THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades

Go down 
+9
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
wanderingblade
mikezealous
KnightSeerValkia
The_Burning_Eye
Shadows Revenge
Count Adhemar
shadowseercB
13 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 19:51

What would be more useful for DE allies? Wraithguard or Wraithblades? I love my DE melee but the survivablity sucks when trying to get them into combat. Wraithblades are tough and a good distraction for walking across the field. The way I see it is that either they are bullet sponges or they fly across the field, get out, and do nothing, no shooting or anything. That makes them useless for the first 3 turns, thats as far as I can think for right now.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:32

I'm strongly considering Spiritseer, 1 unit of 'Guard with D-scythes and 1 unit of either Wraithblade or 'Guard with cannon. Both in Wave Serpents.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:55

guard all the way. The problem with the blades is that they have no reliable way to get into combat since the serpent isn't an assault vehicle. Walking them across the table isn't an option.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 23:56

Wraith guard, even though the ghost sword wraith blades look cooler. D scythes for me, in a unit to screen anything I don't want to get charged, a whole unit of template weapons at AP2 on overwatch should discourage charging!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 01:15

Is it a flame blast or small blast marker?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 01:33

The Wraithguard D-Scythe is a template, the Hemlock Wraithfighter's Heavy D-Scythe is Blast weaponary

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
mikezealous
Slave
mikezealous

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 06:26

Can you deploy allied units out of webway portals? if so, then that might be a good way to deploy the wraithguard and wraithblade units up in someone's grill early on.
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 06:51

Unfortunately not Mike.

My answer would be a cheery neither, but Wraithguard certainly look easier to use. Load them in Wave Serpent, unload next to prized enemy unit, laugh. Wraithblades I think suffer in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 10:46

wanderingblade wrote:
Unfortunately not Mike.

Technically you can but it's a blatant rule snafu on the part of GW. See here for details.

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 02:56

Does the whole squad have to take D-scythes or can I choose how many the unit can have?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 03:13

shadowseercB wrote:
Does the whole squad have to take D-scythes or can I choose how many the unit can have?
Entire squad must be identically equipped. I'm lgoing with the old standby Wraithguard. S10 weapons are boss as can be in my book Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 05:27

The Wraith blades look so cool with their twin swords but I feel Wraith guard would be more suited for my army since most of my Dark Eldar is CC (Coven and Wych Cult). I do plan on using the heads designed for the Wraithblades because they are spiky and cool and convert them slightly to look like the Reaver Jetbike Helmets.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 07:09

Shame the D-Syth doesn't benefit from the spirit seers ability to mark targets. That being said the wraithcannons do. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 09:40

Mushkilla wrote:
Shame the D-Syth doesn't benefit from the spirit seers ability to mark targets. That being said the wraithcannons do. Very Happy

Yeah, that will be when all my To Hit dice come up '2' Evil or Very Mad

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 03:57

I cannot figure out what weapons to put on my wraithguard. I would do D-Syth but they are expensive in a 5 man squad. What would be more useful on the battlefield in general?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 04:44

Well, D-Scythes would obviously be better if you can get them close and personal really fast. Load them up in a Wave Serpent, then throw them in the face of whatever MEQ or TEQ you can reach within a turn of flat-outing. Not to say that the regular Wraithcannons sport particularly great range, but they have some comparative wiggle room there and are more generalist in their application - S10 AP2 can do both AI and anti-mech, while with scythes you are hoping for those sixes on penetration rolls.

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 18:44

Count Adhemar wrote:
I'm strongly considering Spiritseer, 1 unit of 'Guard with D-scythes and 1 unit of either Wraithblade or 'Guard with cannon. Both in Wave Serpents.

I tried the similar tactics in today's game vs Dark Angel. Please note that our battle-brother cousin can use our transports in the new 7th Ed. I brought 1 Spiritseer (with a Wrack bodyguards) and 5 Wraithguards /w D-Scythe who took a raider in the first turn (belonging to the Wrack squad).

The 'ghostflame ship' killed WHOLE models in a Ravenwing squad in the first turn. In the second turn, although the Raider became immobilized, the guards erased a squad of Deathwing Terminators. 25 hits (yes, I hit five Deathwings with my template) of S4 AP2 ghostflame from an open-topped vehicle was too awesome! Moreover, the guards never die before a wreck/explosion of Raider - seriously, it's like 1+ Cover Save. They also ignore most of the negative effects when the Raider was penetrated thanks to Ld10.

In fact, my friend (the warlord of today's Dark Angel) requested me NOT TO USE the ghostflame ship from now on after he surrendered in the end of Turn 3. I love my Eldar cousins now!  pirat

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 14:08

Count Adhemar wrote:
They also ignore most of the negative effects when the Raider was penetrated thanks to Ld10.

Since they are fearless, why bother with their leadership rank?[/quote]

PostSubject: Re: DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades   DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE allies, Wraithguard or Wraithblades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: