THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Empty
PostSubject: Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk!   Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 14:21

Hello!

I've said that I'm building some industrial themed terrain, so here are couple of pip shots (I'll assemble base shapes, paint, then assemble whole thing)

Pipes (each piece is 15 cm long [little less than 6"] I have about 39 pieces of either 14mm or 22mm) I plan to paint some in "CAUTION" pattern, some in metal (silver or brass)
Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Pipes10
This is so called "preshading". Spray paint layer is transpatent, so tone vary depend on background.

All "tanks" are made from standard 0,5 liters beer cans. I had 8 from last summer, also I have 6 "fresh" + 2 will come today (I need to hand one [ready] project and officialy I have three month "summer"). They are 17 cm high.

Yellow and preshading photo(note that brown gave "warm" shadow on yellow while black gave "cold" greenish tone)

Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Tank10

And old paintjob (made with brush)
Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Tanks10

I have 4 of those special cans, they have additional beveled thingies (I'll post better picure when I would paint them). In addition, I'm forced to cover "LECH" beveled logo with... something. Like... exhaust pipes?
I plan to paint remaining 4 Red and 4 Blue/Green/Cyan.

This is heat tower, also with preshading + yellow base coat.
Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Tower10 Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Tower_10
It's huge. Hex base is up to 17 cm wide, whole thing is 25 cm high. Yep, proper "central" LoS blocker. Need to work over it tho... maybe some catwalks?

Actually those things can be done with spray cans (with exception to brown, which was intentionally "screwed up" with airbrush, you can do that too with spray can, just apply cbrown, then make white "dots"), not airbrush.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk!   Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 07:26

Yep, there's a local guy in my club that just spray-cans everything olive green and voila, 'umie terrain.

These look good so far Local_Ork, especially those heat towers. I really, really like those!

Keep us updated. Cheers!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down

Industrial zone board WIP - (not)Airbrushed junk!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: