THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What do people use for the Baron?

Go down 
+9
greater_fishy
Thor665
darthken239
Mngwa
Evil Space Elves
Black Death
psycheer
Count Adhemar
Unholyllama
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

What do people use for the Baron? Empty
PostSubject: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 16:33

I see a number of people running the Baron in the army lists; however, without a model for it, what do people use for their model? Any recommendations on conversions?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 16:36

Here's my version of Baron Sathonyx.

What do people use for the Baron? P1000176

What do people use for the Baron? P1000178

What do people use for the Baron? P1000180

I used the long spear from one of the Raider passengers and a spare Splinter Pistol arm from a warrior plus a cloak that I got from a Bitz site and which very handily fits pretty well onto the little protrusions on the back of the Dark Eldar torsos.

What do people use for the Baron? P1000182

What do people use for the Baron? P1000183

What do people use for the Baron? P1000184

What do people use for the Baron? P1000186

What do people use for the Baron? P1000187

Nothing too fancy but enough to make him stand out from the other guys on skyboards.

psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 16:59

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7659-kabal-of-the-poisoned-truth

Mine's the first picture on this thread (im lazy).

I used a regular hellion and cut apart 2 raider rudders and glued them to extend the board

Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 21:08

Here's mine:
What do people use for the Baron? Baron_zps793ee050

No big deal really, just take a hellion and dude him up. Maybe there will be a model for him in the future but by then he will cost $100....

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 01:36

I used raider keels to enlarge the blades on a regular skyboard and the High Elf mage torso:
What do people use for the Baron? 2012-01-15_22-21-12_895
Painted:
What do people use for the Baron? 2012-01-22_00-38-09_74

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 03:10

Wow, both of you make me want to re-do mine. Good job guys.

Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 12:11

Thank you ESE for giving me a good purpose for all those raider bits! Very Happy

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 14:19

Mngwa wrote:
Thank you ESE for giving me a good purpose for all those raider bits! Very Happy
You're welcome! Very Happy 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 03:16

im lazy i just acetoned and painted an older metal hellion and added a few new bits from the current range
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 05:27

I've got a better conversion modeled up but have been too lazy to paint it, currently I run this as my Baron.

What do people use for the Baron? 253207_sm-Battle%20Report%2C%20Dark%2C%20De%2C%20Eldar

Seeing some of the other stuff here makes me want to paint up that conversion though, maybe I'll make that a vow for the month and get it posted here too.

Really, I probably owe it to myself to dig out all my stuff and do some army pictures too and post them up, I've been meaning to do that for literally over a year and keep puttin git off...

Back to top Go down
greater_fishy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 08:30

I have a similar conversion to ESE's using raider rudder bits to make a bigger skyboard, maybe I can get a pic up some time soon
I really like that torso though well done
Back to top Go down
http://guysandmodels.blog.com/
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 21:06

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68855479@N03/6918381573

One of the best convertions i have seen are made by Sorrowshard, he was at a time a part of our forum. They are using Raider and Dark Elf bits.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 21:13

I miss Sorrowshard, his army was gorgeous.

Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 02:41

You know sometimes we need a good swift kick to do some things. After seeing how nice y'alls Baron turned out, I went and bought another box of hellions and have dug thru all my DE bits. I am NOT going to take the easy way out like I did with my previous pic. I printed the pic of him off and I am going to try and duplicate it as close as possible. Hopefully I will have some pics to show soon. Thanks for the push.

Hellion
Spiney Norman

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 11:16

Azdrubael wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68855479@N03/6918381573

One of the best convertions i have seen are made by Sorrowshard, he was at a time a part of our forum. They are using Raider and Dark Elf bits.
I did my own take on Sorrowshard's baron, I couldn't quite source all the same parts, nor paint to the same standard, but here is my version.

What do people use for the Baron? SAM_0358_zpse4b18e7f

What do people use for the Baron? SAM_0359_zpsd93a45c6
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 11:27

Well it looks pretty great to me Spiney. The colors and trim looks awesome!

I have my skyboard all done and I have him almost ready for primer, I made my first GS cape in the 20+ years I've been collecting, building, converting and painting mini's. Used the GS for lots of adding on and filling in and have to say, never again, shaping the cloak was brutal and the worrying about it hardening in the right position, never. Worth it tho, I'm very satisfied out how it has turned out.

Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 18:22

This is my take on the baron for my carnival army. I think such an iconic and effective character needs a decent ride Smile

What do people use for the Baron? 8a8b8035d7536609e8068afca6c612e0_zps61e5413a

What do people use for the Baron? F96b09da007840fa8f560e82756e203d_zps84944a37

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
greater_fishy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07 2013, 14:38

So I promised to Show off my Baron and I finally got around to taking a pic of him

What do people use for the Baron? Dscf1111
Back to top Go down
http://guysandmodels.blog.com/
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 08:17

So I went nuts and now have my new one ready for paint. And here he is....

What do people use for the Baron? Baron_zps9a2626ba

Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 06:24

Win without SC's. Thats my stance.

Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 09:26

I see what you're saying Jack, and in a lot of instances I agree with you, but GW has/is making it hard to not to. If they give a certain thing that you need in order to field some of your favorite units, sometimes we have no choice. Not always about the win but sometimes just fielding your favorite models, at least for me.

PostSubject: Re: What do people use for the Baron?   What do people use for the Baron? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do people use for the Baron?
Page 1 of 1