THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is there an app for The Dark City?

Go down 
+2
Lord_Alino
Dire Darkblade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dire Darkblade
Slave
Dire Darkblade

Is there an app for The Dark City? Empty
PostSubject: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 19:59

Hey, the title says it all. Is there an application for these forums? If not, why not work on making one. I see a bunch of other forums that have apps, why not us? Maybe its just a fantasy of mine but i think it would be a fun idea
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 20:15

That's a silly question Dire, I think there is a topic somewhere that lets you ask to be the admin of a certain side-forum
Back to top Go down
Dire Darkblade
Slave
Dire Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 20:17

Whys it silly? Sorry im new to this site and dont know much about how things are done here
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 20:23

I know, your new, that's why i thought it was silly because if you wanted to be an admin on here you would have better chances if you were me (not if you were me, my chances are horrible)

well... better chances if you were EvilSpaceElves... who i think is an admin, idk
Back to top Go down
Dire Darkblade
Slave
Dire Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 20:28

I dont think i have enough experience as a commorite to even think of being an admin how do i attract the attention of the higher ups because i still think its a really good idea
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 00:44

Err, I think you may be confused, Lord Alino: I believe Dire is asking if TheDarkCity can be read on a phone App.
A few forums I am on have their own apps, which make browsing easier than using the phone's internet browser: rather than loading whole webpages, it only has to download text and links.

The forums I use with apps tend to be hosted on forum-hosting sites: TheTyranidHive is on "Proboards", so I use the Proboard app.

As far as I know, TheDarkCity doesn't have an app of its own, but I would be pleased to discover that I am wrong!
Back to top Go down
Amuse Me
Hellion
Amuse Me

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 02:05

I just use chrome, but I view the forum in the classic (not mobile) view, and that works fine for me. Only issue is the "notifications" button is too small to tap.

Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 06:10

I use chrome on my iphone on mobile setting works fine for me but the thought of an evil space elf app is very appealing to me.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Dire Darkblade
Slave
Dire Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 06:29

I use google chrome too, but it would be nice to have an app of our own wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Amuse Me
Hellion
Amuse Me

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 07:34

Yes, yes it would.

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 10:47

Lord-Alino, please don't talk to a new member like that, you were obviously confused in what they were asking.

I think we have discussed this before and our reason then is none of us have any experience in doing it or knowledge of the costs. I had a brief look at adding us to Tapatalk but there are costs involved in that.

The forum runs off Forumotion and they have a beta for mobile versions of the forum which if you have used it, is rather meh.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Dire Darkblade
Slave
Dire Darkblade

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 21:10

Thanks for the clarification sky serpent, im sure Lord_Alino didn't mean anything malicious by his comment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an app for The Dark City?   Is there an app for The Dark City? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an app for The Dark City?
Page 1 of 1