THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points Empty
PostSubject: Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points   Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 19:45

Hi guys!

The second battle with my Dark eldar/Eldar 1850 point army is behind, facing my friend's Orks list allied with IG (grots). Here's a link to my current army list I used, including any main tactics:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7773-preparing-for-upcoming-tournament

To be honest, I got a little nervous when my friend started unpacking his army. First shock was the two Basilisks, second, and a little milder but shock never the less, was the platoon with Lord Commissar leading the command squad and 3 infantry squads, all packing autocannons.

The rest of the list was the usual I've already faced before. 3 dakkajets, a battlewagon with his warboss "Hu'fungus" and a mob of boyz and then something my friend seriously hadn't thought over was a bunch of boys packed in 3 trucks.

We rolled Purge the alien for mission and dawn of war for deployment and after these two rolls I already started to lift my white flag on the pole.. The deployment would allow my opponent to get guickly across the table and the mission meant that my small squads tugged in a buch of glass ships would get seriously murdered.. Warlord trait I rolled gave me a dim light at the end of the tunnel though, night attacker would give me a little chance to survive the first turn. On top of that I deployed first and my friend rolling 5 to seize the initiative, I started to pack a little confidence. I still got a shot at this.

First turn went "quite well". I failed to do any damage against the Battlewagon, my other Ravager glanced the other basilisk and the only real damage I did was killing a few guys from the Platoon command squad, including the platoon commander! My opponent moved the Wagon and the Trucks closer but failed to do any damage with anything!

On second turn I rolled for reserves and got the Crimson hunter on the table, though I decided to fly him off to avoid any dakkajet fire on the following turn. My firing started finally to do some damage, my ravager and blasters stunning the battlewagon, my wraithknight obliterating the Platoon command squad, leaving only one "grotsman" standing his ground, giving me First blood for slaying the Lord commissar! The pathfinders sniped the other infantry squad's autocannon and pinned them down. A fine turn I would say.

The greenskins' second turn was much more painless than I thought. All of his Dakkajets entered the fray, targeting both of my Ravagers and one of the Venoms, popping only the lattest, giving the Ravagers only one glancing hit each! Mad amount of bad dice I say! The basilisks blew up the Incubi's Raider, luckily leaving the squad intact. The score was now 2-2 and I was ready to unleash a world of hurt on my next turn.

The third turn was where the cards started finally to drop on my end of the table. I blew up the Battlewagon with blaster fire, killed the entire Boyz squad with Wraithknight and knocked one wound off from his Warboss. The mayhem started to take place also on the other side of the battlefield as my other Ravager stunned the other Basilisk, Razorwing swooped down and destroyed the third infantry squad to a last man. Crimson hunter re-entered the table and shot down one of the Dakkajets. Finally my Incubi stormed against one of the Trucks and wrecked it, forcing the Boyz and Big mek out. With 5 more kill points, I was trusting to get through the next turn.

The Ork ranks shattering across the field, my friends' third turn started to show his desperation. His Warboss hacked one Venom apart, the functioning Basilisk missed it's target and the Big mek's boyz charged my Incubi and were mostly cut down by the sick amount of huge swords. The dakkajets divided apart, one leaving the battle's airspace while the other soared against the Ravager harassing the Basilisks, only shaking it.

Fourth turn was more balanced in every way, my 3 kabalites starting the show and shooting the HUGE Warboss dead. Crimson hunter shot down another Dakkajet and the Incubi finished off the Big mek's mob. Wraithknight immobilized one of the trucks and the Razorwing/remaining Venom hunted the remaining guardsmen down. The big "ouch" on the following turn was the two remaining Boyz mobs raining down from their Trucks, overwhelming the Incubi and ripping the entire squad to shreds, giving him a fair 4 Kill points at once. The last Dakkajet revenged it's ladz and Waagh shot the crimson hunter out of the sky. I was still keeping the lead but this battle wasn't over yet.

Fifth turn started and I had to do something to give me the final edge over my opponent. First I blasted the bigger mob of Boyz off the table with a nearby Kabalite squad and Wraithknight. The last remaining Boyz was shot at by the shuriken pistols of the Pathfinders, knocking one wound off from their Nob, before vanishing once more amidst the shadows of the ruins (Gawd I love the Battle Focus). The Ravager on the other side missed ALL three shots against the Basilisks, disappointing me big time..

With little to be able to do, my friend shot my other Ravager with the Basilisks, charged the Nob and the last Boy on the table against the Pathfinders, meeting their end by the Eldar ambushers.

The game went on for all the way to the turn six, giving me linebreaker with the wraithknight and one more kill point from the other basilisk he shot down. My friend balanced the situation however by shooting up my last Venom with his last Dakkajet and ramming his last Truck against my last Ravager, blowing it up fair and square! The game ended with a broad smile from both of us as we shook hands. A heck of a game! So Fun!

After the last calculations, I ended up winning 20 to 13 kill points. The game that seemed horrifying at first was a smooth strike-after-strike performance from my army at the end (and very well they performed - all the way). Next army I will be facing is gonna be another Ork army from a different player. A player who has won every single game I've been playing against him. It's gonna be the final test for my guys and I hope/suspect it's going to be a really tough one.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points   Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 17:49

Good fight there! Orks can be tricky when they're so numerous, you did well to win that convincingly! Just one thing though - an FAQ ruled that a flier can't leave the table on the same turn it arrives, so your Crimson Hunter should have been on the table for the whole turn when it arrived. Even knowing this, Vector Dancer still would have afforded you much of the same result, as you could have flown straight to his board edge, pivoted, then fired, thus making it impossible for him to get any shots on you no matter what angle his jets came on from. Just one to watch out for Smile 

Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points   Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 22:17

Thanks Believer! My friend made a few big mistakes (which as a devious archon I used against him Twisted Evil ) and they cost him the game.

And about the flyer thing, you know we thought about it and since we didn't find it in the rulebook we decided that it was ok but I forgot to check it out after the game! Very Happy Well, at least it's sorted out now, thanks for the correction Smile
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points   Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22 2013, 05:43

That sounds like one heck of a fun game! Congrats on the win for the dark city!
I'm likely to face a green tide list very soon, and am rather worried about it. It's great for new blood like me to be able to read and adapt from the results of batreps like yours; now I have an idea of what can work.
But more important than that, I have an idea of HOW it can work.
So props to you, for everything!

Also, epic avatar.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Ly'khal the Exiled
Hellion
Ly'khal the Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points   Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22 2013, 14:16

Thanks Laughingcarp, glad to hear I've helped with the report. Smile
I played the second game with the other Ork player yesterday and I'm writing the batrep on the forum soon. Stand by!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points   Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Report vs Orks 1850 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: