THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies

Go down 
+3
thejamppa
bklooste
MongooseDog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies Empty
PostSubject: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 22:09

Was farting around with allies again and was thinking a squad of Vaul's Wrathwould be quite fun. that is 3 big guns for cheap. What do you guys think?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 00:20

Cant move is a pretty big limitation .. see comments in the eldar section
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 02:09

And it got FAQ'd down to blast.

Hellion
thejamppa

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 10:50

Still about 90p for putting out 3 blast 48" s6 ap6 that is s7 against vehicles is not bad but Fire Prism is still better in horder control and anti-tank role with greater range.

Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 16:47

Its not the gun if it was on 3 walker it would be great but its not it cant move so the enemy can handle it anyway they choose , ie stay out of LOS , if its too open and not in cover just take out the crew.

On an open board its good but thats situational.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 18:31

bklooste wrote:
if its too open and not in cover just take out the crew.

The crew still count as being T7 as long as one gun is still alive, and the guns themselves have 3+ saves. A squad of three guns is effectively 12 T7 wounds.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 10:45

Sorry to slightly necro this thread, just going over some eldar tactica.

Mushkilla wrote:
The crew still count as being T7 as long as one gun is still alive, and the guns themselves have 3+ saves. A squad of three guns is effectively 12 T7 wounds.

How does this work? I'd love it to be the case, but I would have thought it would be the other way around; there being 6 crew and 3 platforms surely the majority toughness is 3. Am I just being really dumb?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 13:39

"If shooting at an artillery unit, the toughness of the guns is always used when at least one gun remains."- BRB, Page 46, Artillery, Shooting at Artillery.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 13:40

Ah-ha! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 20:06

I have been wondering for a while now, how exactly do the Vaul's Wrath batteries work when wounds are concerned? The entry says that the crew consists of two guardians and the battery, guardians having one wound each and the battery having two. But - one of the two guardians is sitting in the battery! So what does this mean? Do I need to add one more guardian for each battery? Does the battery count as having three wounds? Or does the guardian sitting in the battery not affect it at all, and a single squad consists of just three wounds, then? I am quite confused.

Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 22:40

I was wondering that myself the other day. I think the conclusion I came to was to not glue in the guardian in the battery (so he can be pulled out if too many crew die), and have a few spare guardians on hand in case the guns die. It's not exactly ideal however.
Back to top Go down
autopilot
Hellion
autopilot

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 00:58

My understanding was that it was 2 Guardians per Battery, and once both of them die, you remove the gun. Therefore, you put one Guardian in the front to die first and one Guardian in the back (on the gun) to die last. Shooting will kill the Guardian in the front first, then wound the gun itself since it has 2 wounds, effectively going through 3 wounds before the gun is dead.
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 10:36

That makes sense for a single gun with two crew, but it starts to get confusing if you have a unit of 3 of these. If one gun dies are it's crew transferable? They're all part of the same unit after all.. Depending on how you end up allocating wounds you could potentially end up with one gun with six crew.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 18:35

Well, talking it over with an IG playing friend, we decided that it probably works like the Heavy Weapons teams and SM Attack Bikes - the battery would have three wounds and the guardian on small base has one, the reasoning being that since a HWT and an Attack Bike can function with one guy supposedly dead, still having one wound and firing as normal despite having two dudes modeled on, so would the battery. But yeah, it's pretty confusing, especially since this is the only case where an artillery piece has one of the crew strapped inside it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies   Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viability of Vaul's Wrath for allies
Page 1 of 1