THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p   Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 08:00

Had a fun and very up and down game with a guy at the local gaming centre. 1500p Blood Angels vs my 1500Dark Eldar and I decided to sum things up in a battle report. First of all. Huge respect to you other guys doing this. It has taken me forever,  but it’s a good analysis and alltho I might not post in the future I will do it for myself to analyse my gameplay. Secondly. Scale is off making distances odd. I did this from memory and I‘m not the bset user of Vassal. Thirdly, i forgot to snag pictures some turns but I hope you get what’s what. Anyways, enough with the excuses.

My list was:

Archon; Huskblade and Shadow Field
Grotesques: 3 Grots, 1 LFG and 1 Abby with Vblade in a stock raider
Splinterborne: 3 Trueborne, 2 Splinter Cannons in a Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons
Wyches, 5 with HWG in 2SC Venom
Wyches ; 9 with HWG in stock Raider
Kabalites; 10 with Splinter Cannon in stock Raider
2 Ravagers; Stock.
Eldar Allies;
Farseer; Stock
Guardians; 10 + Weapon platform (scatter laser) in Wave Serpent with Holofields, twin linked Scatter lasers and Shuriken Cannon.
1499p total.

His list was the following (unsure about what’s stock and what’s upgrades etc from his printed list)
Librarian in power armour. Power Axe (joined one of the assault squads.
Sanguine priest in power armour, power axe (joined the other assault squad)
Sternguard vets; 2x combi flamer, 3x combi meltas, 4x combi plasmas in drop pod together with Sergeant with melta bombs and combi plas.
Assault squad, 9 Marines,  2 with flamers and 1 sergeant with melta bomb
Assault squad 9 Marines, 2 with melta guns and 1 sergeant with melta bomb
Tac squad 9 Marines, 1 plasma gun, 1 plasma cannon. 1 sergeant. All in a rhino with smoke, searchlight and storm bolter.
2 predators; each with smoke autocannon and 2 lascannons

Mission: Scouring
Deployment; Dawn of War
Traits: We both rolled stealth and move through cover in ruins (of which there was none)
I rolled + Strength Drugs
He rolled Prescience and Domination.
I rolled Doom, Guide and Prescience (overkill in the end but meh)
He got the side with more terrain
He put his objectives fairly close and I tried to spread things out to contest more easily t5
He won roll to deploy and go, I didn’t try to steal.

He kept pod reserve. Deployed the rest more or less castled up in top left corner of table. I Deployed out LOS as much as possible but should have castled on the right side and have my lances deal with his ranged first. You live you learn.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p Y1BuOjI

BA T1. One Predator twin linked. Pod comes in. One combat squad of tacticals disembark into cover and onto a 1p objective and assault squads move up on left flank.  Stern guards pop a hull point and immobilise my Wych venom with flamers that he mistakenly went first with. (we forgot about this immobilisation, and a lot of other things)  Meltas and plasmas then take out my archon raider which explodes and kills all but 2 of the warriors I had decided to keep disembarked. The Cannon one still lives, he will go on to do wondrous things t2 or t3). I fail the first shadow field roll of the game from a crap explosion. Boom. No Invul.
Predators shave 1 hull points and stun one ravager. His rhino drops his large blast, off the table! Pod misses his shots. Nice rolls for me, but as expected First blood to BA.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p BF8xhQ4

DE T1: As I embarked my Farseer I can’t really cast too much. Remaining 2 Kabalites move up to the objective and out of LOS from everything. Wych venom moves over his Sternguard (immobilised. My ass!) Wyches jump out getting ready to assault drop pod. Archon and grots move up to assault both combat squads of the stern guard. Empty raider and Wych raider move up on the left flank. Feeling suicidal I suppose. Guardians and Farseer deploy into area terrain (not visible on map but there was area around the BLOS terrain everywhere) on the right flank, wave serpent moves toward midfield as does splinterbornes. I pepper stern guards heavily with splinters and wave serpent managing only 3 kills in total. Ravagers put 1 hull point on a predator. Doh. Raiders miss Rhino. Doh. Curse of the Dark Lances anyone? Time to assault!. Archon and grots assault both combat squads of stern guards. Killing 3, taking 2 wounds i think. Wyches put 2hp on Pod but fail to kill it as they also dual assault the stern guard.

Missing picture! Sorry about that!

BA T2 Predator twinlinked yet again. Predators stay put. Assault squads move up and Libby joins the other assault squad putting both priest and Libby in the same one now. This one is moving to charge my suicide raiders and the other one towards the brawl already taking place. Disembarked Tac squad moves forward in the cover to allow for some shooting. Assault squad and Tacs  shoot at raiders, I Jinx a lot and only take 1 hp each. The empty one is stunned. Predators pop a ravager and immobilises the other putting 1hp on it. Assault squad with Libby and priest charges both vehicles and pops them both. Explosion from Wych Raider kills 1 assault Marine. Wyches disembark unpinned preparing to charge on my turn. The other assault squad dual charge Wyches (5man group) and venom killing 3 Wyches  and the venom with 2 Marines falling. Wyches hold. Archon and Grots clean up the stern guard taking only 1 wound. Consolidate 6 moving around the drop pod to charge predators next turn.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p Bc3MBIY

DE T2: Farseer is out, but i forgot to cast before moving. Archon and grots move toward the predators. 9 man Wyches move an inch to make sure they can’t fail the charge. Splinterbornes and Wave Serpent scuttle to get jinx thinking i can fire at the assault squad. The thought was that this was combat squads and 1 was out of combat. This was sadly not the case. 9 man Wyches fires to no avail. Ravager does **** all. Triple 3s to pen. Because of my mistaking with the assault squad nothing else can fire. 9 man Wyches charge. 2 dies to overwatch another 3 in CC whilst only managing 1 kill. They break and he does not sweeping advance. They run 8 inch. 2 man Wyches kill the drop pod and a Marine whilst only 1 Wych die. Combat still ongoing! Awesome dodging and perfect for me! Archon charges and make the 6 inch charge. First predator is gone.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p KAH3J6F

BA T3: Psychics was forgotten. Rhino and disembarked Tac combat squad moves infield, leaving their lovely cover to contest the open objective. Assault squad with Libby/priests jumppacks OVER the fleeing Wyches threatening Wyches and Kabalites both. Surviving predator moves out to gain some distance to archon. Predator fires at splinterborn. 1 or 2 (can’t remember goes through but i Flicker all. Assault Marines with Libby/priest shoot at my 2 Kabalites. Rolling is miserable. Only 3 hits go through. I save 2 and one Kabalite dies. They prepare to dual charge Wyches and Kabalites. 5 inch into area terrain. 4 inch. They fail to get in because the priest in the front got overwatched from my ONE Kabalite warrior with splinter cannon. Awesome! Other assault Marines finally slay the last Wych and manages to consolidate 3 inches partly behind the wrecked drop pod.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p 1fV79n3

DE T3: Wave serpent and splinterbornes both twin-linked. Out of range for doom. Fleeing Wyches rally and move left to get distance between themselves and the Kabalites. Archon and grots move around the predator to prepare a charge on the now open Tac combat squad. (Not thinking it through fully as the charge is 10-11 inches and in the end i don’t even go for it because of the poor odds) Serpent moves slightly left to be able to open up on assault Marines furthest away with all weapons. Splinterbornes follow a bit further back.  Scatterlaser from Guardian platform misses everything. No other guardians in range to shoot. Splinterbornes decide to focus fire and shoot at the 4 open assault Marines at drop pod. 3 die. Venom goes after killing 1 more. Only 3 Marines  left now. God bless twinlinking. Wave serpent opens up all hell on furthest assault squad hitting all 4 lasers, rolling a 6 for shots on shield and finally firing the cannon netting a total of 13 hits. 6 dies. 3 Marines and Libby left. Immobilised Ravager shoots and kills the last predator. Wyches shoots their 2 pistols at assault Marines doing no damage.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p 404DitK

BA T4: Dominate on wave serpent. Libby splits off from assault Marines to handle Kabalite by himself whilst Marines take care of the remaining Wyches. Other squad of assault Marines move to take out wave serpent. Shooting takes 1 HP off. Libby misses everything but the charge is now 3 inch. Assault Marines to the left shoot and kill the last 3 Wyches. Tacs  are static as far as i remember but rhino moves to get some distance from grots and tactical Marines, Everything fires into archon/grots. 1 wound in the end. I FNP it. Libby assaults and kills the last Kabalite, tries to consolidate behind the LOS blocking but rolls a 2, a 3 was needed. Assault Marines pop the serpent with ease. One of them manages to consolidate behind the wreck.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p EFc6FX6

DE T4: I forget my psychic powers as I am too existed to slay his open units. Splinterbornes Move to get angles on both squads of assault Marines. Archon and friends move towards the Tac squad that is now trembling in fear. Scatter laser on guardians does nothing. Ravager can only fire 2 shots as he is facing another way, but he puts 2 shots at the Libby. One goes through, he goes to ground but fails cover. Slay the warlord! Splinterbornes manage to kill the assault Marines that previously killed Wave Serpent and the Venom kills the remaining 3 from the other squad. Archon shots but does nothing with his Pistol however the charge is successful, 1 wound on a grot from overwatch. I only kill 2 as I forget about the Furious charge from pain tokens and fluff my wound rolls. No wounds back. Tac Marines hold.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p MMTSRLj

BA T5: Running out of options the Rhino with 5 Tac Marines move toward LOS blocking terrain, Marines are dropped off at the objective. Another 2 making the objectives on his side 1, 2 and 2. Bad luck but doesn’t matter as troop options are dwindling on both sides. No shooting possible on his side. I kill the 3 Tac Marines in close combat and consolidate toward his last units. As things stand now he has 3 points (2p objective and first blood) and I have 2 (Line Breaker and Slay the warlord) I must get an objective or contest.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p S5yk0jz

DE T5: Archon moves towards Tac Marines. Splinter venom moves up, no angles to hit anything. Guardians and Farseer move towards bottom right objective that we now know is the 4p one, doesn’t reach t5, sloppy. Venom flats out over the LOS terrain onto the objective Tac Marines are holding to contest. Ravager tries to shoot the Rhino but fails to do any damage. I fail my 11 inch charge with Archon, no casualties from overwatch.

FORGOTTEN PIC

We roll and game goes on.

BA T6: He decides to tank shock my venom. He rolls well and scores a pen. I fail my saves and venom blows up from an explosion. One Trueborne dies. He decides to assault them, nothing happens in the slapfight.

DE T6: Archon moves in, kills the last Tac squads and we call it.

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p GmwpYe0

Thoughts from my side. I did a lot of mistakes, forgot psychic powers three out the first 5 turns essentially, suicided 2 raiders and my wyches for nothing, funky deployment that didnt make any sense etc etc. In the end I wond fairly convincingly, but I feel that I was very very lucky with his rolls throughout the game and when he rolled well he managed to overkill. Simple example, 10+ shots into Kabalites and only 2 go through but his 9 CC attacks vs the Wave Serpent netted him something like 4 glances and 3 pens. I rolled fairly close to the averages.

C&C appreciated. And again, my god I am impressed by the work put into these reports, and this is a fairly crap one even. Well done other people posting stuff!

Over and out
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p   Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 14:38

Great game (Added to sticky)! Nice report too, I think some of the pictures are in the wrong order though.

You really capitalised on your opponent splitting his forces in three, whilse you could still apply all your fire power to a piece of his army at a time, whilst most of his forces were busy repositioning. Good to see the grots wrecking face too.

Thanks for sharing the pain. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1500p
Page 1 of 1