THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Wraithlord Conversion

Go down 
+8
Crazy_Ivan
GAR
Count Adhemar
Saintspirit
craigyy
Tengu
Evil Space Elves
Shrike
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrike
Slave
Shrike

DE Wraithlord Conversion Empty
PostSubject: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 06:07

In my fluff for my Kabal, I wanted my Archon to capture the Wraithlord and have him suitably corrupt and harness it for his own nefarious schemes.

So I took a Wraithlord kit and a bunch of leftover DE bits to create this guy. I plan on running it as a counts-as Talos.

Let me know what you think. And since he hasn't been fully primed yet, I'm open to listen to any suggestions to add. I've been toying with the idea of adding some sort of cape/cloak, and someone has suggested to add a tail. I'm not sure. Also sorry for the poor picture quality, they are from my cell phone I do plan to take better pictures once I get a hold of a decent camera.

DE Wraithlord Conversion 05151314
DE Wraithlord Conversion 05151315
DE Wraithlord Conversion 05151316
DE Wraithlord Conversion 05151317
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 06:53

Okay, that is pretty boss Twisted Evil Really like that you have captured the feel of what you were aiming for. My only gripe would be the blade coming out of the top of the head. It looks like an add on, though I admit I am lost as to how to modify the head another way. It seems that the head retains the smooth and elegant look of a wraithlord. Would there be a way to incorporate blades on the sides of the head towards the top?

btw-I am fighting the strong urge to outright rip off this cool idea Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 10:02

I think its good too,

I don't like the talos kit, though I will get one; its chock load of cool bits.
Back to top Go down
craigyy
Hellion
craigyy

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 10:33

Thats such a good idea & looking great too!

I don't know if the reason you didn't like the Talos was because of the vials?

But.... If its not and you have no problems with the vials, then I think a few could really help with the fluffy side of things, like they could be filled with some kind of mind control toxin? Wink

Also I think something like this is all in the paint job, should be easy to paint him less 'happy' than our CW kin :p
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:23

I think it looks good, you can definitely see that it is some sort of a Dark Eldar WL. Now just paint it well, as well.

However, I can't say I don't agree with ESE, because the Wraithsword does not really look as dark as the rest of the model does.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:30

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Okay, that is pretty boss Twisted Evil Really like that you have captured the feel of what you were aiming for. My only gripe would be the blade coming out of the top of the head. It looks like an add on, though I admit I am lost as to how to modify the head another way.

Not sure on relative sizes but maybe putting one of the Talos facemasks on the Wraithlord head?

Quote :
btw-I am fighting the strong urge to outright rip off this cool idea Twisted Evil

Ditto Twisted Evil

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:38

That's true, about converting the Wraithlord head; I remember when I saw how someone had used the front of a Reaver Jetbike instead of the regular WL head, and that looked seriously cool. I think that one can be seen at the Talos part of The Aphotic Gallery, if I remember it right.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
Slave
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 15:45

Thanks!

The head is definitely something that has given me pause. Luckily it's one piece that hasn't been glued on yet as I thought I may change it a bit.

The bladed crest on the head was an attempt to emulate my Archon and his Incubi as my Kabal has a very "fallen Greek" theme to it. (All my Incubi have Dire Avenger heads, and my Archon has the tall crested head from the WoC Lord of Slaanesh.) However adding some blades sweeping back on the sides is something I'm going to try and see how it looks.

The main reason I didn't use the Talos model or any of the vials, kind of echos the Fallen Classical theme of the army, and the "fleshy" feel of the covens doesn't seem mesh as well with me. I do like the idea of maybe incorporating one of the Talos masks into the face though.

Thanks again for the input!

Now I really want to see the rumored "Wraithknight" to see how how I can suitably corrupt it...
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 02:10

Howdy,

I like this a lot. However I do agree that is does seem just a little bit on the soft side. That does not take away from am awesome looking model.

Maybe what would help, and I don't know if it is too late, but maybe if you cut out or drill out a little cut out like some of the Kabalite warriors have, that might help push the DE a little more.

Really I think more sharper edges would also be a great benefit, don't need to stick more blades on it, just make it look more pointed and sharp, if that makes sense.

I know ESE said he might borrow your idea, I intend to take it, twist it, and include it in my army. Yup, your brilliant idea = stolen.

Smile

DE Wraithlord Conversion Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 09:10

Have you thought about tentacles from a chromosome, it always makes things look very coven like.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 15:38

Great conversion!

Now do the wraithknight ;-)

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 18:31

I couldn't place my finger on it until I read GARs comments. It does need to look a bit more like a Warrior, but what it needs is layered plates. The smooth armour and shoulder pads is very Eldar looking, but all the Dark Eldar themes seem to have the layered plates, even the Talos has it.

Maybe try a layed shoulder pad, and see if you can do something similar for the knees or lower legs perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 21:01

Luvvin' it, this idea is so looted. Very nicely executed Shrike.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shrike
Slave
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 23:53

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it.

@xzandrate: I also thought the wraithlord needed some of the segmented armor like the kabalites have. However I'm not the greatest with greenstuff and wasn't sure if I could pull it off enough. However I did add a bit of segmentation on the loin armor, similar to the incubi. As far as the shoulders, none of the Kabalites have segmented shoulder plates, just spikes. So I was trying to emulate that.

@GAR: Great Idea. After reading your comment, I busted out the Dremel and went to work

Here are some better pictures. (Still not great, I'm no photographer) I also stuck in a couple of my Archon, a Kabalite, and Trueborn.

Edit: I'm glad I happened to have 2 Wraithlord kits as I'm torn between two ideas for the head. The more Kabalite face look; or The smooth faceless look with a big nasty looking DE Rune that would look very obviously "broke/chisel" into the wraithbone. I think this one may be be more dependent on the paint job.
Thoughts?

Thanks again everyone! And I'm glad so many people like idea, I'd love to see what some others come up with.

DE Wraithlord Conversion 04210
DE Wraithlord Conversion 04510
DE Wraithlord Conversion 04110
DE Wraithlord Conversion 04810
DE Wraithlord Conversion 05110
DE Wraithlord Conversion 04910
DE Wraithlord Conversion 05010

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2013, 08:28

Very nice converted models, good work with the green stuff!

This make me want to practise using green stuff too Smile

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Wraithlord Conversion   DE Wraithlord Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Wraithlord Conversion
Page 1 of 1