn and venoms bring to any list. The haemonculus goes with the wychesgiving them feel no pain. Instead of the two wych squads, should i use a wrack squad in a raider and incubi raider? Thank-you once again.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 04:50

Take the Last Heavy support, nver ignore it, it's the best source of awesomeness. Heavy support has cheap effective unit. No matter how many times I repeat it, people don't seem to get it.

We've got a tricky fragile army, anything works. Spam is boring, but effective. You really can't afford to be picky, even with a good list you can lose. You want to win with average lists? Go play marines, our average lists end up in hard losses. I don't enjoy those too much, I prefer brining something good, to a tournament I bring only the best, if I lose, it's ok, I gave it my best shot.

Quote :
Haemonculus

Ravager, 3 Dark lances
Ravager, 3 Dark lances
Ravager, 3 Dark lances

Aegis Defence Line, Quad gun

The heapmonculus is fine, if he's a target, he can be kept behind, it 's the size of the units and the massive use of the venom that's a huge problem.

First : Raider > Venom, better capacity, usually means bigger units. Has a DL. Having a 3 man squad isn't the problem, having an army full of them is. When you pick 3-5 manned squads, it's a big gamble, you know what you're doing, if things go bad you accept the consequences, it was a gamble, however in most cases you don't fully depends on those gambles, those are only a part of your sheme, not a big deal if the gamble doesn't pay off.

Best example on how badly this list can do: vs any Tau army, all the vehicles will get shot down easily and once the vehicles are down, the 3 man units are worthless. Do i need to make you picutre on how bad a 3 man squad (in the open) is vs a Tau army?

Bigger squads are an insurrance for the transport being shot down, but they also provide with the extra splitner fire, which is always useful.

When you have a couple of smaller squads, you play more defensively with them, using your main forces to keep the attention off them, in this case, no such tactics works, your entire army is uer fragile, even for dark eldar standards. This list can do fine against some armies, but against any experienced player, it's a garanteed loss.

3 ravagers, several troops in raider, some trueborn maybe, 1 Heamonculus or either 1 archon + incubi
Spam maybe, but this is what's used in most tournaments, it works, but not in such small numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 16:29

Khain mor wrote:
First : Raider > Venom, better capacity, usually means bigger units. Has a DL. Having a 3 man squad isn't the problem, having an army full of them is. When you pick 3-5 manned squads, it's a big gamble, you know what you're doing, if things go bad you accept the consequences, it was a gamble, however in most cases you don't fully depends on those gambles, those are only a part of your sheme, not a big deal if the gamble doesn't pay off.

See I disagree with you here. With the increase emphasis on troops on foot, and less vehicles running around, we need the dark lance less and less. That being said you are right, 5 man squads are WAY worse than 10 man, but its not so much a gamble as a trade off in fire power. a venom squad is A: cheaper B: is long range AI first, short range AT second. A raider squad is both long range AT/AI, but its AI suffers, and requires you to get close to do effective damage. The durability though is a great thing. Personally I think it comes down to preference and list building. What you feel confortable with.

Quote :
Best example on how badly this list can do: vs any Tau army, all the vehicles will get shot down easily and once the vehicles are down, the 3 man units are worthless. Do i need to make you picutre on how bad a 3 man squad (in the open) is vs a Tau army?

Bigger squads are an insurrance for the transport being shot down, but they also provide with the extra splitner fire, which is always useful.

and this same tau army isnt running a ton of markerlights to pull cover from you, or SMS to just blast those 10 man squads away... also both raiders and venoms are AV10, so they die the same speed. Add in with S4 explosions now a bigger squad in a raider is a liability because of the higher probability of wounding above average due to how many dice are rolled.

Quote :
When you have a couple of smaller squads, you play more defensively with them, using your main forces to keep the attention off them, in this case, no such tactics works, your entire army is uer fragile, even for dark eldar standards. This list can do fine against some armies, but against any experienced player, it's a garanteed loss.

Again I have to disagree. The point of a list like this is target saturation. You can effectively lose 4 troop choices, and still be an effective army due to reduncancy. Reduncancy means that if one raider gets down and you roll badly for wounds and save, you arent down one of your 4 troop choices, you have 5 more behind it. This flexability allows you to take more risks with the unit, instead of having to protect your troop choices untilt he end of the game to have a chance to win.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1500 point army   Dark Eldar 1500 point army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar 1500 point army
Page 1 of 1