THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

[WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chrespo
Slave

[WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  Empty
PostSubject: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 21:43

This is my first sketch of a 1000pts list. I have some points to spare, so I need some recommendations on what to do with the last 26pts.

HQ
Haemonculus, hexrifle 70pts

Elites
4 Trueborn, 4 blasters, Venom w/ extra splinter cannon, flickerfield 143pts

Troops
5 Warriors, blaster, Venom w/ extra splinter cannon, flickerfield 125pts
10 Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon, Raider w/ dark lance, flickerfield, night shield 205pts
7 Wyches, hekatrix, agoniser, hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Raider w/ dark lance, grisly trophies, flickerfield 211pts

Fast Attack
5 Scourges, 2 haywire blasters 130pts

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ flickerfield 115pts

Total: 999pts.

What do you think? Is this a decent starting point for the Dark Eldar? I love the Scourge minis and definitely want to use them, and I do prefer the Kabalites to the Wyches from a fluff point of view.

Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 22:52

chrespo wrote:

HQ
Haemonculus, hexrifle 70pts
Realy? Why? Where do the 5 missing points come from? I for myself don't like Haemys as sole HQ, I think their pain token is worth it's points, but unfortunately their underwhelming profile is not, and the hexrifle is definitely not worth it.
Where do you want to place him?

Elites
4 Trueborn, 4 blasters, Venom w/ extra splinter cannon, flickerfield 143pts
One can't go wrong with this.

Troops
5 Warriors, blaster, Venom w/ extra splinter cannon, flickerfield 125pts
Cheap way to take a venom. Good AI
10 Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon, Raider w/ dark lance, flickerfield, night shield 205pts
pretty much standard
7 Wyches, hekatrix, agoniser, hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Raider w/ dark lance, grisly trophies, flickerfield 211pts
wouldn't take hydra gauntlets, but that's a mater of taste

Fast Attack
like them, too; good AT but hard to deploy safely

Heavy Support
best AT we have

Total: 999pts.
All in all I like it, but I think you lack some AI if this is to be an all-commers list. If you encounter mech-heavy or rounded armies at most it sounds good, but a horde, like orks or tyranids might catch you flat footed.
Back to top Go down
chrespo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 23:23

I was intending to put the Haemonculus with the Wyches, for the pain token, and once they disembark for assault Id pull the raider out to long range, where the Hexrifle would do its thing. I could use roughly the same thing with a Liquifier I guess, and be more effective.

Missing points are a miscalculation. Silly me.

Ill tricks around with alternative HQs and see if I can come up with something better. Loosing the hydra gauntlets could give me some more points to play with.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 15:56

Hex rifle is kinda meh(but its my luck with sniper rifles).Liquifire gun will do more.

Raider with wyches dont need FF.

"10 Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon, Raider w/ dark lance, flickerfield, night shield 205pts" What you plan for them??

Rest of list is in place.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
chrespo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 22:23

The warriors with the blaster and the splinter cannon ended up with extra upgrades just because I had the points to do so. I would rather slim the list down and add more troopers to my units, but I am limited to transport capacities. I might just try and bulk out for another 10 warriors in a raider instead of the 5 man unit in the venom. Haven't run the numbers on it yet.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 00:05

Thats ok.

One more thing I spotted, how about changeing grisly trophies for TGL?? IMO its better to have potentialy a bonus to combat resolution.(shardnet help them live)

Back to top Go down
chrespo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 04:22

TGL? I don't have my book on me, but I will check it out when I come home. Could this list maybe work better with a different HQ? I have been thinking about swapping the Haemonculus for an Archon instead. I like both models though, and will use them as my HQs for larger games.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 19:56

Torment ganade launchers.
If you have points, archon is always great, but if you dont succubus can be nice support for small points.

Back to top Go down
Stilton
Slave
Stilton

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 23:20

chrespo wrote:
This is my first sketch of a 1000pts list. I have some points to spare, so I need some recommendations on what to do with the last 26pts.

HQ
Haemonculus, hexrifle 65pts

Elites
4 Trueborn, 4 blasters, Venom w/ extra splinter cannon, night shields (?) 183pts

Troops
5 Warriors, blaster, Venom w/ extra splinter cannon, night shields (?) 135pts

10 Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon, Raider w/ dark lance, flickerfield, night shield 195pts

7 Wyches, hekatrix, agoniser, hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Raider w/ dark lance, grisly trophies, flickerfield 199pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Total: 1022pts.

Trying to keep mostly in line with the models you've already incorporated, how about:

HQ
- Archon
- Agoniser - 80

Elites
- 4 Trueborn
- 4 Blasters
- Venom
- Splinter Cannon, Night Shields - 183

Troops
- 5 Warriors
- Blaster
- Venom
- Splinter Cannon, Night Shields - 135

- 5 Warriors
- Blaster
- Raider
- Flickerfield, Night Shields - 140

- 8 Wyches
- Haywire Grenades
- Hekatrix
- Agoniser
- Raider
- Flickerfield, Night Shields - 206

Fast Attack
- 5 Scourges
- 2 Haywire Blasters - 130

Heavy Support
- Ravager
- Flickerfield, Night Shields - 125

Total: 999
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique    [WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WH40K] First Dark Eldar 1000pts list, need critique
Page 1 of 1