THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cynics... Aren't we all?

Go down 
+4
commandersasha
SleepyPillow
Thor665
Jack Frost
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

Cynics... Aren't we all? Empty
PostSubject: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 06:48

I just did a crop dust of a bunch of different topics that I haven't touched in awhile and most new ones too. What I got from it was the further saturation of cynical opinions. Yet, it's exactly what I'd expect from the Dark City full of wyches and warriors milling around in their dens.
Too many "this is gonna be silly" "this is a joke"...
I think we(DE players and enthusiasts) have the most interesting codex and models to choose from and every game is a gamble. I love it! No other army compares in IMHO.
Take root and enjoy it for what it is.

(I know I would already have a blade in my back by now)
Rock on DC! Lighten up Denizens. I love you 
Back to top Go down
http://jmsjacobsen@gmail.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 06:57

This thread is going to be silly.
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 07:46

^^
Back to top Go down
http://jmsjacobsen@gmail.com
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 09:00

Thor665 wrote:
This thread is going to be silly.
No chap, I'm pretty sure this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 10:23

Certainly having come here from Tyranids, who currently have a codex that was written by someone who missed the point (Named unique characters? Err...), and who have suffered horribly in the transition to 6th, followed by a series of FAQs that made problems worse not better, and who are now an absolutely monobuild army, I thoroughly agree!
There aren't many units in our codex that are definitely BAD choices, and as long as your not going top tier competitive (which we struggle at with any choices), we can throw down with all sorts!

Phil Kelly is God.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 16:20

All hail Phil Kelly!

Well, now that we are silly, I just love it how you open the codex and read

"Dark Eldar
A book of immortal evils
(Cool and sinister logo)

by Phil Kelly"

I showed it to my friend, and he laughed at the end. "A book of immortal evils, by Phil Kelly!"
Of course, he didn't know who Phil Kelly was, and neither did I when I first bought the codex, so it was funny for me too Very Happy

I think it is a great codex, and I think this is a great forum, and I think this is a great hobby.
Just expensive, but saving money helps, it's not like you have to get a hundred minis a day.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 17:04

I think we all have a tendency to forget why we do things like play 40k  - namely to have fun! And we play Dark Eldar because we like causing pain and suffering whilst having fun Twisted Evil 

Or is that just me Question
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15 2013, 21:21

No, to my mythical mind, pointy eared wretches should be evil.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 06:58

Skyboard surfer wrote:
I think we all have a tendency to forget why we do things like play 40k  - namely to have fun! And we play Dark Eldar because we like causing pain and suffering whilst having fun Twisted Evil 

Or is that just me Question
Fun is defined differantly from person to person Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cynics... Aren't we all?   Cynics... Aren't we all? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cynics... Aren't we all?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: GW General Discussion
-
Jump to: