THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

allies and webway portals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrhey
Slave
mrhey

allies and webway portals Empty
PostSubject: allies and webway portals   allies and webway portals I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 05:09

So my understanding with webway portals is only the owner of it can use it. So say one was paired with another player (2v2 or 2v1 or whatever) the other player could not use the webway portal. But how does that apply to taken allies. Since allies are owned by the player my understanding is they should be able to use them, but others i have played with disagree, or just are uncertain if they are able. Am I right in thinking or am I wrong and missing something?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: allies and webway portals   allies and webway portals I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 07:54

The Dark Eldar FAQ clearly states that allies are not allowed to use thr Webway

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: allies and webway portals   allies and webway portals I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 11:20

This is actually one of my favourite GW rules. The FAQ says:

Q: Can units from allied detachment use a webway portal to enter play from reserve? (p62)
A: No.

So if the DE contingent is an allied detachment rather than the primary then they could not use their own WWP but there would be nothing stopping models from the primary detachment from doing so!  Very Happy 

Of course, that's just a bit of rules lawyering. In 99% of cases, the answer that 1++ gave is all you need.

mrhey
Slave
mrhey

PostSubject: Re: allies and webway portals   allies and webway portals I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 14:31

Thank you. I should go find this FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: allies and webway portals   allies and webway portals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

allies and webway portals
Page 1 of 1