THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harry5518
Hellion

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Empty
PostSubject: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 11:02

hello. this will be my log on my take of the kabal of the last hatred. originally i stuck to the original scheme, black with purple highlights, but since mixing mr aqueous color metallic red and blue green together i managed to create metallic purple. i decided that metallic purple will be the main colour of my kabal. you can have a look at the photos yourself if you wonder.

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6010my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6011my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6012my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6013my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6014my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6015my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6016my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6017my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6018my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6019
my trueborn are the 5th edition warriors with blue lines on the purple base. with bronze shoulders.
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6020my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6021my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6022my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6023my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6024my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6025my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6026my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6027my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6028my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6029my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6030my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6031my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6032my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6033my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6034my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6035my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6036my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6037my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6038my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6039
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6040my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img_6041
the archon.
Any tips on how to make these guys look even more visually appealing while showing a sort of malevolence in their colours?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 18:41

pics arent great, but i like the army, along with the rustic colours on the vehicles. May i say that you could paint their bases, and possibly some highlights?
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 02:32

Lord_Alino wrote:
pics arent great, but i like the army, along with the rustic colours on the vehicles. May i say that you could paint their bases, and possibly some highlights?

im looking to find a highlight colour that would not destroy the metallic purple colour i created for the warriors. i have xereus purple and naggaroth night, plus leviathan purple wash that i managed to get the last pot of from my local hobby store. to create a highlight colour should i just add a tiny bit of white into the original colour for the warriors? or just get another different purple colour?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 03:52

harry5518 wrote:
i have xereus purple and naggaroth night, plus leviathan purple wash that i managed to get the last pot of from my local hobby store. to create a highlight colour should i just add a tiny bit of white into the original colour for the warriors? or just get another different purple colour?

You could try adding a light grey instead of white to avoid making the purple highlights too overly bright. I use Administratum Grey ( I think, it is whatever grey replaced Fortress Grey)as a final highlight, though my purple is more of a eggplant to magenta progression.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2013, 10:08

hello dudes. i highlighted every last hatred warrior i had with a lighter version of the base colour, have a look for yourself and tell me what you think. plus i have 5 old figures that i didnt particularly want to add to my kabal, so i used them for an experiment with paint schemes.

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6064gh
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6065ba
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6066m
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6067e
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6068hx
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6069e
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6070rp
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6071r
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6072h
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6073ab
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6074oz
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6075ci
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6076uf
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6077u
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6078hc
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6079ch
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6080u
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6081qb
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6082o
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6083a
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6084kd
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2013, 10:24

im also considering maybe repainting my warriors or stripping them of paint and starting again by adding a almost black purple metallic base, then adding dark purple, then adding lighter purple.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2013, 17:27

you probably don't need to strip them. Doing a dark wash would likely accomplish the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 07:05

Silverglade wrote:
you probably don't need to strip them. Doing a dark wash would likely accomplish the same thing.

I agree with this statement, as stripping them would take a bit of time to, and washing them in something like Drakenhof Nightshade should accomplish it
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 07:51

i have leviathan purple and drakenhoft nightshade

im still torn between keeping them as they are and just improving on them or just darkening them and then getting to a more correct colour scheme according to the offical colours for the last hatred.
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 11:07

after washing all my figures with nuln oil wash (black wash i believe) i managed to get them like this:
and i made a few new warriors and gave them a coat of imperial primer, then added purple metallic highlights to some of them.
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6088y
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6089q
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6090h
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6091j
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6092s
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6093kx
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 15:02

i highlighted most of my kabalites with mr metallic color GX metal violet, its solvent based so its not like water based paints like citadel, stuff made me slightly feel a bit off while being exposed to them, but the color is worth it.

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6173large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6172large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6190large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6171large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6189large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6170large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6187large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6188large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6169large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6186large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6167large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6168large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6185large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6166large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6184large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6165large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6183large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6164largenm
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6182largef
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6162large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6163large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6181large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6179large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6180largex
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6161large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6178large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6160large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6177larges
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6159large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6176large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6175large
my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred Img6174large
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Update   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 10:23

hello. its been a while since i updated this blog. i have a few new additions to the kabal, with the archon (new model) and wyches complete.

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred 10052811

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred 99904610[/url]

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred 99853210

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred 97026210

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred 96881410

i have no name for the archon of the last hatred yet, i still have to come up with one. Smile
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 11:05

came up with a name for my archon, Surath Uriththan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: