THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Troops move, embark, then transport Move?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AvInNebr
Hellion

Troops move, embark, then transport Move? Empty
PostSubject: Troops move, embark, then transport Move?   Troops move, embark, then transport Move? I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 22:43

I did a search and perhaps this has been brought up before and my search words were poorly chosen so here it is...

I have read the rule book and can't find anything that would prevent troops being deployed 7" from their transports, then on their turn moving to 2", embarking, and then since the transport hadn't moved you then move the transport. Basically move troops, embark, move transport (and then shoot or flat out or whatever the case may be)...

Am I missing something? Is this legal? If I overlooked a rule or FAQ please let me know...
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Troops move, embark, then transport Move?   Troops move, embark, then transport Move? I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 03:13

Yes, from what you've said I can't see a problem... This is basically deployment out of transports, which is a good way of forcing target saturation if you don't get first turn.. But yea, no controversy at all from what I can see..
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Troops move, embark, then transport Move?   Troops move, embark, then transport Move? I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 10:15

Yes you can. It's why I run my warriors in cover with empty raiders near by. Stops my opponent killing two birds with one stone. It also means the raider is more likely to be around late game (as empty raiders are pretty low on the target priority list). Meaning you can redeploy your warriors in a heart beat (covering 37" in a turn). This is great for capturing objectives as in two turns you can move:

Turn 4: 6"(move) + 2"(embark) + 12"(raider move) + 18"(flat out)
Turn 5: 6"(raider move)+6"(disembark) + 4"(run with fleet)
Total: 54"

Which is massive, and something many opponents will overlook. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Troops move, embark, then transport Move?   Troops move, embark, then transport Move? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 00:47

Can you run to embark in a transport?

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Troops move, embark, then transport Move?   Troops move, embark, then transport Move? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 01:07

No, you can only (voluntarily) embark in Movement phase (BRB, p. 78).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troops move, embark, then transport Move?   Troops move, embark, then transport Move? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troops move, embark, then transport Move?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: