THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain

Go down 
+10
spellcheck2001
Trystis
Herbert West
Khain mor
CheZZoR
Evil Space Elves
facelessabsalom
Cavalier
Targetlock
Aéquitas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03 2013, 21:44

K as a hardcore fantasy player I have finally taken the plunge and started my first 40k army. Today I have bought my boxes and started working right away on my first conversion.

This will be a Carnival of Pain Coven army so the Coven theme is central to the army, which pretty much throws half the available units in the army out of the window for me haha.

What I have bought now to start a small 1000-1250 force is:

• Haemonculus ancient (conversion undecided how)
  • 6 Grotesques (conversions made with Cryptghouls body as a base)
  • 20 Wracks
  • 3 Venoms (conversion undecided how but less extreme then the Raiders)
  • 2 Raiders (conversion using Terrorgheist bits)
  • Razorwing Jetfighter (conversion undecided how but less extreme then the Raiders)
  • 3 Talos Pain Engines

And here is how far I got with the first conversion. Have to do quite alot more basicly the whole hull needs to have the Zombiedragon theme going on just haven't figured out what I'm gonna add
The head and sail are still seperate, need to think about something to fill the neck part of the skull still, preferaby something techy. I kind of want to have the small sidewings that all the other flyers have preferably in the style of the Tantalos.

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 026fb9a1-af6e-4dfa-87e5-21cb0c04e404_zpsa454b63f

Tell me what you think open to critique and ideas!
Back to top Go down
Targetlock
Hellion
Targetlock

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03 2013, 22:44

looking nice, cool idea Smile for a raider.

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 03:44

Nice! I can totally imagine that raider prowling through the webway. Very cool.

Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 09:51

This will be another cool thread! Will be stalking you!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 10:08

Seriously cool idea for the Raider sail. Did it take much tweaking to straighten the wing?

I anticipate greatness here Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
CheZZoR
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 11:57

Looks cool but you won't be able to field all 3 Talos' with the Razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 12:21

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Seriously cool idea for the Raider sail. Did it take much tweaking to straighten the wing?

I anticipate greatness here Twisted Evil 

The wing is straight out of the box. They are both straight it's just the membrane that is curved but I figured a ship sometimes have wind blowing in from the side right?

If you can find a Vampire counts player willing to trade you the zombiedragon head and neck like I did you can actually make 2 of these raiders with only one zombiedragon box for bits. The fun part is that most parts fit like a glove so it isn't really a hard conversion to copy if anyone would want to.

CheZZoR wrote:

I'll just use him as a raider then it shoud fit right? Else we will just need to play bigger games Razz

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, hope I can live up to the expectations Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
CheZZoR
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 12:24

Aéquitas wrote:

CheZZoR wrote:

I'll just use him as a raider then it shoud fit right? Else we will just need to play bigger games Razz

Well it's a bit different but if your opponent is fine with it then sure Smile 

Saying that... I used a Whirlwind as a Riptide in a game not so long ago so hey, what the heck Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 12:48

You could always 2k double force org. It'd be absolute treat against such a cool looking army. Reminds of a ghost ship from the high seas...

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 18:35

CheZZoR wrote:

He can at 2,000pts Twisted Evil 

Good to know on the dragon wing. Great vision on your part to see such cool conversion potential! Are you going to have the Dark Lance coming out of the dragon's mouth?

Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 18:55

This raider conversion, wow, I admit it works perfectly. I do see it rather as a daemonic infested raider because of all the organic material. The wing looks more like the sail from the FW reaper, I'd make this one in a reaper, it seems like the perfect conversion.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2013, 20:58

Evil Space Elves wrote:
CheZZoR wrote:

He can at 2,000pts Twisted Evil 

Good to know on the dragon wing. Great vision on your part to see such cool conversion potential! Are you going to have the Dark Lance coming out of the dragon's mouth?

I'm not 100% sure yet. It was my first thought to go with the lance coming out of his mouth but then I will miss the battering ram option. No idea if anyone ever takes that ofcourse if not then definately the lance.

This army is mainly for use in GW store and maybe for Throne of Skulls and both don't allow Forgeworld rules so I don't really have to worry that people think I am fielding a Reaper. It is heavily inspired by the Reapers design though.

Khain mor wrote:
This raider conversion, wow, I admit it works perfectly. I do see it rather as a daemonic infested raider because of all the organic material. The wing looks more like the sail from the FW reaper, I'd make this one in a reaper, it seems like the perfect conversion.

My plan is to make it look more like zombiedragon corpse butchered and used in a trophy like way then have it represent a true living ship.

This project started out with me sulking that I had to have a raider in my army while absolutely hating the model. After looking through tons of conversions on these forums like the ones from you Evil Space Elves (stunning army btw!) I checked the Forgeworld site and fell in love with the Tantalus and Reaper models.
I had most Zombie dragon bits burned in my skull from planning out an undead lizardmen army for the future so immediately recognised the shape of the sail as a Zombiedragon wing. Then after buying both kits I noticed more bits shared the general shape.

These are 2 pics I send to my friend when I was planning out the conversion note how similar the shapes of the bits are. (Forgeworld model is at 90% of the real size)

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 8c66b4fd-49af-43c2-b701-bf64f550589c_zps41339adb

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 305ee775-b2e1-4961-84d6-fa9024810afc_zps54b03925

My Ancient Haemonculus will be even better though if I can get it the way I envision it currently. Basicly I want to build a model simiar to Necropriestess Nepharya with only GW bits (Wrack body, different legs within the skirt, mandrake head) and some guitar wire.
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 23:14

Here is the plan for my Haemonculus.....

Project log: Haemonculus Ancient

I will start with posting my inspiration. Note that I will only use GW and Forgeworld bits, conversion bits like guitarstring cork and plasticard are of course fair game. Comments like "Just buy this and that model from -insert company name- it has exactly what your looking for! " are of no use to me.

These 2 pieces are my inspiration, they represent exactly what I envision a Haemonculus to look like:

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain Inspiration_zps7c684181

Now the question is how am I gonna make something like this?

First model to butcher that came to mind was Isabella von Carnstein. She has the whole wide skirt thing going on and her legs sort of mimic the pose of the models above. I had a miscast body lying around of her and to my sadness her legs are way to far to the back of her skirt.
After tons and tons of searching I came to the conclusion I had to use a Wrack body. One of the Wracks has a skirt that is flared quite widely and would be a good base I think.

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 4d941f42-4ddf-4996-a4aa-56eab4e953bf_zpsa7948244

The head and maybe also the torso need to be different, I'm thinking mandrakes for the head. They come in one piece though so I'm not sure I can do it. The head I was thinking of was this one:

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain F4f75260-1b13-4e0f-b147-cc0218ce977c_zps24a6d6fe

The sickle weapons the mandrakes carry are great as well but I think you ony get one of them in the box... I also ordered this dude....

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain F4dc76fb-8460-461c-a1c4-af4c05ede9c3_zps761a323f

... and I ofcourse have tons of extra arms and mechanical bits from the 3 Talos Pain Engines and 4 boxes of wracks I have.

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 0ad90f4f-8feb-489b-a589-3ae6240bc8e1_zps92f995f0

To top it off I ordered some guitar wire to mimic all the tentacles attached to the spine and coming out from the bottom of the skirt.

As for the base I was thinking a laboratory that has exploded leaving broken glass and blood on a blown up sterile white tiled floor. Something like this:

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain D3b278b2-3e3e-4f4c-a0ef-d21611fe1ce9_zps57c29abe

So tell me what you think?
Back to top Go down
Targetlock
Hellion
Targetlock

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 11:12

really looking forward to seeing what you come up with Smile

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 13:26

Looks interesting.. Can't wait to see how it turns out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 13:53

That's a project ! I'll keep an eye There, I'm sure it will be really interesting !

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 000311
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 11:49

K I need a bit of help from the people interested in this coven diary. I'm struggling a bit with a semi competative list to go with it for 1500 points.
Looking good is more important to me then winning every game, but finishing last every tournament would not be fun either.

I'm considering something like this at the moment:

HQ
Haemonculus 65
-liquifier gun
-venom blade

Troops
5 wracks 125
-liquifier gun
-venom with double splinter cannon

5 wracks 125
-liquifier gun

5 wracks 125
- liquifier gun

10 wracks 190
- 2 liquifier guns
-raider with flickerfield (or nightshield?)

Elite
4 Grotesques (Haemi goes here) 225
-liquifier gun
-aberation
-raider with flickerfield (or nightshield?)

Fast attack
5 Scourges 130
-2 haywire blasters

5 Scourges 130
-2 haywire blasters

Heavy support
Talos 115
-twin linked liquifier
-twin linked heat lance

Talos 115
-twin linked liquifier
-twin linked heat lance

Voidraven Bomber 155
-flickerfield

Could this be semi competative? Scourges would most likely be wracks with wings to tie in the Haemonculus army even more (instead of hiring scourges to fight for them they could just transform some wracks into them right?)
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 17:31

Alright started working on my Haemonculus. I can't continue till wednesday since I'm waiting on my mandrakes box for the head and my plasticard for the basing.
Anyways here is a sneak peak of the work in progress...

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 2a931e12-3e69-47ec-af83-3b76750e4a13_zpsf059f882

Comments and critique are very welcome!
Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:22

Some small adjustments before the final ones tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be adding 2 more arms with spikes coming from his upperback forward on both sides of his head. I will also change his head for a Mandrake head which in turn will be converted to have a facemask.
Then to top it all off I will be adding tentacles that will carry him coming from underneath his robes.

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain 9121d46a-d315-4bcd-a2fa-508fdfa35e46_zps53bac752
Back to top Go down
Targetlock
Hellion
Targetlock

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 23:49

very nice so far Smile

Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2013, 18:59

Targetlock wrote:
very nice so far Smile
Update!

Got the mandrakes today so finally able to do the headswap I wanted. I need to resculpt a few hairs and gapfil around the neckarea but then as far as bitsbashing goes he is 99% done.

The final part of his body will be the tentacles but I will add those after he is painted and based seeing as the tentacles are already metal colored it will be a waste to paint them more or less for nothing.

Must say I quite like how much extra options converting with finecast gives, the heating and bending is lovely when your draping a cloak or twisting a head. However it is extremely frustrating that thin stuff like the bonepart above his neck keeps jumping back in the wrong shape, drives me nuts!

Anyways... Enjoy!

Comments and critique ( even the harsh kind ) are very much appreciated!

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain Dc07a4c0-229e-4b55-85db-4ce0b3590ae0_zps90d0b29e
Back to top Go down
Targetlock
Hellion
Targetlock

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2013, 21:55

very nice, not a fan of the face, I prefer masks on Haemonculi but that is just to personal taste.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2013, 23:14

Very nice Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
Aéquitas
Hellion
Aéquitas

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2013, 23:17

Targetlock wrote:
very nice, not a fan of the face, I prefer masks on Haemonculi but that is just to personal taste.
Yeah I agree a mask would be cool. I might end up doing it in the end seeing as his nose has a small finecast bubble in it but I wasn't 100% sure on it yet. There is something disturbing on the mouthless face. Could imagine him thinking:

" A mask makes me ugly, I could just remove my mouth and plug my nostrils and breathe through a hole in my back then I wouldn't need one anymore!"
Back to top Go down
Targetlock
Hellion
Targetlock

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16 2013, 21:37

lol Smile face masks are definitely creepy or one like in your profile picture. looking forward to what you come up with.

PostSubject: Re: Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain   Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aéquitas' Carnival of Pain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next